“great trip . staff makes the resort”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“great trip . staff makes the resort”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our Coconut Bay holiday was a great time despite the weather(rained hard 2 days out of 7 ). Our prearranged suppers at the specialty restaurants were all taken care of by Ed as had been promised via email and we even managed to book an extra night at one. The food was very good even at the buffet. The staff is what made this resort so good...We were constantly greeted by every staff member in a friendly, professional manner and treated with the highest of respect no matter what we asked for or where we were!! The management should be grateful to their staff because they made our trip a trip to remember!! Thanks to Victoria, Keta, Lenitta, Shayne, Mitch, Nax, Ashton and all the rest of the staff. You are the best and the resort is lucky to have you! The room was extremely clean and a very nice size with a king bed that was the best we've slept on in all of our travels! Like I said the food was good and the drinks were plentiful. As far as entertainment, there was something to be seen every night, with some being excellent and others not quite as good. There was something for just about every taste and age group. The spa was an excellent way to relax and the massages were great. The private, adults only "Harmony" side of the resort was very peaceful and very well laid out for sunbathing, swimming and bar service. The only drawback was there was no actual stairway from this area to the beach, you had to navigate a sand/rock trail worn into the side of the sunbathing area to get down to the ocean. From our visits to the other section, "splash", for families, it was well laid out as well with water slide and lazy river, pools and bar service. Overall this is a great resort made even better by a super staff. The resort was very clean and presentable but could use some "tlc" as it is starting to show some wear n tear. We heard there may be some expansion in the future and that is a good thing, as the location couldn't be better (only 5 minutes from the airport). Great beach for swimming and walking too! We will certainly be returning should we go to St. Lucia again! Highly recommend this resort!!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd/4th floor to get a good ocean view. Harmony side for adults only is much quieter
2 Thank john l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,701)
Barbados
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly. They are always so happy and professional.
Our favorites- Sevie she works so hard and keeps smiling even under pressure! (Beach Grill), Gibbs is very friendly (restaurant), Chris ( Restaurant), Mervin took care of our bags (FDesk), Lenitta Checked us in, She always smiles and is very accommodating (FDesk), Katelyn Checked us out (FDesk), Mitch This guy knows how how to entertain his crowd! You Rock!! (Bars), Ed Evans is such a hard worker (GServices). We love them all!!
Everyone was great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear LillyJ, thank you for positng your experience here at Coconut Bay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and I am proud to pass on your compliments to the staff members you mentioned.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Cheers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at Coconut Bay Resort for two weeks in Oct 2013. I would definitely recommend the hotel to everyone. Saint Lucia is AMAZING and the hotel itself has great facilities including 4 pools, gym, spa, 3 a la carte restaurants, tennis courts, water sports, multiple bars etc. What makes it so special though is the FANTASTIC staff. Everyone walks around with a big smile on their faces and will go the extra mile to help you out and make sure you are having the time of your life.
Special thank you goes to Vernon, Shirley, Wade,Vikki, Samanfer, Morgan, Jimmy, chief “PI”, Ashton, always friendly ladies from the boutique shop upstairs, excursion desk staff, Coconut Walk staff, girls at the reception, entertainment team….the list goes on and on, I wish I remember names of all the people that made it so very special to us. Thank you so much guys!!!
I didn’t want to leave and I will be definitely going back. Cannot wait to do it all again 

Room Tip: We stayed in 461 in the Harmony block. It had great views on garden and the ocean. The room deco was...
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Renewed faith in the Caribbean.... !!! I have frequented the Caribbean many times over many years and visited many Caribbean destinations including Antigua, Jamaica, Mexico, Barbados and St Lucia. I have stayed at many different resorts, all being all inclusive. It saddens me to say I noticed over these years that the standard of cleanliness, facilities and particularly staff members attitudes were lowering year by year, changing for the worse with standards becoming lower and lower.
Due to this my family and I chose to holiday in Dubai in recent years where we were treated like royalty and the facilities are always spotless, just as it used to be in the Caribbean.
However last week my wife surprised me to a holiday and I have just returned from a stay at the Coconut Bay resort and spa in St Lucia, to say I was surprised at what I found would be an understatement....
We landed in a rain storm, which suited my mood and to say I was expecting the worse would also be an understatement, the cloud over my head easily matched the storm clouds in the sky!!!
This soon began to lift when we were welcomed by extremely friendly reception staff and every staff member we met on our way, everyone was very polite and welcoming, I also noticed how spotlessly clean everything was, we were shown to our room which was beautiful and once again spotlessly clean and fresh, this included a free well stocked mini bar and the use of a free safe (things some other hotels charge for) the room was always cleaned beautifully and the housekeepers were always very pleasant. The hotels facilities were fantastic catering for every age group, family or couple. Food was glorious, I am a fussy eater and I never had an occasion where there was nothing I liked, the choice of food was amazing and always cooked fresh. During the week there were theme nights i.e. Caribbean BBQ etc and in the day time there were events to keep everyone entertained i.e pool aerobics, water polo etc or you can position yourself to a place where you can relax, take in the sun anf hear nothing.
I could go on and on and maybe I should but I think I have put my point across, Coconut bay, its staff and Managers have totally renewed my faith in the Caribbean and I am looking forward to returning again and again, other hotels can learn a lot from them...oh one more fantastic thing.... Its literally minutes from the airport, (5 to be exact) do not let that put you off as the planes take off and land away from you and you cannot hear them, but getting to your hotel following your flight is a dream.

Room Tip: I liked being on the top floor as I have a phobia of frogs and toads, the further away from ground l...
2 Thank Ian R
Dear Ian. Fantastic! we love that your faith has been renewed! We are absolutely thrilled that you and your family have found the Caribbean again. The team here takes such pride in making every attempt to wow all of our guests and comments like yours makes all the efforts and hard work worthwhile.

Thank you so much from all the team and I hope that we will see you and your family again!

Cheers
Mark
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My family are returning to Coconut Bay in 2 weeks time, we were last there last November 2012. We cannot wait. We had such a great time all three of us especially our son age 4 at the time. Everything was perfect, the rooms,the staff,the food,entertainment,the kids club.EVERYTHING. We are returning for this fact. We have travelled extensively over the years but this beats all hands down. See you soon Jane,Mike and Luke

Room Tip: I think there is a room for everyone, garden rooms are great for families, if the children are tired...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just returned from Coconut Bay after a holiday with a girlfriend. This hotel is great for all, families, friends, couples, singles. We arrived a day early and the hotel easily accommodated us.

The hotel has refurbished some rooms but not all. We were in a non refurbished room and it was still decent. The bathroom was the most dated part. The refurbished rooms look amazing though so pay the extra to stay in a Junior Suite or Premium Suite on the Harmony Adults only side. We didn't see any children on the Adults side at anytime.

Food was great in all of the al la carte restaurants and the buffet was pretty good too. Be sure to choose the Peanut Butter Cheesecake option for dessert when you dine at Silk.

Although we didn't participate in any of the organized activities, there was always something going on. We did however take in the snorkelling and paddle boarding on a couple of calm days. This is offered through the kite surfing team when they're not kitesurfing which is also offered right at the hotel. Be sure to go say hello to Pedro and Luis at the watersports shack. Thanks for the experience guys!

Although this resort is on the Atlantic side, the water was more than calm enough to swim in and unbelievably warm.

Overall, all staff at Coconut Bay were fantastic. Some others to look out for are Evan the DJ and Ritney. Thanks for shaking up the dancefloor with us, we had a blast!

Will recommend and return to this resort :-)

Room Tip: Junior Suite or Premium Suite are the way to go on the Harmony adults only side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Coconut Bay is a place where people you have never met are now family. I have never been to a place where the staff cares so much.My favorite quiet one Wade who was always there with a smile and knew exactly what was needed. My beautiful Nax, so sweet and always asking if we have everything we need.Mitch with his wonderful singing and making us laugh.Titi putting up with us everyday with a smile.Jeanette in silk made us want to eat there again.Eric when we first arrived made a great first impression.Keerdy with her beautiful smile, jade and Da joker you just cant go wrong and we must not forget skeete. Small J you do a great job. The food was great. The shows were great with the dancers and the fire tricks.The music was great. I left this trip with a happy heart and a extended family. It was a fabulous vacation. looking foward to next time. I love all of you guys!

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor. beautiful view and quiet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vieux Fort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!