“A wonderful vacation that will never be forgotten !”
Review of Constance Halaveli

Constance Halaveli
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halaveli Island
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A wonderful vacation that will never be forgotten !”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Constance Halaveli for 3 days for a vacation... we tried both a beach villa & a water villa and we enjoyed them both .. I have been before to Maldives.. but the clear crystal water at Constance is way different than any other place I have ever been to! The island is a little Paradise which I do recommend to visit! The spa is a must try as well .. the snorkeling was nice but the turtle snorkeling wasn't that good .. we were able to see one turtle only at a distance of 10 meters maybe ..
I appreciate that the hotel took all our requests into consideration.. I asked for a certain villa no. That has the most privacy & I was given that villa that I requested.. I appreciate that .. I recommend the beach villas away from the plane arrival jetty.. from the other side if you were looking for privacy..

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives and thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the entire Trip Advisor Community.

The team and I are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in both, our water villa and our beach villa, and that you found Halaveli to be different from all the places you have been before in the Maldives!

We are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience in the Spa and that you will recommend it to our visitors.

Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing you review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise!

Dominik Kuenstle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 16, 2014

On Arrival, I have to stay in Male for one night because of the late flight. When I arrived the hotel at Male, Constance Halaveli staff has already get in touch with the hotel and leave with the seaplane information the next morning.

It has a lounge near the seaplane port, so that you can stay in there, relax a bit and wait for around 45 mins before boarding. There is a seaplane terminal at the island so you don’t have to connect any speedboat after seaplane.

Once getting off, a very warm welcome with my language surprised me! After filling in all the information and an introduction by the staff, there is still one hour before our room is ready so we have to wait in the common room or to walk around while waiting.

I am not sure if it is due to the limited seaplane schedule, yet why can’t we take the flight a bit later but have to wake up as early as 8 at Male after a late night arrival if the room ain’t available until 2pm?

Going to the room, it was fantastic – nicely natural decorated, spacious, with in house smart TV system, Nespresso machine, pool and podium, you can simply stay in the room all day! Just steps away you can go underwater to explore, yet areas close to the bungalow are having small fishes only, you have to paddle a bit outside to see more reef and big fishes (and even small sharks!)

There was one mistake by the staff though, I was requesting a sunset room and the staff also said the room is a sunset room during introduction on arrival, but it turned out to be a sunrise room!

In terms of the environment of the island, it is not a big island but have everything you need already. Restaurants and bars, long beaches and you can walk around the island, tennis court, gym and calling a bogie can take you everywhere you want (though you have to wait for quite a while sometimes)

Talking about restaurants, The breakfast and dinner buffet are nice enough which we hadn’t tried any other restaurants not included in our package. Breakfast are always international, for dinner buffet it is having different themes each night so you wouldn’t get bored. The staff also mentioned if we really don’t like the food of buffet, the dinner buffet can be redeemed as cash credit to spend in other restaurant which I personally appreciate it as quite a good substitute if anyone would want to go for a romantic dinner.

As for activities, other than the amenities I have mentioned above, there is a diving center and spa which I have paid for some activities.

First for the diving centre, the staff are all very friendly and with excellent service, they are also keen to provide information not only for diving, but also about the marine structure around the hotel so that you would know where to go snorkeling. We have went out for a session of scuba diving, but the price is a bit high compare to other asia pacific locations and if you are not really keen to go deeply into the water, snorkeling is a very good alternative and you can already see a lot of fishes.

Second for the spa, because of the offers including welcome offer and honeymoon offer, we’d been to there twice. The massagers are skillful and the room are also nicely decorated, with a special “fish view” when you look down from hole of the massage bed. A bit of complain on the second visit though, because of the long awaited bogie time were we late for around 15 mins of the appointed time, the first sentence from the spa staff was a serious word “You are late”. After then we were almost not giving a chance to choose look at the massage menu nor to choose what we want, (fortunately we’d visited just days ago and we know what we can choose) then they guide us straightly to the massage room. After that we were told because we were late for 20 mins so the massage time would also be shortened to 40 mins for a 60 mins package. Is it really needed to have such a rush back-to-back booking like this?

Lastly it is about departure, after check out and the bill are settled, again there is another hour before the seaplane arrived so we have to wait at the common room again. Before we leave, we would want to arrange for something to be sent back to our own country. So we requested for a box, packed it and asked the hotel to help us to send. Not sure if it is because the request is bit odd or what, it was not so proper communicated. First I was told on the last day that if we want them to send, we need to get ready the day before so that they can get the staff to go to Male to quote the price. Then they said they can still do it but would cause some delay, so the better way would be to carry it with us to the seaplane and send it by ourselves at the post office at Male airport. However, when we arrived Male airport, we were told by the post staff that the post office only accept letter and postcard, for parcel that need to be sent from Male city post office. So there is no way but we can only leave it to the hotel staff at the airport, as told by the hotel. After couple days, I didn’t see any price quote so I have sent an email to ask, not until few days later (in total a week after) I received the email and said that they are waiting the staff to quote the price from different courier company. However, I have mentioned since day 1 that we would only need the deliver service by post office so re-iterate it in the email I only need a normal delivery service. Then after couple days I receive their email again and only quote me the price of DHL! Fortunately they have also quoted the price of delivery by EMS and that’s what I have chosen finally and the parcel received only couple days after.

Apart from those small areas which I think the service can still be further improved, the overall experience of the hotel was great and thanks again for Constance Halaveli for giving me the memorable honeymoon trip.

Room Tip: For bungalow, it starts from 30 till 80 something, smaller number closer to the island. odd numbers...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives and thank you for sharing your detailed review with us and the entire Trip Advisor Community.

The entire team and I are pleased to read that you had a great honeymoon in one of our water villas and enjoyed all of the facilities our magical island has to offer.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback on the timings of the seaplane transfers and your waiting times in our lounges respectively. Please allow me to share with you that all seaplane transfers are operated by a third party company called Transmaldivian Air Taxi. Therefore we do not have any control over the timings and schedules of the seaplanes. However, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused to you in this regards.

Thank you as well for your feedback on our Spa and your second treatment session. Please kindly note that all Spa bookings are subject to availability and are therefore kept within a certain time slot. To allow our guests to have enough time to choose a preferred type of treatment and to go through the formalities, we recommend all of our guests to be minimum 15 minutes prior to their treatment at our Spa. Given this time frame, a smooth and relaxing Spa experience is guaranteed.

Our team from the Dive Center was happy to hear that you enjoyed their services and the information given about the dive and snorkeling sites by them.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the mailing of your parcel. I have personally shared your comments with our team. Together we have stated the shortfalls in our service and communication and we will implement your experience in further trainings of our team.

Once again, I would like thank you for all of your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our magical island on your next visit.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We visited Halaveli with our 2 children 7 and 2 years old. We had to wait for a few other guests in the arrival lounge but it was comfortable and not a problem. Upon arrival we were taken straight to our villa, we stayed in a double storey villa and we were very impressed with the accommodation which was spacious, of a very high standard with a small but nice swimming pool and direct beach access which felt like our private beach since so very few people were passing by. Halaveli doesn't have a great house reef but as a result there were very few sharp objects in the sand and our youngest could play around barefooted without hurting her feet even once and there was still enough coral to impress my 7 year old son with the snorkeling so this was perfectly balanced for us.

I did a total of 7 dives and the dive center was absolutely first class staffed with friendly and sociable but thoroughly professional people who provided a fantastic experience, special thanks to Tobias and Ari. The diving was not cheap but good value given the quality of the service provided. The dive sites were very good and varied and they were all within less than an hour by dhow.

I didn't visit the spa but according to my wife it was very good.

The resort is very welcoming to children, the kids club was nice and Joanne really made a great effort to entertain the kids. I think however that it could be a good idea to send information to guests with children in the evening about the next day's activities in the kids club.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday at Halaveli and I would certainly consider returning however there are a few things that could be even better. The service is a bit hit and miss especially at he main restaurant (service was great at Jing) and also sometimes when calling guest services/front desk, it should be said though that everyone were always friendly and we felt like the staff were trying their level best. On our last day the resort very kindly offered us a late check out since we had an evening flight. Upon checkout I asked about using the Constance lounge at the airport and was told that this normally cost 25USD per person but if we need to use it for only 1 hour or less we could "probably just talk to the staff at the lounge in Male". When we reached Male the staff there said that we should have paid the previous day and they called the front office manager who said that we had received a letter the previous night that explained all the departure procedures and therefore we would not be allowed into the lounge even if we did pay because this should have been done at the resort. This simply wasn't true, I have this letter from the front office manager in my hand and it certainly doesn't say anything about the Constance lounge. After having just paid a 5-digit $ amount this wasn't a very nice way to say goodbye, I think this policy is penny wise and pound foolish and any policy, good or bad, needs to at least be well explained. In the end it turned out that our airline did offer a lounge at the airport so it wasn't a big issue and overall the positives of our stay by far outweighed the negatives.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank romejune2005
Dear Guest,

Warm and sunny greetings from the beautiful Maldives! Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor!

We – the entire Constance Halaveli Team and I – are thrilled to read that you and your family had a wonderful stay in one of our Double Storey Villas with private pool and direct access to the beach. We sincerely appreciate your feedback on the service in our Jahaz Restaurant and we will certainly continue training in this specific area.

Our team from the Diving Center and especially Tobias and Ari were delighted that you enjoyed your various dives and found the team to be professional, sociable and friendly.

Thank you as well for your feedback regarding our Airport Lounge. Please allow me to share with you that all of our guests with a late international flight receive a letter with detailed information about the use of our Constance Lounge at the airport three days prior to their departure. We are sorry, should this letter not have reached you and we apologize for any inconvenience caused in this regards.

Finally, I am pleased to forward you greetings from our Constance Kids Club Supervisor Joanne, who was delighted to learn about the recognition of all of her efforts from your side. We simply love to have kids on our island and we are happy that your kids spent a good time on Halaveli!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review with us and the entire Trip Advisor Community and we look forward to welcoming you back to our magical island on your next visit!

Sydney
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We went to Constance Halaveli for our honeymoon. Halaveli is accessible by seaplane from Male airport (about 25 minutes). Worthwhile to take a pair of ear plugs for the seaplane. The view from the seaplane is amazing. You would get a glimpse of different islands of Maldives.
Check in for the hotel occurs at the Constance lounge at the airport. They provide refreshments while checking in and waiting for the sea plane transfer.
Once you land at Constance, the staff are waiting and waving for you at the wharf. The scenery when you get off is spectacular.
There are different types of accommodation at Constance. We stayed at over the water bungalow. (All the over water bungalow has own private plunge pool) the room was amazing. 2 selarate rooms (1 being bathroom). Bedroom was great size, huge comfortable king size bed, multiple choice of pillows, daily fresh fruit, nespresso coffee and teas, and wifi.
Bathroom was also big, fantastic oval shaped bath tub, separate shower and toilet, rainshower and 2 separate wardrobes.
All of these rooms face the ocean and the plunge pool. All the bungalows are fenced, you cannot see other cabin. Plunge pool is too small to swim, but enough to relax and enjoy the view of the ocean and fish. Below the plunge pool, you ca walk down to the ocean for swim or snorkel.
One person makes the room for the whole stay.
Every staff in this resort are friendly and helpful.
If the cabin is far from the main area (or simply don't want to walk) you can ask for a buggy ride.
Food: we heard so any stories how food at these resorts in Maldives are bad. On the contrary, Jahaz restaurant exceeded our expectation, food was great! Every night was different themed buffet (they excelled the most when it was Indian Ocean and seafood theme), breakfast did not have much variety between days, but was still great.
We did half board for our stay, and from my opinion, this was more than enough. We did not get to try other 2 restaurants they have on the property.
Activities: non motorised activities are complimentary.
Sunset fishing: at a cost, but whichever fish you catch, you can get the restaurant to cook them for you at a cost for whichever day you like.
I cannot find any fault with this resort, nothing but a fond, fantastic, and a beautiful stay we had. It was superb and I dearly miss it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jacaranda0
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from the sunny Maldives!

The entire Constance Halaveli Team and I are thrilled to read that you had a fond, fantastic and beautiful stay in one of our water villas and we would like to thank you for posting your detailed review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed the amenities of your villa, the buffets in Jahaz Restaurant, sunset fishing, our buggy service and our Constance Lounge at the airport in Male. Our team members were delighted to hear that you found them to be friendly and helpful at all times.

We have well noted your feedback on the variety of our breakfast buffet and we will certainly take your comments on board for further improvements.

On behalf of all of us here on Halaveli, I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write and share your review with us and the entire Trip Advisor Community and we look forward to welcoming you back on Halaveli to create another superb experience for you!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at constance halaveli for 5 days in total and it was truly one of the most fantastic experience we've ever had.

from the moment we stepped off the plane we were greeted by the fantastic staff and attended to our every needs be it half board queires, water sports equipement and also organising a photoshoot for us on the beach.

we stayed in water villa #60 which was a perfect distance from the island as it was only a 5min walk, perfect after the buffet breakfast ( which we needed to work off all the food we ate!)

the water villas were spacious and the plunge pool was beyond perfection.

we organised a honeymoon photoshoot with marco care from the diving centre and we highly recommend having a photoshoot done whilst you're on the island. you cannot get a better backdrop than the island itself and the photos were just amazing. we were very happy with how the photos turned out and marco kept us entertained the entire time and guided us how to capture / pose for the perfect shot

All the staff which we've come across during our stay have been more than welcoming and kind to us. a special mention goes out to Hassan ( the restaurant manager at Jahaz). he is extremely professional and it was a pleasure getting to know him. He had organised a beautiful set up with flowers and a fantastic spot for us on the beach for our dinners on more than one occasion simply because we mentioned it was our honeymoon.

our experience with Constance halaveli was nothing but perfection and we will definitely visit the resort again!

Room Tip: Water Villa #60 faces the lagoon so you get to see the seaplanes land and also water sports. if you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nelly c
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives!

The entire team and I are excited to read that you had a fantastic experience with us and we would like to thank you for posting your wonderful review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! It is always a great pleasure to learn, that we succeeded in exceeding our guests’ expectations. Hassan was thrilled about your comments regarding his services and sends you his best regards.

In addition, we are glad that our photographer Marco was able to capture your time here on Halaveli on some pictures and he is thrilled that you are happy with his art work.

Thank you as well for your comments about the breakfast buffet at our Jahaz Restaurant. We are delighted that you enjoyed your daily walk back to the villa on Maldives longest water villa jetty!

Once again, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for sharing your review with us and the whole Trip Advisor Community and we look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island on your next visit!

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Paradise island with luxury water villas to enjoy the good life. The villas are great and spacious with ultimate privacy. The island is just from a picture.
All staff as extremely friendly and service is great. And all 3 restaurants serve great fish and the choice of wines is endless. Our holiday on Halaveli was just awesome.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul S
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor!

The entire team and I were happy to read that you spent an awesome holiday on Halaveli and enjoyed the privacy of our water villas. Our team members were delighted that you found them to be extremely friend and our service to be great. Exceeding our guests’ expectations is always our goal on Halaveli and it is always a great pleasure to learn that we succeeded in doing so.

Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing your review with us and the whole Trip Advisor Community and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise on your next visit!

london
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Amazing week in a beach villa with a 3 year old and 9 month old. We were a bit wary of spoiling romantic couples stays, but the resort is very child friendly and the beach villas private enough for us to make as much noise as we wanted.
Staff were always helpful and a special mention to the guys running Jin and Jahaz restaurants; they made sure my veggie wife was always looked after.
One small gripe was the the pool service wasn't as attentive.

We are already plannng the next trip...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives!

The team and I are pleased to read that you and your family spent an amazing week in one of our beach villas and we would like to thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor! Our team members were delighted to hear that you found them to be always helpful and our hotel to be very child friendly. We are honored, that you are already planning your next trip to our beautiful island!

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Halaveli on your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Halaveli Island
#1 of 1 in Fesdhoo Island
Kuramathi Island Resort
Kuramathi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Kuramathi

Been to Constance Halaveli? Share your experiences!