We had two families with a total of 4 teenage boys that had a blast! We went over the week of spring break. The weather was perfect! The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport, but the planes are not an issue while at the resort. The food was fab! We have stayed at all inclusives in the Domincan Rep, Mexico, and Jamaica, but this one by far had the best food and drinks! The frozen drinks are made by hand (not poured from a machine) and the beer is Piton (which is a local beer and is pretty good). Big Ted in the lobby bar is the best! He kept our "Bubba Kegs" full at all times. Tips are appreciated but not expected like at other all inclusives! The teenage boys loved the slides and lazy river! The resort gives you 2 free rounds of paintball for every room, and our boys loved it! We had 3 rooms on the first floor on the splash side, 2 of which were adjoining, which made things a lot more comfortable, for the rooms are not overly big. They had 2 queen beds in each (which were a little hard and the pillows were a little small) and a small rattan love seat and chair. The TV had lots of american channels. The bathroom was a little interesting...the shower curtain didn't quite cover the shower, which always led to a bathroom flood and there is not an air conditioning vent in it, just a window. The air conditioning was okay, but didn't get the room cold, just cooled it off enough to not be hot. We were only in the rooms at night, so this wasn't a big deal. We did the zip line, which was fun, but hot. I'm afraid of heights, but did all 11 lines and survived it! We also took a taxi to the town of Soufriere and went snorkeling in Jalousie, which was beautiful. (It was exactly like a cove we went to in Hawaii). You rent the snorkel equipment at the beach for $11 and hour. We saw all kinds of fish, and even saw 2 squid that we scared and they inked us! We took a cab into the town of Vieux Fort to a t-shirt shop where you can get some St Lucia shirts for $8 and to a Grocery store for bottled water (the resort sells it, but expensive, although their tap water is fine to drink, I just like bottled water) and sunscreen. The beach is a little rough, but fine to dip in. There is some sea grass, but not a huge issue. The pools were great! They are clean and not crowed at all. There is a hot tub that is big and hot! My oldest (17 years old) said that this was his all time favorite vacation, and he loved it, and believe me, he never says anything nice!
Suggestions: If you are a beer drinker, bring a Bubba keg (it will keep you from having to keep going to the bar). Also, make sure to bring a converter for the outlets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort