“Nice food - service a little slow.”

Global Thai Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 50 Restaurants in Whakatane
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Nice food - service a little slow.”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Have been here a couple of times - occassionally felt that we were an inconvenience and service very slow but meals were lovely.

“Could do much better”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Eatbhere fairly regularly more because of the location and proximity than for any quality on offer. The food is ok. It's not bad. It's certainly not excellent. Staff attentive and helpful, but not fast.

Sydney, Australia
“Terrible Service!”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We ate at this place on a Monday night and a man took us to our table right next another couple, which surprised us as there was many other tables he could have sat us at. It took him another 20mins to come and take our drink orders then another 15mins to take our food order. I have to say the food was good, however I had to ask the waiter if I could have another drink because at no time did they offer me another drink or check if the meal was ok.

But what shocked me the most was the couple who sat next to us, they ordered their starters and mains about the same time as us yet they did not receive their starters at all but instead they brought out their mains (after a long wait). The couple asked where their starters were and man went to check, he came back and said that the order must have been given to another table or got lost in the system. At no point did he apologise or offer them a complimentry drink or dessert. Instead he said "Oh well, you won't have to pay for them". What an idiot, I would not waste my time at this place if I was you. They need some real lessons on customer service.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank howiec1984
Dublin, Ireland
“Friendly staff but poor food”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I ate here on a quiet Thursday night, I was nervous walking in due to the cheap perfume smell and Boyzone blasting out on the stereo(!) but was put at ease by the very friendly welcome. Unfortunately the food was pretty poor, I had fish cakes that were served very greasy and the kiwi fruit duck which was very over-done and served with a single slice of kiwi and a dribble of the highly recommended rasberry sauce.
Very disappointing.

UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed December 24, 2009

We were recommended this restaurant as a good place to get veggie options. The restaurant has a nice setting on the first floor of a large and relatively characterful building in the town centre. The food options were great - most of the Thai menu can be ordered with lamb, beef, chicken or tofu. The service was very attentive and the owners were happy to chat with us for some time. The highlight of the evening was that after having had a few beers with our meal the owner gave us a lift back to our hotel in the Tuk Tuk!