All in all this was a GREAT trip. The local staff in St Lucia are VERY friendly and warm.
This starts from the minute you walk into the resort when they greet you with a smile, and hand you a glass of champagne will you check in.
The rooms are clean, and fair in size. The food is also fairly tasty, and about what you would expect for an all inclusive 4 star resort. The asian restaurant is pretty good, and the italian restaurant is fair.
The nightly entertainment is excellent as well. They provide different themed nights throughout the week, and the local entertainers are great!
I would say they are under appreciated as this is more of a resort for older couples ( 40+) and families so it gets a bit quite at night, even though the entertainers are solid.
Only cons were being on the atlantic side vs the Caribbean sea side the water is rougher, and the wind is much stronger. At the same time the wind makes it so it doesn't feel boiling hot while you are sitting by the water even though you are still getting a great tan.
Another tiny con for some people may be that the resort is literally 1 minute from the airport and as a result you watch and hear all flights come on and off the island. Personally it didn't bother me since it only seemed that about 4 or 5 flights a day came in and out of the island.
If you are single or a group of single people I would reccomend staying somewhere else as you will have more fun, and meet more singles at other resorts as stated above this is more of a couples and family dominated resort.
Overall a GREAT experience, for a 4 star I would say it's as good as it gets. I would rate it a 9/10 and HIGHLY reccomend this resort for couples, and families. St Lucia doesn't lie when they boast their island as a romance paradise, as it definitely is, and makes it a great place to visit with your loved one.
Special thanks to Small J and Loan as they are A+ staff, and made our stay extremely enjoyable and we hope to see the entire Coconut Bay team again the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 8 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort