“Probably the worst lunch we've ever had in Italy”
Review of Trattoria da Riccardo - CLOSED

Trattoria da Riccardo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hampshire
“Probably the worst lunch we've ever had in Italy”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went there on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed in Barga. The only positive thing I can say about this restaurant is that it has a good view. The food was terrible (very little sausage or porcini in the risotto, at the most one mouthful of meat on the roast rabbit, no regular cola only diet, tomatoes were tasteless ......) service was brusque and unprofessional. They weren't concerned whether we were there or not. I would not go back if it was free!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank CeeJayHampshire

Derry, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family restaurant with superb views”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A great welcome and equally great view from the terrace seating. We shared a seafood salad hors d'oeuvres with primi piattis of mushroom risotto and clam spaghetti followed by secondi of sea bass fillets for me while my wife had baked cod. Absolutely delicious, all of it. And very reasonable @ €30pp, which included a litre of the house white wine. Very nice service and though the hostess speaks English, I think she is Scottish, the waiting staff are very tolerant of attempts at broken Italian.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank cuairteoirdoire
glasgow
“RICCARDO'S RESTAURANT BARGA ITALY”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

While staying in Lucca for a week, my friend and I visited Barga for the day. We went into Riccardo's for lunch and it was really enjoyable. We sat out on the terrace and admired the view while drinking the lovely house red wine. Two fantastic courses for €10, unbelievable value, I had the pesto pasta to start which was delicious, I then had the lamb chop with roast potatoes, again delicious, fantastic food at unbelievable value for money, I would definitely recommend this lovely restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank hamiltsglasgow
karamiav
“The seafood salad and grill were excellent.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We ate here twice, the first night much better than the second. It has the best view of the mountains in all of Barga. Book ahead.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank karamiav
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good menu, great views!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We really enjoyed sitting on the back patio and taking in the magnificent views of the Tuscan mountains as we had our meals. The food was well prepared, very flavorful, and good value.

Visited April 2013