“ok, but would not return”
Review of Club Lyda Hotel

Club Lyda Hotel
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Kato Gouves
Reviewed August 6, 2014

On arrival we were greeted by costas, who is so friendly and helpful, 1st room was awful, dirty, noisy old fridge, no shower curtain, next to olive trees which attracted mosquito, 2nd room was better, staff are so friendly, stefanos and costas in particular were fantastic, bad points, food not great, pool toilets not cleaned enough, visited rainbow bar for food and helen across from hotel aswell, bus service fantadtic which takes you to hessonassis whuch is a lively town to visit, Malia is stop after but nit for the faint hearted, lol, overall , loved frete, just not this hotel unfortunately,

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank susan

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at about 10.30 as we walked up the road the music was roaring out.We were then taken to our room if you could call it that it was no better than a cave.The beds were so old and hard very uncomfatable.Then to make it worse cockroaches we caught seven went to reception and were told the maid would spray ,they wouldnt give us another room,as i tried to sleep(which was impossable for the music)a roach landed on my head.Worse holiday ever.Thomas Cook need to be looking into this hotel

Room Tip: Dont know we didnt see any.Probably by the top pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rita g
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Very satisfied about the service we received from the employees. Especially from: Costas, George, Vasso, and Despina. The hotel has nice facilities, and the reception provides great information about tourist attractions. If something should be taken care of, it would be the meal. We missed some authentic Greek food.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Ara S
Roula N, Διευθυντής at Club Lyda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay at Club Lyda. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Club Lyda.

Regarding your comments on the food I have to state, that our menu consists of many Greek traditional recipes such as Muzaka, gumbo, lamp in Greek style and many others.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

All inclusive is not all inclusive. Food is not good. And hotel is outside area. Night time shower and water is closed. And only russian disco and after 11 PM is all over. Not recomended. .............................

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Imre N
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at lyda club on the 2nd of June, we was on a lads holiday and we had a afternoon flight so when we had showed up it was late and but we was greeted by the friendliest man and who I can only describe as the nicest guy and a credit to the hotel costas, who which gave us food due to missing dinner and we needed sobering up. We were on a lads holiday so for us hersonissos and malia are a 20 minute bus journey so the hotel being only 2 minutes up the road from a bus stop was a great location for us to chill in the day and party at night. Our room was brilliant 2 single beds and a double bed, being 3 lads we weren't exactly tidy at times but the room always would be cleaned so well! The pools are brilliant such a good vibe. The bar was brilliant with all the guys behind it and had such a laugh with stefanos who is such a funny guy and was nice enough to give me a lift one night. The animation was a Tunisian guy called michel who always worked hard and really got people involved and everyone who was in the hotel in our stay got to know eachother and would play water volleyball for hours people from all different countries. We always worry as we come to Crete every year because were lads in our early 20s we get stereotyped and we should but at lyda we weren't treated as trouble they treated us like family and it's an incredible atmosphere to be there. Anyone who complains about the food are ridiculous, great choice of meals, always different meats and fish with other dishes, never had a meal I didn't enjoy. There was a waitress there she couldn't speak English, she was quite young with dark hair, when I was hungover every morning I would walk out and she would literally bring me good and look after me. I have been back a month today and I am still upset that I'm not at lyda! Amazing place and we will return next year.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Liamdyke
Roula N, Διευθυντής at Club Lyda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Club Lyda. I am happy to learn that our facilities and service exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2014 and when we arrived it was late at night and were greeted by a man at the desk. When I asked him about the air conditioning, how much and if I could leave it on in the day and with his awful attitude he said why you need it, you not stay in room?! This is the awful attitude from the staff we had all week.but we were pleasantly surprised that they had left us sandwiches and water in the room. But then the room wasn't right and wasn't very clean. So they said they would move us the next day. The next morning when we woke up we found out we were in the room they call the dungeon room. I went back to the room around 12 and the smell was so shocking. We had the fans for the toilets right next to our room and it was blowing out all the dirty water from the toilets. Was absolutely vile. I made a complaint but they weren't in a hurry to assist. We were moved the next day, but only by.chance of the hotel manager hearing me say how disappointed I was with the hotel. When we did move we had a room near the bar and the music was so loud, it didn't stop until 1am and started again at 9am. Staff weren't Greek and were very rude. Food was very little. Chips and.chocolate cake at breakfast. Only 4 choices for evening meal. Too many Russians Italians and Germans. Which were all very rude aswell. All inclusive stops at 11pm and they had silly rules like only using one glass over and.over again. Staff told me, what do I expect, it's only 3star. Bad attitudes. Best part about the holiday was the shop and pool. English tourists should stay away. Not friendly people.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank l-davies1990
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The outside area of the hotel is really nice and looks like an authentic Greek villa rather then a hotel. Three lovely pools including one with pool bar. I arrived before my partner due to unforeseen circumstances and the staff looked after me and made me feel special and not alone.

Room Tip: Choose one pool view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
1  Thank Kat833
Roula N, Διευθυντής at Club Lyda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to read your compliments of the friendliness and dedication of our colleagues. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kato Gouves
#6 of 36 in Kato Gouves
Hotel Eden Rock
Hotel Eden Rock
#3 of 3 in Agia Fotia

Been to Club Lyda Hotel? Share your experiences!