“Just had a lovely week at the Klio apartments.”
Review of Klio Apart Hotel

Klio Apart Hotel
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Kato Gouves
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just had a lovely week at the Klio apartments. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Hello to Marinos, Yorgos and Leah!! The pool and apartments were clean. We enjoyed the food ( my 3 teenagers enjoyed all the meals). This is an ideal spot for a quiet family holiday, with trips out to Islands and local areas ( arranged by the local companies on the main road or ask at reception). If you want Benidorm, or rowdy parties this is not for you! The other guests during our stay were mainly Greek, I found this local vote of confidence reassuring.
Don't treat meals as an "eat all you can" buffet, there is a selection of salads, soups, 3 mains including a good vegetarian choice then fruits and a sweet. If you are likely to pile this onto one plate then complain there is no ketchup the Klio is not for you!!
The apartments are basic but clean with good A.C., put the shower curtain INSIDE the shower to avoid a wet floor that some have complained of. The hotel Super market is the same price as other local shops. The sea front has great sand and waves, a constant cooling sea breeze and a choice of Taverners.
We had a great holiday, thanks Klio!! xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Louis007London

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Spent over 2 months travelling Greece. My first stop was Crete and Klio Apartments.
Received a very warm welcome. (which is vital when you're tired). The room was spacious - actually the whole complex was spacious. Never felt crammed in. The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. If I needed anything (within reason), it would be obliged. I was so comfortable, it felt like home. In fact I returned another two times as I roamed Crete. After experiencing other similarly priced accommodation throughout the Island, Klio Apartments had the most to offer. If I return I Crete, I will return to Klio Apartments. Period.

Room Tip: No matter where you stay, see if you can get a room without neighbours (if possible).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We booked all inclusive at this supposed 4* apartment. The food was absolutely disgusting! Cold, no choice. The "pool snacks available twice daily" did not exist. The Maid service consisted of clean towels and a new sheet for the bed every three days, bin emptying which was essential as we could not put loo roll down the toilet - plus a toilet roll! There was nothing in Gouves itself, very boring you need a car. No entertainment, a pool which was OK but we never saw it cleaned once in 10 days. The toilets could not take 'toilet paper'. All inclusive was the worst I have ever experienced - drinks very basic. I would never go back there or recommend these apartment to my worst enemy - be warned!

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartments outside the main building. The "Garden view" which we paid ex...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chris K
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just returned from a 10 day all inclusive holiday at the klio aparthotel, very disappointed , rooms basic but clean, all staff very friendly, nice pool, no entertainment, no reception after 3pm. We arrived at 2.45 am, no one to greet us, had to sit in reception til 5am til someone came to show us our room. The food was awful, I lived on tomatoes and melon the whole time, only decent meals were breakfast, but just the same thing every day, all food brought in , not cooked on premises so it was always cold or Luke warm when served. The food was not suitable for the British taste. Must stress the few staff that were there were all very nice and friendly, but it is not a good all inclusive hotel, it's better suited to self catering.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just returned from a week stay at Klio. The staff and management are brilliant!!!! We travelled with a group of special needs clients, booked it through DIRECT HOLIDAYS (Terrible) The staff were told nothing about our group and were not expecting us... Nevertheless Marie, the owner, did everything possible to assist us.. She change our rooms for accessible rooms immediately, did everything in her power to ensure we had a good time.. thanks Marie it was a pleasure to meet you and your family.... Having said this, the resort is not ready to accept dissabled clients, I would not take them again, but I would certainly go there with my family..Its a very relaxing holiday, everyone is laid back and friendly, perfect place to chill. A special thanks to Marinos the barman,(extremely knowledgeable guy) and Costas, Marias' husband... They were amazing!! Keep up the good work boys!!! Thanks again....

Room Tip: choose an apartment, well worth the extra few pounds.. e.mail hotel before you go.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cazzybell
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks at the Klio without any problems. Had a 1 bed apt which was massive, decor was clean and in good condition. We travelled with a 22 month old and her cot was safe and in good condition too. We found the property quiet but we were quite happy at that as we were in bed by 10 most nights. I really liked the playroom next to reception, good place for littles ones to play out of the sun. 5 minute walk to be beach which is good for all age ranges.

Room Tip: If you book a 1 bed apt ask for one in number ranges 9 to 15 as they are massive and away from the s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank nikfik
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Myself my wife and my 2 year old have just spent 10 days at Klio, it is a family run business and Maria who was the face of Klio was fantastic, she helped us with organising trips, hiring a car and couldn't have been more helpful, every member of her team were fantastic and i would recommend staying there to anyone.
The place was very clean, it was a perfect location to the beach and resturants and was quiet in the evening so was good for families.
Everyone was very warm and friendly

LOVED IT

#21 of 36 in Kato Gouves
Semiramis Village
Semiramis Village
#137 of 184 in Hersonissos

Been to Klio Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!