“Refreshing to find a wonderful tour”

Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Coromandel
More attraction details
Owner description: Coromandel Adventures travels to the most spectacular places the Coromandel has to offer including Cathedral Cove, Hot Water Beach, and the Northern Coromandel.Our unique full and half day tours cater for everyone. Choose your own adventures from the options available on each tour.As agents and managers of the Auckland to Coromandel ferry service operated by 360 Discovery we can customize your itinerary and combine a ferry trip with our transport and tour options.
Barrie, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Refreshing to find a wonderful tour”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We toured Coromandel on Feb 23, 2014 saw so many neat things and learned so much from the leader, the owner!

A must tour if you ate in the area

Colin
Canada

Austin, Texas
“Coromandel Adventures made my trip a true adventure”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I arrived in Coromandel by way of the Auckland ferry. I met Sarni and before I knew it, I was on a northern coastal tramp in a light drizzle. By the end of the tour, I had on dry clothes (thanks to Willie) and a series of photos of the most amazing sunset I've ever seen. I had a true adventure, learned about the Maori culture, and got to soak in a natural spa on hot water beach. These folks took care of me and created an unforgettable experience on the peninsula.

Auckland, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Coromandel”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you come to Coromandel by ferry Coromandel Adventures will provide the complimentary 20 minute shuttle service from Hannaford’s Wharf to Coromandel Town. They provide tours and transport around the Coromandel region. Coromandel town is a perfect gateway to explore the Coromandel Peninsula. If you do not have a car, you are very limited to what you can do, so the service provided by Sarni and the crew at Coromandel Adventures is an excellent way of getting you to all the attractions around Coromandel.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Service!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

"The team of "Coromandel Adventures" showed us (a family of five) the wonderful Coromandel Peninsula and gave our New Zealand/Australia holiday a perfect start. They were very friendly, patient and supportive (even organising our luggage). We loved every minute and will come back.

Visited December 2013
Sarni H, Owner at Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your trip to Coromandel. I have shared your comments with the Coromandel Adventure team.... we remember your family well and are very happy to have helped get your family holiday off to a good start! Looking forward to seeing you back!
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Did not deliver on all fronts”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I chose the afternoon tour where we stopped off at points along the peninsula to take pictures. One of the key points for me was to take some pictures of the sunset which was stunning! Alas Willy the driver missed sunset!!! How i not know and instead of stopping any any decent location to capture this he was fixated on driving to the location he knows. In sun overall decent tour however, the massive fail on the drivers part to stop for sunset (with no real apologies) is a big failure for me hence rating of 2.

The Northern Escape is a spectacular 6 hour tour up to the remote tip of the Coromandel Peninsula. The dramatic coastal views and remote scenery are appreciated by clients on our tours and are a delight for photographers.
We do our best to make the most of conditions on the day - we showcase nature but are unable to control it and do not apologise for it. The guide was at the best viewing point 8 minutes before sunset but unfortunately on this occasion although there was some beautiful light early in the evening the sunset was extinguished by a thick band of low cloud on the horizon - the possibility of which was explained several times.
We hope you appreciated the many other photographic opportunities provided throughout the trip.