I used TA to plan my vacation and I hope this review helps others.
About us - Mom, dad, 2 girls 10 and 8. From Massachusetts, USA.
When - Stayed for a week November 7 - 15.
Located less than 5 min from the airport. Can not say enough about this, once you get through customs you can be in you room within the half hour. Staying anywhere else on the island will add hours of travel time to your trip.
Staff was great! We were greeted with a smile and a warm remark from every staff member we met. My wife wanted to bring Vernon home after one yoga class.
Food was delicious. Buffet served B, L and D. Two table service restaurants served dinner, Calabash was our favorite. Poolside grill had decent pub food. The specialty dinning events were great fun, seating for guests was out by the splash pool with serving stations on the lawn.
Our room on the Splash side was 415. Two doubles and a pullout single. Plenty off room for parents+2. This was one of the renovated rooms and It was quite lovely and very clean. The sliders opened onto a small balcony with a beautiful view of the pools and ocean beyond.
Although not crystal clear, the pools were, by far, the favorite place for our girls. They loved going from pool to slide to pool and back again. They particularly liked the tiny side pool near the lazy river. The slide gave them a thrill and they shot video of themselves going down over and over and over.
Being on the Atlantic side of the island the winds are constant and for us, welcome. They kept the temps and humidity at bay. At night we would turn the AC off and let the breeze and the sound of the ocean put us to sleep.
We had read before going that the ocean, at this local, could be choppy and it certainly was. This is not a placid snorkeling beach. It is more suited for water sports and frolicking. We are used to summering at the beaches in New England so a little chop and wind was fine compared to, the pounding surf at home.
The only, and I do mean only, bummer during our trip was the dreaded Purple flag flying over the sand when we arrived. For those who don't know ( and we were one of them ) it means dangerous sea life and swimming is discouraged. For the first time in memory ( according to the staff we spoke to ) jelly fish were in the waters off shore. So for the first 2 and a half days we did not go in the water above our ankles.
Each day we would run over to the flag pole to see what color was flying. We were so excited when on the third day the green flag was up! We rushed through breakfast and went running into the warm water as soon as we were done. Ten minutes later my wife got stung on the leg. Not too bad, like a bee sting, except it last about 6 hours. Needless to say the purple flag went back up.
Despite that unfortunate incident we had a really good time. Coconut Bay will provide you and your family with wonderful memories, it did for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort