Returned home on 22nd Oct after having a late season two week hol at the Blue Aegean. Enjoyed the hotel although very quiet the second week - it was closing for the season the day we left. Thought the food generally was very good a very good selection for all meals. Nice pool which after the kids left after the end of the first week was good having it to ourselves.We enjoyed daily walks both to the left and right along the seafront and visited the Aquarium one day which was interesting. Entertainment tapered off dramatically during the second week - understandably as there were only seven guests! - All British who got on very well together.Downside to the hotel as has been mentioned is that the owner has two dogs that he is keeping as guard dogs and some guests were disturbed by their barking during the night,and they are not kept on leads sometimes roaming around the hotel,they ran off twice during the second week. All-inclusive package was adequate and good value for the money,all local drinks and mixers,local wine and lager. We would return to the Blue Aegean as generally good value for money - worked out at £45 a day p.p including flights and transfers,try getting that in the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Aegean Suites and Apartments is situated in the resort of Gouves, 18 Km east of the city of Heraklion, on the northeast coast of Crete, and 50 meters from beautiful sandy beach. Crete is the largest of Greek Islands, and fifth largest in the Mediterranean. Crete was once the centre of the Minoan Civilisation and its archaeological sites, such as Knossos and Phaestos and other magnificent places of interest are easily reached from the Blue Aegean. The Blue Aegean is designed specifically for families with children, and couples. We offer a wide range of hotel facilities combined with the convenience of several catering options, such as All-Inclusive, Half Board, Bed & Breakfast or simply Self-Catering. We provide a rich selection of traditional Greek cuisine, both hot and cold, a locally sourced nutritional Mediterranean menu using olive oil, local herbs and wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables. Our poolside pagoda offers a range of professional massage and beauty treatments for your total holiday relaxation. Every guest receives a complimentary treatment too. This new facility has proven to be highly popular; it’s there at your disposal. We are a family run hotel who not only provide efficient service but also create a genuinely friendly atmosphere. Every guest is warmly welcomed with typical Greek hospitality. We believe that communication with our guests is essential to satisfy every need, and any requests are dealt with personally by the management. Comprised of fifty eight beautifully appointed suites and apartments located in eight separate buildings, each named after an island of the Aegean Sea, the accommodation offers comfort and quality, space and style for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Aegean Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Aegean Apartotel Gouves
- Blue Aegean Apartotel Hotel Gouves
- Blue Aegean Hotel & Suites Kato Gouves, Crete