Let me preface this review by saying that we follow the Trip Advisor reviews very closely - and did prior to booking at Coconut Bay. We have traveled to Cayo Coco, Bahamas, and Punta Cana before. This was our first trip to St. Lucia.
In terms of the location I loved that it was literally 2 minutes from the airport. It was fantastic. We would see maybe 4 planes a day pass overhead - only on take off - but it was great for the kids! They were all in awe hearing the plane go overhead and looking up.
I thought the beach was great! It's not a typical Caribean Sea beach but is unspoiled, the water is warmer than the pool and you can walk for a few miles. Yes there is seaweed - but it's JUST seaweed!!! The ocean was never too rough that you couldn't swim in it - there are no other hotels near by, no beach vendors, just nice and peaceful.
My biggest complaint about the resort was that it was dirty. The pool was not cleaned every morning, the sand would build up on the bottom. One morning we went down to the pool and there was a half eaten pork chop under my lounge chair....2 nights of the week they do dinner outside around the pool and it wasn't even a morning after one of those dinners, so no idea where that came from. All the tile could use a good scrub or power wash....Our room (on the Splash side) was nice, but dated. Our old 21" tv didn't have colour which was more concerning for our 3 year old. lol.
We were only to have our room cleaned twice during the week. We were in room #301 which is the first room on the 3rd level - the last room the maid cleans. We would come up to the room at 3pm so our son could have a rest before dinner and she'd still be 3 rooms away. I went down to the front desk to ask if she could come before 2:30pm. They said "No problem" ...The next morning she was there at 9:30am, then back to after 4pm the following day.
The food was good - for me probably one of the highlights. We ate all our lunches at the grill or the outdoor barbecue which were both great. The Italian was good, and the buffets were great too. There was a ton of variety and something for everyone.
The staff was good, not overly personable, but nice all the same. The worst staff I found at the front desk. definitely didn't want to go the extra mile to help out....
One of my other major complaints is that this resort is really under staffed. On our second day we went to the pool bar and had to wait at least 1/2 hour for a drink every time we went up. It was a nightmare. They had 2 people working when they should have had 4. Our first buffet breakfast nobody even came around with coffee. We asked twice and still, nobody.
Our son didn't want to go to the kids club, but I heard great things about it! the kids that went got a free t-shirt, hat, water bottle and bag. So worthwhile for your child to go even for 1/2 hour.
It's a good resort for kids because of the zero entry pool, and water slides. Our son loved having cotton candy everyday!!!
We are very laid back, and it really takes quite a bit to bother us. We had a good trip, the island is beautiful, and will definitely return to St. Lucia, but not to Coconut Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort