“lucky find”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels / Ryokan in Sakai
Paddington
“lucky find”
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I came into Kansai Airport late evening with little idea and no Japanese except for a booking at the Comfort Hotel in Sakai and with the bare knowledge that Sakai was somewhere in the vicinity of Kansai. Indeed it was on the railway track to Osaka which was the destination of all the trains. Within an hour I was setling into a comfortable room with all the amenities a single traveller could want with the promise of breakfast in the morning.
I was here for 5 days and it set me up for a terrific tour around Japan.

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank Raymond53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
SLC Utah
Reviewed July 23, 2008

My brother and I stayed here in April 08 for 4 nights. We totally enjoyed our stay! The beds were comfortable and the hotel was located about 5 minutes from the Sakai train station. The free breakfast is great and the coffee was good. The bathrooms are very small, but it worked out okay...we are both over 6 ft tall :o)

The front desk was a BIG help to us. They spoke pretty good english and helped us out a lot. In the mornings we would tell them where we were headed and they would write down the train stations names we would need to transfer to and from. Getting around for us was the hardest thing to figure out. By the time we left we were pretty comfortable with the trains and subways!!

I would suggest having lot's of YEN - while the hotels take credit cards, most of the small cafes and stores do NOT. We visited Koyoto, Nara and Kobe - Nara was our favorite place!! I think this hotel is great!!

• Liked — Location to the train station was an easy 5 minute walk.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cghendricks
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Stayed at the Sakai Comfort Hotel during a trip from Seoul to the Kansai region. The staff was great, they spoke English quite well. Always helped me, even with annoying questions about what is this in Japanese etc. The front desk girls were always willing to find something out for me such as when the Nankai train last stopped or how much yen would it cost to ride the train here and there etc. The room was small but I was in a single, the room was very clean and had a small fridge. The bed and pillow were excellent.
Now the bathtub was smaller but very deep so after pounding the pavement all day in Osaka and Kyoto I was able to take a much needed relaxing bath. There is wireless internet access in every room and a computer in the lobby for guests as well. The complimentary breakfast was very good as well. Crossaints, eggs, espresso, black coffee, yogurt, fruit etc.
I didn't go to it but I noticed that there was a sushi restaurant next door, also there is a washer and dryer in the vending room on the 3rd floor.

To get there I was a little confused being my first time in Japan. But now when exiting the Sakai Station walk up to the front of the main street in front and walk right. You will walk past a bridge and a small stream. You keep walking about 2 blocks or so until you hit a main street with a bunch of palm trees in the middle. Walk down (or go right) You will see it easy as pie. There is also a McDonalds at the Sakai Station, however the menu is in japanese but you can point and the wait staff is very friendly and accomadating.

This is a good hotel for your stay in Kansai, if you arrive from the Kansai airport you can take the Rapid Beta Train which is very comfortable and stops at Sakai and is in English and has a luggage storage place. Unlike the Nankai train which is only in japanese etc. I would definately go back again, I stayed for 3 nights and paid 16,500 yen. $(165.00)

Also it was quiet at night and housekeeping did an excellent job. The alarm clock was easy to use and there is CNN for free on the TV. You can buy a TV pass on any floor to watch movies etc. I never did since I was out and about in Kyoto. I would definately recommend getting the Kansai Thru Pass at the airport for 3 days for 5,000 yen. Cheers!

• Liked — Breakfast, location, staff
  • Disliked — No pool but thats OK, don't hardly use hotel pools or want to anyway
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cornicecream
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed April 12, 2006

I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2005.

The hotel is located in Sakai. There is nothing of interest (for a tourist) in the vicinity of the hotel, but the location is still convenient given the low price. You can get to the hotel by taking the private Nankai line from the Namba station. The ride takes about 10 minutes, the hotel is visible from the Sakai station and is a 3 min. walk away. Trains are running every 15-20 minutes.

This is a typical business hotel that offers clean, although small, rooms, free breakfast, a free Internet PC in the lobby and a free WiFi access throughout the hotel. The WiFi connection in my room was unreliable though, so I often had to go with my notebook to the lobby to get stuff done.

The reception is helpful, with English-speaking staff.

I would certainly stay here again when going to Osaka on a budget.

• Stayed September 2005