“Great chicken tikka masala”
Review of Indian Aroma - CLOSED

Indian Aroma
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Ohope, New Zealand
“Great chicken tikka masala”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I love their Chicken Tikka Masala. Not the best I've tasted in the world but very very good. Service is fair to very pleasant. There is an awesome view of the Heads, Whale Island and the statue of Princess Wairaka. Quite pricey but so far, so good as I've ordered Indian Takeaways here countless times. Good fair portions. Most of the dishes I've tasted we're very good, some of them can be a bit better. Yes, the place can use with some renovation or redecorating. But the view outside is simply spectacular. And heaps of parking space is available. I'd recommend this place to those who are keen on Indian cuisine. Namaste.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank TES983

Brisbane, Australia
“Didn't Enjoy the Food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I ordered based on other reviews and used the online facility which included paying by visa. When I went to collect the food it wasn't prepared as the staff found the order confusing and also couldn't see that it had been paid. One staff member didnt know how the online payment worked. The order was two meals and one serve of bread straight off the menu. I had to then wait for it to be cooked and pay accepting their claim that I hadn't. They did say that I could come back for a cash refund if it turned out I had been paid. I have just received an email from indian aroma stating that my card has been charged for the online order.

The two entirely different meals were prepared with the identical tasteless sauce. The main content, koftas in one and fish in the other we're equally tasteless. There was absolutely nothing else in either meal and most had to be thrown out. I love Indian food and eat it regularly however this is easily the worst I have ever eaten.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank RonP56
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Beautiful veiws with good food”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This place has beautiful views of the sea and I can not understand why more people don't go there the food is so nice the staff are very pleasant, we go sometimes for lunch

Visited August 2012
whakatane
“great meal at reasonable price”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

for a great indian meal at a reasonable price and a very welcoming staff this venue
can be highly recommended.
on a summer evening you can watch tourist boats and the locals fishing boats returning over the bar to their moorings.
for a great sea view up the coast & out to whale island this is hard to beat.
the drive to the restaurant passes some major slips of an escarpment which almost buried a house & block of appartments & did actually bury a digger being used to dig out the fall.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank michael w
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Great views over the bar and Whale Island”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great meal for a reasonable price. The food was well presented and was served hot. Will come again.

Visited September 2011