On arrival at the hotel we were obviously awaited and treated like royalty with cooled flannels to wipe way the heat of the journey and fruit juice at the Reception desk as we checked in. I didn't have to give our passports up either! All excellent.
We were then escorted to our room by a friendly and informative management staff member. I had phoned in advance to request a high floor room and that is what we were given - I am sure from the conversation that the hotel will definitely try to meet all reasonable requests. The lifts up were clean, quiet and quick at all times.
Although our room was the minimum standard it was large and airy. The walk-in shower was superb and the best we have ever been into in an hotel (30 years holidaying). The beds were really comfortable and the air-conditioning was excellent and free of charge.
The balcony was smallish but OK, except that there was no facility for drying swimwear or other clothes that you might want to rinse through during a stay. We saw on many rooms swimwear etc hanging out to dry on the backs of chairs, which I thought was poor in respect of the hotel as there was no alternative. In an hotel of any type in Greece and especially a 5 star, you should surely have a dryer as standard.
But having given the comments above, I would like to end my review with further positive comments:
1. The food quality, variation of food, chef and service in the main restaurant was superb. 10/10
2. Every single employee at the hotel was totally customer-focused.
3. We will definitely be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amirandes 5 star hotel in Crete, is a sparkling exclusive resort on the coast of east Crete. Themed around the lagoons that swirl through its centre, the luxury hotel in Crete covers a 70,000 sq m beachfront estate comprising of eight restaurants, sandy beaches, Elixir Spa with authentic Ayurveda treatments, outdoor Olympic-size seawater pool, over 60 private pools and extensive children's facilities. The sophisticated guestrooms suites and villas feature indulgent details such as private gyms, home cinema and state-of-the-art bathrooms with colour-therapy and aromatherapy Jacuzzi bathtubs. Refined and considerate service mirrors the Resort's meticulous attention to detail and utmost respect for the privacy of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Gouves
- Grecotel Amirandes Amnissos
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Amnissos
- Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort Kato Gouves, Crete