Check-In: Was very was very quick. Greeted with a glass of Champagne (cheap stuff lol). They took from the taxi and took them up to our rooms. We were told where everything was and everything was fast.
Room: The first room we were allocated was on the north block on the 2nd floor and number 330. This room was very damp but very clean and decorated. But the sheets were damp the floor was slippery and our clothes got damp. After that evening meal there was no change so we told reception and the manager moved us that night onto the 1st floor room 232. Which was lovely, apart from that no other worrys.
Resturants: There is 1 main buffet resturant which serves breakfast lunch & dinner. Then theres the 2 a la carte resturants which we didnt go to so cannot really comment. Also there was a snack bar open till 1am in the morning. Buffet food was good with plenty of fresh fruit & salad. And there was always different selection. Theres also a kids corner with a lower table for them to help them selves to childs selections, which the adults always tended to go and clear it out so there was none left for the kids. As soon as your seated your asked if you want a drink from the bar which takes about 5 minutes 2 arrive. Also theres to theme nights on a Tuesday night its Pirates night which is excellent fun where everyone sits in the lobby for dinner. Also on a Satuday its Carribeian night which is excellent.
Pools: Theres is 4 pools but one is for adults only. Theres a swim-up bar which is very handy. Also theres a hot Jacuzzi & a lazy river with rubber rings just to relax and let it take you around. If you fancy a bit of fun theres 2 slides which are fun but very exhausting to keep running up and down.
Beach: The beach we didnt really sit on because it was windy and alot of seaweed but this was cleared daily.
Staff: The staff were excellent and very friendly always there to help. Big shout out to "Crazy Charlie" & "Big Ted" always up for a laugh. All staff are wonderful.
Entertainement: There was always nightly entertainment which was very good. There were bands playing , talent shows & also karoke. There is also daily entertainement to get involved in with a mixture of things to do. Water arobics etc.
Other usfull information: I will warn you, you will get eating a live over there by mosquitos (not literally but you do get a few). We took all different things but nothing seemed to work just dont scratch them. Also there is local schools in about 3/4 times a week. We were not informed about this when we booked through Virgin. But it does get annoying.
Overall: Was a great holiday and would return. Any questions please contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort