“Stay at Coconut Bay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Tampa, Florida
“Stay at Coconut Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I apologize in advanced for the length of this review. However, I suggest that if you are truly interested in staying in Vieux Fort, or anywhere on the island of St. Lucia, that you strongly consider Coconut Bay, and continue to read on for more details.
Coconut Bay was actually not the only hotel we stayed at during our trip to the island, but I'm very thankful it was our last stop to be the perfect ending to an incredible trip. We stayed at the all-inclusive resort for 5 nights and 6 days in the Harmony, or adult, side portion of the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean, but more importantly it had TV and AC, unlike some other hotels on the island. There was wifi available with purchase, but always free in the main lobby. Our bedroom, on our initial and final nights, were decorated with local flowers adding a sweet and special touch by our housekeeper Pearl. She was my week long pen pal as she asked questions about our day and stay, and I would write her back on the hotel notepad nightly filling her in on the day's events.
The dining options at the resort can fit all types of diets or food flavor preferences. The buffet restaurant in the main lobby was great when gathering large groups, specifically breakfast and lunch. At dinner time there were some other Italian and Asian cuisine options above the lobby on the second floor. Since these were more formal, reservations are recommended. There is also a grill out by the pool serving the staple choices of burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, etc... There's a swim up bar in the Splash side of the pools, another bar at the adult pool, one in the lobby and upstairs in the nightclub. (There possibly could have been more!) The staff taking care of all the guests all over the resort are always friendly, serving with a smile and super helpful.
The resort has daily activities posted that accommodate guests of all ages. Some examples include hikes, water aerobics, water polo, pool/beach volleyball, island dance lessons, soccer, or take a visit the resort's pet donkeys (they are extremely cute: caution you may fall in love). You never have to leave the resort to enjoy yourself, and however you wish to enjoy your vacation is up to you. If adventure is what you're in search of or love, St. Lucia has a lot to see and do that can easily be arranged at the excursion desk. The price per person was much more reasonable than what we had seen at the other hotel and each excursion was never a disappointment.
Our top three choices were the Catamaran Cruise, ATV tours, and Horseback riding. In my opinion, these tours gave visitors to St.Lucia an opportunity to see the BEST of the island in a unique way to admire it's majestic beauty.
We were initially prompted to travel to St. Lucia for a wedding we attended during our trip. It was held on the Coconut Bay Resort property in an all white gazebo overlooking the ocean with the view of some off shore island mountains. The backdrop was gorgeous and the weather was perfect! The bride was my future sister in law and I spent a lot of time with her at the spa. There they pampered her and took care of hair, nails and makeup, making her picture perfect on her big day. The wedding coordinator was helpful and all the other staff attending to the party helped make it very special for the couple. The photographer and videographer were very professional and captured those important moments.
At Coconut Bay, traveling with family was made easy through the convenience of the resort, but I even observed and met many couples celebrating honeymoons or anniversaries. All the guests look extremely happy as you walk through the resort. Everyone travelled to the island for a variety of reasons, but if you stay at Coconut Bay it will feel like a true getaway!

5 Thank Nicole N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,666)
Norwalk, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

...the "Cover Girl" of St. Lucia resorts, Coconut Bay has something for everyone at a great price for the friendly service and and breadth of amenities. This was a perfect home base for our family of 5 (kids 7,9,&11) to adventure into the extraordinary charms of the island and then come "home" and relax with seemingly every desire at our fingertips.

Excursions were booked through the resort were not inexpensive, but completely worth every penny. In one week, we enjoyed horseback riding on the beach, ziplining through the rainforest, and visiting the volcano, mudbaths, warm waterfalls and snorkeling preserve.

In our "downtime" at the hotel every day, we managed to ride the water slides and swim in the pools and play in the ocean. It was breezy, but the hot tub was a great place to warm up during the occasional cloudy periods and showers inevitable during the tail end of rainy season in which we traveled.

The resort is very informal and so are many of the guests. The property is not completely pristine. (I requested a renovated 2 room connecting family suite and was informed none of them are updated yet.) If those two caveats don't put you off, I highly recommend Coconut Bay, especially for families seeking that elusive combination of ease and adventure.

2 Thank Qoss
Ingersoll, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Just returned from an amazing week at Coconut bay. Please let me start by saying I have never written a comment on trip advisor and feel this place was so special and deserves to be recognized. So if you are still unsure where to vacation read on and I hope I can help you make the right choice. Trust me you can't go wrong with this resort. This was our 24th all inclusive vacation to such places as Antigua,Aruba,Barbados,Cuba, Costa Rica,Dominician,El-Salvador,Mexico, Panama and a few more. This by far was the best all inclusive we have stayed at. I am a very fussy eater and even take my own Heinz ketchup and Ranch salad dressing etc. This is the first country I have ever brought my entire food home as the resort food and condiments where excellent. Your vacation will begin with a short 5 minute transfer from the airport. You will then be greeted with a warm Welcome Home and a nice cool drink. The rooms are very nice and the service is fair beyond what I've ever experienced. All of the staff from house keeping, ground keepers, paradise patrol (security, I love the name), front desk, bartenders and the spa are the friendliest people I have ever met. They are always smiling and are there to ensure you have a great vacation. I have never wanted to stay two weeks away until this vacation, where we could have gladly stayed for a second week. We are planning to return with our grandkids and look forward to playing with them on the splash side of the resort. Shirley our house keeper took very good care of us with lots of towels and water and soft drinks etc stocked daily. Unlike Mexico you even got face clothes everyday (Lol). Shirley left us a personalized note everyday and it was fun to write her back. "Queen Mary" greets you with a big smile every morning at the omelette station and starts your day in paradise off on the right foot. The owner of the resort Butch was at the resort for a staff party and we had the pleasure of meeting him and telling him what special friendly great staff he has working for him. We also met Mark Adams and Mark Hawken the CEO and General Manager. Paul Clauzel the Rooms Division manager has the biggest smile and passion for his job and country and he will ensure you have the best vacation ever. Sorry for the long review, but with such a deserving resort for recognition I hope I have helped you make up your mind to book your vacation in paradise. We have always rated Antigua as our number one favourite with Costa Rica as a close second. St.Lucia has now been moved to the number one favourite destination. Trust me you won't be disappointed and I am looking forward to returning to our new found second home, which we have been searching for in many countries.

Room Tip: Book Now and Enjoy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank karen d
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

my wife and I was there for week and we had an amazing time ,the staff members are very respectful and professional always willing to help you.it is a very family friendly environment ,the food was great ,the pools was well maintained and clean ,they make sure that you don't get bored everyday there is many activities for all ages .anyone staying there must visit the spa it was very relaxing .I had a private diner and it was very neatly planned by management I must thank them for this, it was one of my wife's best romantic diner .last but not least one staff member who was really helpful and great to us was bartender mr wade charlery I must thank him for making me feel like home and yes coconut bay will definitely see us very soon again

Room Tip: keep it on the main floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hilary443
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

My son got married here on 4th December and it all went well. The hotel was all we expected and more. As everyone mentions in their reviews, the staff are fantastic! Our room cleaner, Samanthar and the omelette lady, Mary D, brilliant! The tall lady in coconut walk buffet, so nice and friendly, I cannot fault any of the staff we met , they all made our trip special. My granddaughter does not want to leave and we will definitely save up to come back!
So sad to leave such a friendly welcoming resort.
All the staff should be so proud if what a fantastic job they do, as they make the resort what it is.
Some of our family stayed in a 5* resort but came you coconut bay for the wedding and stayed overnight. They realised they had made a mistake by not staying here with us, they loved it!
We will be back next year as it was best holiday we have had! X

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank gordoh
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This lovely resort is in the south of St. Lucia, just a minutes drive from the airport. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne, the lobby area is very big and welcomimng. The reception staff made us feel welcome. We booked out holiday through Virgin Holidays, we were there for 2 weeks, 23 of us in our party and we had 2 weddings and several birthdays.
I can't fault anything about the place, large spacious and comfy clean rooms, the ameneties in the room wewre ample, they even provide hair conditioner.
We stayed in the harmony side (adult only) which was right opposite the adult pool and pool bar. The bar staff got to know us very well and they were great.
The Spash side (family's) was close enough for us to be able to easily mingle. This had two lovely large pools and pool bars with water features such as water falls etc. Then there was the lazy river, wow this was my favouirte, just relaxing in a giant ring, floating around with a cocktail in my hand. Then ther was the water slides, very popular with the kids.
The evening entertainmant was good and sometimes, fun, with live reggae music, Jazz and Kareoke.
We were on an all inclusive holiday and there was a good selection of drinks and amazing cocktails.
The Restaurant served a very large selection of food, there really was something for everyone. The food was really delicious and some of it cooked while you wait, some was on a buffet. They also had a choice of 3 other restaurant for which you had to book tables, this was excellent service and quisine food. The 2 weddings wewre fabulous, truly days to remember.
I would highy recomend a holiday at this place, and if your getting married here then you certainly won't be dissapointed.
They treat all of their guests like VIP's. Ther is plenty to do on this resort, oh I almost for got to mention the kids club, the kids loved it and it gives the parents a breather and it's part of the holiday package so no extra charges. If I go back to St. Lucia I will definately stay here.
You can go out on organised trips to see the Islend, the prices are very reasonable. The local people were also very friendly.

1 Thank LindaMarklew
11mcfuco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at coconut bay walking up to my room so tried with my Hand bag an this guy Jervin walks up to me an says you look tried I will help with that bay I was so happy I felt I was at home he took me right to my room on the third floor an he talk about the hotel like that was his job I am deffenatly coming to coconut bay next year year because of jervin he knows how to make guest feel like at home....he put smiles on my face....next year I want to see jervin as a bell man for a guy who works on week ends he knows how to do it..... keep on trying jervin you rock

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,053 reviews

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!