I apologize in advanced for the length of this review. However, I suggest that if you are truly interested in staying in Vieux Fort, or anywhere on the island of St. Lucia, that you strongly consider Coconut Bay, and continue to read on for more details.
Coconut Bay was actually not the only hotel we stayed at during our trip to the island, but I'm very thankful it was our last stop to be the perfect ending to an incredible trip. We stayed at the all-inclusive resort for 5 nights and 6 days in the Harmony, or adult, side portion of the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean, but more importantly it had TV and AC, unlike some other hotels on the island. There was wifi available with purchase, but always free in the main lobby. Our bedroom, on our initial and final nights, were decorated with local flowers adding a sweet and special touch by our housekeeper Pearl. She was my week long pen pal as she asked questions about our day and stay, and I would write her back on the hotel notepad nightly filling her in on the day's events.
The dining options at the resort can fit all types of diets or food flavor preferences. The buffet restaurant in the main lobby was great when gathering large groups, specifically breakfast and lunch. At dinner time there were some other Italian and Asian cuisine options above the lobby on the second floor. Since these were more formal, reservations are recommended. There is also a grill out by the pool serving the staple choices of burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, etc... There's a swim up bar in the Splash side of the pools, another bar at the adult pool, one in the lobby and upstairs in the nightclub. (There possibly could have been more!) The staff taking care of all the guests all over the resort are always friendly, serving with a smile and super helpful.
The resort has daily activities posted that accommodate guests of all ages. Some examples include hikes, water aerobics, water polo, pool/beach volleyball, island dance lessons, soccer, or take a visit the resort's pet donkeys (they are extremely cute: caution you may fall in love). You never have to leave the resort to enjoy yourself, and however you wish to enjoy your vacation is up to you. If adventure is what you're in search of or love, St. Lucia has a lot to see and do that can easily be arranged at the excursion desk. The price per person was much more reasonable than what we had seen at the other hotel and each excursion was never a disappointment.
Our top three choices were the Catamaran Cruise, ATV tours, and Horseback riding. In my opinion, these tours gave visitors to St.Lucia an opportunity to see the BEST of the island in a unique way to admire it's majestic beauty.
We were initially prompted to travel to St. Lucia for a wedding we attended during our trip. It was held on the Coconut Bay Resort property in an all white gazebo overlooking the ocean with the view of some off shore island mountains. The backdrop was gorgeous and the weather was perfect! The bride was my future sister in law and I spent a lot of time with her at the spa. There they pampered her and took care of hair, nails and makeup, making her picture perfect on her big day. The wedding coordinator was helpful and all the other staff attending to the party helped make it very special for the couple. The photographer and videographer were very professional and captured those important moments.
At Coconut Bay, traveling with family was made easy through the convenience of the resort, but I even observed and met many couples celebrating honeymoons or anniversaries. All the guests look extremely happy as you walk through the resort. Everyone travelled to the island for a variety of reasons, but if you stay at Coconut Bay it will feel like a true getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Jetsetter and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort