Lochsa Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Powell
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Hamilton)
  • Restaurant
Deffy's Motel(Hamilton)
Motel 6(Hamilton)
View Hotel
All reviewslewis and clarkhot springsdvd playerrustic cabinwood stoveget away from it allthe rivermenu optionsstayed for nightsfire pitwi fibear hunteach morningomeletranger stationblackberry cobblerlolo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

For most visitors, the strengths of the Lochsa Lodge situated nicely between Lowell ID and Missoula MT might include the fishing, its quiet, the rustic (but fully electric) cabins, the spacious main lodge, and its location just west of Lolo Pass. For a bicycle tourist, add to those a friendly welcome after a long climb.

On two visits, one westbound the the second eastbound, I've found the staff to be completely supportive of my uncertain arrival dates. We kept in touch by phone or email and they found me space. I really appreciate that consideration.

The cabins are big enough to bring in a two-wheeler. For my trike, it was easier to bring in the panniers, fold it, and cable it to the porch railing where the overhang protected it from the dew.

The cabins are comfortable, the lodge is welcoming, and the menu diverse. I generally have the simpler fare and have been satisfied with dinner and breakfast on both visits. I particularly appreciate the sack lunch they also have prepared.

The grounds also include a gas station and convenience store, and I've also seen tent camping bicyclists, but have no personal knowledge of those arrangements.

All in all an excellent destination and a life saver for a human-powered tourist. The Lochsa Lodge is a treasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed in rustic cabin that was quite spacious as it was the last rustic they had available. Very cozy & rustic, but it did have electricity! For people used to tent camping this was luxury. The staff were more than friendly & we ate most our meals at the main lodge. Food was pretty good, but not what I would call exceptional.
The communal shower/restroom was further away than their website showed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were able to stay here over the Labor Day weekend on our motorcycle ride over Hwy.12 (Lolo Pass). We were impressed by the somewhat remote setting that offered such lovely surroundings. We stayed in one of their freestanding cabins. It was clean and comfortable and of high quality log construction. Although there were other folks nearby talking outside their cabins with the occasional snippets of laughter we only heard these sounds while making trips out to get something from the motorcycle- inside the cabin it was quiet . Do not expect cell phone service to be available. The in room TV offered a DVD player.The restaurant was also just as nice- good service, good food and beautiful view from the deck. There was WiFi available while in the restaurant. We are looking forward to our next trip. Make your reservations well in advance- we were only able to stay here because someone else had cancelled.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gertie467
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been visiting Lochsa Lodge annually since 1990. Missed one year due to Hurricane Ivan in Pensacola. and this year ; medical reasons. The Denton family & staff have made me and my wife and friends feel at home. We've stayed in most of the cabins and have found them clean and comfortable. The food has been great and service excellent. If you are a flyfisher the Lochsa River "cutts' are fun and hungry;, up to 18" only a short walk from the Lodge. Many pull outs along hwy 12.. (Ask Don or Mike) Great hiking up White Sands Creek; some fish, too..We took a pack trip to Lone Lakes one year that was fantastic. Much to see both ways on Hwy 12. Read a little Lewis and Clark history before you go. They went through this area. This is probably my favorite vacation spot. I'd move here, but I don't llke snow. Tom Birdwell, MD

Room Tip: Cabin 2A or 2B or 14, more secluded, but they fill up fast so book ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thefishingdoc
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Lochsa Lodge is an excluded getaway. I loved Lochsa Lodge!! It's my style of travel. If you like woodsy atmosphere, cabins, and a rustic feel this is for you. If you're going to miss your wi-fi, cell service, or city activities you will hate it. My brother was bored to death without any towns or activities nearby and without cell service or any worthwhile wifi. I loved the fact that I was kind of cut off from the world. It was a nice getaway with beautiful views, great food, friendly people, and cute cabins. My favorite was if you go behind the staff trailers, you can find part of the Louis and Clark trails that are easy enough to run. I was disappointed in the lack of beer and menu options especially since the hotel restaurant is about the only place you can go, but the staff was extremely friendly and they do their best to accommodate.

Room Tip: The rooms without running water are the best deal. Ours were only like 65 for for beds I think. There's a central shower room that is kept very clean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends