Constance Halaveli
$134
Trip.com
  • Beachfront
Kandolhu Maldives(North Ari Atoll)
$576
$653
$357
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Starry Night at Ukulhas(Ukulhas)(Great Value!)
$50
$44
Priceline
Diamonds Athuruga(Athuruga Island)
$414
$306
  • Beachfront
Holiday Heaven Ukulhas(Ukulhas)(Great Value!)
$100
$55
Velidhu Island Resort(Velidhoo Island)
$173
$164
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Inn(Hangnaameedhoo Island)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Breakfast included
Nika Island Resort & Spa(Kudafolhudhoo Island)
$315
$194
Orbitz.com
1,511 results
All reviewsplunge poolin villa diningwater villaour honeymoonhalf boardfishresident managerwine cellarkids clubwater sportsheaven on earthvilla hostbreakfast and dinnermain restaurantfamily beachsea planedive centre
Reviewed June 6, 2013

A wonderful resort, with great staff, great facilities, but unfortunately i was not not there long enough to really enjoy it.
The food and restaurant settings are fantastic with some really creative cuisine.
Check out the wine cellar it is awesome.

Room Tip: Take an over-water villa
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Halaveli!

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but are very sorry it was not long enough. However, that simply gives you a reason to come back!

I am so pleased to hear that you found our wine cellar awesome, on your next visit please allow us to plan a private dinner in the cellar for you!

On behalf of everyone here at Constance Halaveli, I would like to thank you for your feedback and we are truly looking forward to seeing you shortly.

General Manger

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is one of the best resorts in Maldives, The Sea plane transfer was smooth and the odd number villa made sure we have tons of privacy... service was excellent, i was debating between Taj (I have been there before), Constance Halaveli and Mafhoshi . The Taj does not even come close to what Constance Halaveli has to offer in terms of privacy,, service food and activites.

We were on our honey moon and were greeted with Champeign. Eat anywhere in the island the food is excellent. The fine dining experience is excellent. in the evening you have some reef sharks come by near the fine dining restaurant aswell.

Corals are all around so snorkling is fun. You have tons of privacy and me and my wife enjoyed it.

Snorkling extravaganza and Scuba diving were fun with excellent instructors in Rea,

Had a great time with the theme nights some of which we attended.

This place is a no brainer if you are want privacy and not have to hear the sea planes etc

Enjoyed the drinks that Shiv came up with some of which were off the menu.

We stayed at the water villa and it was beautiful overlooking the indian ocean, I thought May would be hot but the weather was perfect between 24 and 28 celcius

Room Tip: Odd number villas are better

Dear Guest,

Warm and sunny greetings from Constance Halaveli!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and excited to hear that you found your experience with us beyond exceptional.

Honeymoons are truly a special time and we are thrilled we were able to ensure that yours even more magical.

I have passed your comments about Shiva on to him and he was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your cocktails.

Wishing you all the best and on behalf of everyone here at Constance Halaveli, we are truly looking forward to seeing you shortly.

General Manger

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Most of the reviews of Constance Halaveli on Tripadvisor is spot-on and give you a good indication of what you can expect there. But reviews don't come close to explaining how beautiful it really is and how wonderful the hotel, accommodation and staff really are. We couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon anywhere else. The staff really made our stay there special. they always called us by our names, they were friendly and willing to go the extra mile for us. It was great to meet the General Manager, Renato, and all the effort he put into making making our honeymoon unforgettable. There are many memories that will stay with us forever.

The attention to detail is commendable and unrivaled. We really can't wait to go back. Looking at the negative comments that have been made with regards to the hotel, I can't help but find them overly nitpicking, that the concerns weren't raised with the management (who would have no doubt attended to them) or it being out of the hotel's control. The impression that we were left with at Constance Halaveli is that they really do try and make your dreams come true at this resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Halaveli, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to spare your thoughts with the Trip Advisor Community!

We are charmed to hear that you felt the desire to show ‘extreme love’ towards are property, it is truly an honour!

Thank you for your comments about our rooms, I am so glad you enjoyed relaxing in the luxurious bath tub at sunset.

Regarding your comments about the breakfast buffet, we have forwarded them to our Executive Chef and will look into further options.

We have forwarded your comments about Hassan and Kudey to them, and they were delighted to hear from you!

I am so pleased to hear that your spa experience was so magical, we will have to plan a few special treatments for you upon your return!

On behalf of everyone here at Constance Halaveli, I would like to thank you once more for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I came to Constance Halaveli for a much needed break, and that's exactly what the amazing team did from the moment I stepped off the seaplane. It's no surprise the Maldives are gorgeous, so that's a given. The real differentiator with this property is the staff. I have stayed at all over the world at some wonderful hotels, but I've never come across a staff that was not only attentive 24 hours a day, but incredibly personable, humorous and kind. They made all the difference between staying here and anywhere else.

The room, of course, was amazing - oversized but not too big, always clean and taken care of multiple times throughout the day. The personal plunge pool is what initially sold me on staying here, and I can't say enough how amazing that room amenity is, especially on an island filled with a lot of couples on their honeymoons more concerned with each other than socializing (which was fine by me!).

Jing, the higher end restaurant, was fantastic, and the bartender made a mean Manhattan (as well as the other bar). And the buffet was surprisingly fantastic (usually hotels and buffets aren't a great combination). Meeru (the beach grill) was good (not mindblowing, but good), and the special Friday night BBQ was expensive, but, in my opinion, 100% worth the extra spend.

I really don't have any substantive complaints about the hotel. The only reason not to book here is if you're looking for a fast-paced, socially-driven experience. If that's the case, might I recommend Cabo.

Room Tip: They're all pretty fantastic. I stayed in a water villa, so I have no comments on the rooms actually on the island, but they all looked pretty fantastic. It would probably be best to avoid a room that faces the island beach/pool if you're looking for complete privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Sending tropical from Halaveli greetings to you in New York!

Our staff were absolutely elated to hear you speak of them so fondly. It is always our goal here at Constance Halaveli to exceed guest expectations and we are delighted we accomplished that with you.

I have passed along your warm comments about our bartenders to them and they were thrilled to hear you enjoyed their Manhattans.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants. As for your comments about Meeru, I am happy to announce that we will be completely renovating Meeru this summer so that when you return, it will be mind-blowing!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you to Constance Halaveli shortly!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

(Honestly, tripadvisor should have a special button to show extreme love for a place!)

Halaveli was first choice for our very first trip to the Maldives. Why? It has everything you'll ever need to discover the Maldives (and more!).

We made our reservations through Atoll Paradise and they provided excellent service and advice (thanks, Myra!). Their ground staff were friendly and helpful.

OK, a small note before I go any further... I'm trying very hard not to repeat what has already been said about the resort ... but don't get mad if I repeat what has been said... everything is just fantastic!

Room (Water Villa) - Wow! Nice doesn't even cover what I have to say about the room. Loved the pool and the sea. It was late May, so the sea was a bit choppy in the late afternoon, but mornings ~ wow! The sea was shallow and you can really enjoy waddling around. (Be warned: there are a lot of small rocks, dead corals, so you may accidentally cut yourself!) Everything The iMac system was a nice addition. Loved the bathtub, spent some late evenings soaking up the views. Oh, always wanted to swim under the moonlight!

I think if you were going with kids, the beach villas look nice and you'd have your own patch of the beach. But no regrets for choosing the water villa!

Dining - We were on B&B, so the buffet breakfast was wonderful... but it does get a bit 'common' after the 3rd day. Thank goodness the chefs threw in some small changes. We tried Meeru, Jing and in-room dining. Personally, I liked the in-room dining option! The food was nice, and rather reasonable compared to Meeru and Jing. Of course Jing had the advantage of the beautiful sunset!

Activities - we didn't go for any of the excursions. We were just there for some R&R... so, it was pool, sea, beach. What a wonderful life! :)

Location - approximately 20 minutes from Male, and the Island was just nice for a good walk in the evening. The beach was clean and nice. Sand is white and powdery smooth! But, do expect to see small pieces of dead corals around. You'll see the cleaners working hard to clean up debris early in the morning. Two thumbs up for the island!

Service - service was overall very good. Friendly and rather approachable. Hassan at Meeru was fantastic. Our host, Kudey, I think, worked hard to make sure our room was clean and nice.

Spa - Wow! It was really really really nice! :) We had the 90mins massage for 'his and her' and think we should have gone for a few more sessions! Saw 'dory' and other fishes while looking through the glass floor during the massage.

So...If this is your first trip to Maldives, you will not go wrong with Halaveli! I'm sure those who are more experienced may cite other places, but for the price, and the room that you're getting, plus all the other great stuff, well, it's a no-brainer for me!

One thing's for sure... we will be going back to Halaveli.

Room Tip: As mentioned by others, the odd numbers would be good. Just make sure it's room 53 and beyond for maximum privacy.