I came in half term for a weeks break with my 2 kids and partner. Check in was swift and taken to our room with a smile. We arrived at 11pm and they kindly had a little snack table for new arrivals which was a nice touch.
The hotel was clean in most areas, however the poolside toilets were smelly.
Room was spacious and included a fridge. The safe was small and wouldn't take an iPad2. Small cost for the week. Beds were comfortable. Balcony family sized, ideal for drying the beach towels!! Aircon is free. Views were good - pool one side, and the outdoor dining on the other.
Food was acceptable, we didn't go hungry, though it got a bit samey after a few days. Bowls of spices / condiments were there to added a kick to the food as needed. The outdoor dining area was lovely with well maintained plants. A few cats wondered around - fine if you don't mind them.
The bar was poor apart from soft drinks. The beer was fine, but all other drinks inc the cocktails were weak and tasted of chemicals. The bar staff were always pleasant.
The amenities included a gym (not used as on holiday!), pool, table tennis, pool table. My son loved the table tennis, but for some reason fell foul of one of the reception girls. He wasn't allowed the ball as there had "been complaint about the noise". The table was 10 yds from the animation team speakers playing music all day..you couldn't hear a ping pong ball. The attitude changed when an adult went and asked what the problem was...unnecessary by them and my son was upset by it.
The animation team were fine, but I think they struggled as most weren't up for exercise and games in 30 deg heat! lol
The hotel is 5mins walk from the beach and the sea was lovely. Beds and parasol were 6E for a set of 2. The village had two shops and a few bars / restaurants. More were about 15-20mins walk along the promenade. The cocktails were 5E and fabulous, at least 4 units per glass!
Overall we enjoyed out time here barring that one silly episode from the reception girl.
Its about 20-30mins from Heraklion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St.Constantin Hotel is set on the island of Crete in the peaceful area of Gouves Village,20 km from the airport and 25 km from Heraklion City Center.The atmosphere of St.Constantin Hotel will charm the visitor and the warm hospitality will embrace your every moment during your stay. St.Constantin Hotel consists of 134 rooms, which are divided in Double and Family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your St. Constantin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Constantin Village Hotel Gouves
- St Constantin Village Heraklion
- St. Constantin Hotel Kato Gouves, Crete