“Another amazing stay at C-Bay!”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Another amazing stay at C-Bay!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just returned from our 4th visit to C-Bay, and it was just as brilliant as all previous stays there! The improvements to the buffet restaurant downstairs were great - much easier to get around, very spacious and the food was, as always, superb. My daughter needs a gluten-free diet and was catered for individually, and to a very high standard!

All the staff are friendly and nothing was too much trouble! Particular thanks to Denny in the Capri restaurant, who really went "above and beyond" for us!! Others who deserve a special mention are definitely Evan and Jimmy, and of course the lovely Vernon, who's aqua fitness left us exhausted but smiling! The entertainment was as always of a very high standard. Without exception, all the staff are what make this hotel, as they are all friendly, helpful, efficient and hard-working.

If I had to be really picky, I'd say there wasn't really much choice in the restaurants for vegetarians, although there seemed to be plenty in the buffet, but otherwise the food was amazing!

Looking forward to trip number 5, and seeing how the hotel evolves!

Room Tip: We had a garden room on the Harmony side.
3 Thank coopersclj
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Cooper 4 time returning guests - we appreciate our returning guests very much. We are thrilled you like the renovations and changes to the resort...we continue to make the improvements our guests suggest and especially the input from returning guests like yourself. Thanks for your review I was getting it from above and below there for a minute!!
Can't wait for you to see the next round of renovations on your return

Cheers and Stay Warm

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,682)
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited Coconut Bay Resort and Spa in January 2014. We found the rooms to be clean and adequate however they were a little tired looking. The food was good and varied. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The water park rides on the resort are in need a lot of maintenance and our children could not use them. They were very battered from the wind and sea. I would not recommend this resort if you have very energetic and active children.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Caroline G
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Caroline, thank you for posting your review on your stay at Coconut Bay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the staff and the food during your holiday, the team works very hard to ensure all of out guests have a great time.

I am very concerned with your comments that the water slides need "a lot of maintenance" this statement could be viewed as the slides are unsafe and children can not use them. I am incredibly disappointed with this insinuation. Coconut Bay hosts up to 650 guests every week who utilize the entire waterpark, slides and lazy river. We have not had a single complaint or accident with these amenities. In fact they are inspected regularly and we pass with full marks each time. We treat the Health and Safety of our guests like they were our own family. This area has all been freshly painted in the last two months, the entire walkway railings are brand new this past month. I cannot begin to imagine where this statement comes from.

We can assure all of our valued past and future guests that we provide the safest most enjoyable waterpark. We welcome everyone to browse the hundreds and hundreds of positive comments in this regard

Cheers
Mark
Warwick
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just had a week at Coconut Bay - the whole stay was perfect. The staff were always smiling, always spoke and would do anything for anyone. If you could take the whole staff to England and open a hotel, it would be a sure fire winner!
Hotel itself is better than advertised, rooms bigger and the pool complex is great including the water park. The beach is much better than the pictures in the brochure. So great to have the beach next to the complex. Despite having a high occupancy there were always sun beds, no queues for food etc. Buffet food was so good didn't get around to trying the 3 a la carte restaurants
Managed to hire a car for a day...just...cars are in very short supply in high season so book ahead.
Beautiful island, beautiful people and a truly wonderful hotel

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the 4 th floor rooms - great view
5 Thank weatherheads
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have just returned from a 12 night stay here, having travelled with my husband and 8 year old daughter. We all had a wonderful holiday. The staff are cheerful and smiley, thank you Kay at the pool bar for my mud slides! The girls in the kids club are very good, nothing was too much trouble, they even have some evening activities so that the adults can have a meal for 2. I felt confident that my daughter was having a ball and being well looked after. The food in the restaurants is excellent, we have never eaten so well and so much! I loved the nights when dinner was served outside, so nice to be out in the warm air and a great atmosphere. How they manage to supply so much food to suit everyone's taste and to such a high standard I don't know. We swam in the sea which was a surprise as there have been negative comments about the beach. I took a book and sat on the sand, I felt like I was in paradise! Maryanne ( sorry if I have misspelt your name) cleaned our room, she was so helpful with everything.
I think that what the hotel is trying to achieve, pleasing couples and families, is a very difficult job and they work extremely hard to please everyone.
If I had to be super critical, I would say that more sun beds in the shade would be appreciated and our room on the ground floor of the splash side was a little tired.

There is nothing at all that would stop me from returning here, we will start saving!

5 Thank F42Anna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have just had a wonderful, albeit too short, stay in this amazing hotel. What sets it apart from other all-inclusive Caribbean resorts are the staff. Without exception they were friendly, efficient, hard-working and just smiling all the time - each one, in particular Emeley and Linetta on Reception and Linus at WaterSports, treated us as though we were the most important guests in the whole hotel. We also met the General Manager who made us feel most welcome. We took our 15-year old son and there wasn't a great deal for his age group to do but apparently the hotel is looking to rectify this shortly. However, we all enjoyed the sea and the pools, including the Lazy River and the slides. The variety of food each mealtime was very impressive and we all ate far more than we should have done!! Although it is on the Atlantic side of the island so the sea is rougher, it was a distinct pleasure to be sitting in the taxi for a mere five minutes from airport to hotel instead of an hour and a half in order to get to the hotels on the other side of the island. All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

5 Thank MaB288
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just got back from a 2 week stay at coconut bay & let me tell you what a stay, 1st of all we met the lovely Eric who welcomed us with a lovely rum punch, then we checked in at reception (10min) Eric then took our bags to our room we changed ASAP & headed straight to the lazy river WOW what a way to chill out, joined kids up to cocoland (kids club) where they get a rucksack with a t.shirt, cap, & water bottle all for joining up & I must say that the girls Sarah, Nasha, Anya, zina, Mia do an AMAZING job, my 10 year old was in there all the time & a BIG thank you to Sarah who organised a surprise party for my 9 & 7 year old the look on their faces was priceless, thank you guys, the bar staff- da joker, Dillon, wade, Dwayne t.c, Kayla, Wayne, skeete, Mitch, Kay, jimmy u made my holiday always laughing & joking never a dull moment with you all, ritney from entertainment team u make that team what it is, even the pool guys, withers/waitresses all stop to say hello, big thank you to virginia who done great job cleaning our room every morning, the food was also fab I am a very fussy eater & always found s.thing to eat in the 4 resteraunts & bar grill, we had a bit of an issue with our room but within an hour we got upgraded to the 3rd floor( thank you ed for sorting that out) we also won the romantic turn down for our last 3 nights which was lovely & we won the raffle at the managers cocktail party with lots of lovely goodies. The only downside to this holiday is that we had to come home (I actually cried) see you soon cbayresort.x

Room Tip: Upper floors have a better ocean view.
6 Thank lol197611
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

So much to write about coconut bay.

The staff.
All members of staff and I mean all staff are friendly and courteous..our maid Virginia was very friendly and always left our rooms clean and tidy with towel arrangements with flowers and a little note wishing us a great time.

The bar staff.
The bar staff are awesome always happy, singing and dancing to cheer all holiday makers up..I wish I could name them all as their all fab, Da joker, Jimmy, Mitch, TC, corry, wade, dillan, dwane..p's da joker ya man Evan is missing you already..lol.

KIDZ club.
a massive thumbs up from us, they go that extra mile to make it even more special for the kids.
My daughter and my son had birthdays whilst were we away, Sarah pushed the boat out so my kids had double birthday bash in the club, Mia and the gang always make sure the kids are laughing and enjoying it..and they do it every day and they give the parents a few hours to enjoy themselves too.. Keep it up girls.

The food.
We where very happy with the food, all sorts to eat. The buffet area offers a varied choice of food from stir fry, pasta, fajitas, beef dinners and even more and with 3 themed restaurants to choose from you'll always be spoilt for choice..cabalash was our favourite.

The resort.
With a adult and family side you will get what type of holiday you want! The whole complex is very well kept by the gardeners and the pool attendants..we mainly stayed in the splash as we loved the water slides and the lazy river.

The entertainment.
They do a few themed nights which take place outside only once in 2 weeks did the rain tried to spoil it but even then ritney and the gang just carried and got everyone to get involved so it didn't dampen the evening. With daily activities like beach volleyball, pool volleyball, cricket and football. The entertainment staff are always aiming to make you have some fun during the day.

Roll on 2014..

Room Tip: Closest to the main building
4 Thank mrwilson74
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 12 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,076 reviews

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!