“Pub grub, abit fancier”

The Office Bar and Grill
Ranked #33 of 50 Restaurants in Whakatane
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Office Bar & Grill offers you a great vibe and delicious food.Come along and soak up the atmosphere in the bar, and enjoy great quality food prepared by our experienced kitchen staff.A perfect place to meet your friends, start your day/evening out or linger over a meal matched with a great range of top brand ales and a fine selection of wines.Experience the vibe, variety and vibrancy at The Office, where we have live entertainment, karaoke, gaming machines and T.A.B. We are open every day from 10am till late, so join us to enjoy our relaxed, fun and enjoyable spot for a drink, hearty meals which include starters, light meals, mains and pizzas, and good times.We do private functions and birthday deals – plus any of our meals are available to take home.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I dined here with a friend on a budget who wanted a burger and chips with somewhere ok to sit. I preferred abit more of a restaurant but due to their budget this was going to have to do. Very casual style pub/gaming setting. Outside looks fancy but inside is just your normal pub. Seating wasn't the greatest. Leaky roof with buckets by fireplace (wasn't going) and draft so we moved to the gaming side with table and stools. I was thinking this was going to be a disaster and waste of money, but was surprised with the outcome. Food was very good pub meal food for value. I had a Chicken avocado salad with crispy noodles and my friend had the chicken, avocado cranberry pizza which was better than mine! I didn't get any avocado in my salad but did have plenty of other veges. They also bought out the meals about 10mins apart but that was because of paper error with the order and the chef didn't see my order. They apologised and quickly bought mine out. Overall happy with the meal and was better than going to McDonald's etc.
If i was wanting a cheap nice meal with casual setting I would defiantly come back.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Amazing food here, loved the atmosphere and the people were friendly and efficient. Next time I visit NZ I will definitely make an effort to come here again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We liked the casual atmosphere and the friendly staff! The chicken curry and carbonara were tasty! The restaurant was located in mid city center.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you expect white table cloths, a sophisticated wine list and fine dining then you are in the wrong place. Bistro tables bar stools and tables on one side as well as pokies and a TAB on the other side of the premises clearly indicate that this is a bar/pub. However if you expect a bar with honest and good quality pub food with friendly and attentive staff then this is the place to go. The steak was excellent!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited early evening, and were given a lovely welcome. We were spoiled with the choice of meals & drinks. It is a large pub, one that you can imagine being very popular at weekends and at peak holiday season. The kitchen is next to the bar and we were able to meet and see the chef at work. We were very happy with the meals and time spent here.