“Driving Creek Cafe”

Driving Creek Cafe
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Coromandel
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Driving Creek Cafe is one of the best kept secrets of Coromandel Town - a warm and homely vegetarian cafe with a magical ambiance that may just keep you there enjoying the fine coffee or teas and delicious home made meals and cakes for much longer than you originally intended. Unless of course you're on a train, in which case we will prepare your order with much speed and gusto! You will also find fresh pressed juices, fresh fruit smoothies, and incredible homemade Chai whose recipe was procured after years of dedicated service to a Master Artisan. The Driving Creek Cafe has organic loose-leaf teas and great LaLa organic coffee. Enjoy our freshly baked gourmet cakes and scones, falafel burgers, breakfasts and a great range of toasted sandwiches, tasty beaches and salads. For keeping in contact we do have great unlimited free Wi-Fi. Allow yourself enough time to check out the collection of Mick the Plumber's stunning puzzle boxes showcasing Coromandel's unique tolerance for what may be considered art or drop in for one of our live rants. Discover the peace of our garden with a sandpit and playhouse for the children or put your feet up on the wide sun-drenched deck. Get ready for a treat. We look forward to serving you!
Whitianga, Waikato, New Zealand
“Driving Creek Cafe”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This cafe has beautiful garden surroundings and shade - it's the perfect place to visit after or before the railway. They provide a good range of wholesome organic, fairtrade and vegetarian food.

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Wellington
“A place to relax and feel healthy”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This cafe has to be one of my favourite in NZ. The surroundings are beautiful, particularly in summer when the Jacaranda is in flower. There is a play area for children with a sandpit and toys. The food is mostly vegetarian and organic and is always beautifully presented and delicious. The coffee is excellent.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Great for some - average for me.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'll qualify this review by saying I'm writing just from my perspective.

Great location, nice comfortable cafe with shaded outdoor seating. The staff were reasonable although they weren't very interactive.

If you are a vegetarian this is the place to be. There were a couple of meat choices, but it was very limited. Unfortunately I am not a vegetarian and I found there wasn't much for me.

I wouldn't suggest that the cafe should change there selection, because it's clear that they are going for a "crunchy" feel, but they need to be prepared for the fact some of their patrons won't find it ideal.

• Visited January 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Tasty food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food was very good but the music was terrible! It was something I should have mentioned there but was too shy to do so.

Visited January 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliantly different”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Recommended to us by the good folk at Hush boutique accomodation. Great coffee, fantastic service and awesome music playing. My wife had cake and I had some wedges with our coffees- definately try the wedges!

Visited December 2012