“Very helpful but were left behind...”

Coromandel Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 Tours in Coromandel
More attraction details
Owner description: Coromandel Adventures travels to the most spectacular places the Coromandel has to offer including Cathedral Cove, Hot Water Beach, and the Northern Coromandel.Our unique full and half day tours cater for everyone. Choose your own adventures from the options available on each tour.As agents and managers of the Auckland to Coromandel ferry service operated by 360 Discovery we can customize your itinerary and combine a ferry trip with our transport and tour options.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very helpful but were left behind...”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked Coromandel Adventures for transfers in and around Hot Water Beach and Coromandel and they were very good, on time and helpful when booking, especially patient with the changes I made before we arrived. However we were left behind by Willie in Coromandel after he forgot about us and we almost missed the ferry back to Auckland. It left quite a bad impression but overall, I recommend their service...I guess these things happen!

Auckland, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent experiences, quality people!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We (myself, my husband and our two-year-old son) just got back from an amazing holiday in Coromandel and it was made so special by the lovely people at Coromandel Adventures.
From the moment I rang them, Sarni made everything so easy. She answered all my questions, namely which trips would be suitable for our son, and she even ensured there was a car seat for him for every trip - much appreciated.
We made one trip to Whangapoua Beach which was beautiful and well worth it.
Then another day Willie took us out to The Waterworks, then picked us up and took us for a walk at the Kauri Grove. Willie was great with our son and also imparted so much local knowledge. He explained all about Kauri and was all in all an excellent guide.
On the way back to Coro Willie also took us to see Stuart and his wild pigs which was just incredible.
Coromandel Adventures also run the shuttle bus to and from the 360 Ferry, and you can book tickets for the ferry through them.
Thank you Sarni and Willie!
Highly recommended!

Visited January 2013
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Coromandel Beach Explorer Tour”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had a wonderful time on the Beach Explorer Tour. I spent a month travelling around New Zealand and this was my favourite day. In my opinion, the Coromandel Peninsula is the most beautiful part of New Zealand, and I would definately recommend travellers visit the area! I had seen in magazines how amazing Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach look, and knew that when I went to NZ, that I just had to see these things. But, without a car, I didn't know whether I could get to these places. Coromandel Adventure Tours made this all possible. I caught the 360 Ferry from Auckland in the morning, and Coromandel Adventure Tours picked me up from the Ferry wharf (in Coromandel Town). We then enjoyed a beautifully scenic drive to Whitianga, then I went sea kayaking at Cathedral Cove (this was also fantastic). We then drove over to Hot Water Beach and enjoyed lazing about in the Hot Water pools for a couple of hours before our drive back to Coromandel Town via Whitianga. It was a fantastic day. The team at Coromandel Adventures are very kind and helpful, and go out of their way to make sure you have a fantastic trip.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Katrina926
South Lake Tahoe, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Coromandel N.Z”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

If visting NZ you have to vist the cormandel beaches coastline is stunning.It is very laid back and to us kiwis the Mandel is a well knowen spot for taking a relaxing laid back hoilday.There is something for everyone from hiking,to fishing,the many sites and attractions and beautiful Fauna is all picture perfect.The folks in the Mandel are so friendly and will leave you wanting to come back as I have many times.The trips are awesome and for a first time vist something you should consider doing.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank LynHammon
Tauranga
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Northern Adventures”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great day tour to the top of Coromandel Peninsula with excellent guide & driver, Sarni Hart. This is the only stress-free way to view the stunning scenery whilst being informed about local history and folklore. Plenty of stops along the way to take pics and stretch the legs and there's a nice cuppa at Fletcher Bay.

Visited March 2012