My family consisting of my husband, son (9 years), daughter (11months) and I stayed at Coconut Bay from 07th July - 14th July 2008. This was the greatest vacation we ever experienced. Forget all the bad reviews that you have been reading.
Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted with champagne and a non alcoholic drink for my son. This was very refreshing since we had to endure a 1hr plus drive from Castries. We were immediately directed to our room and given an invitation to the Manager's Cocktail held on that same day.
The food was excellent at all three restaurants. The restaurants being Italian and Asian which you must make reservations for the day before and only serves dinner and then there's COCONUT WALK, the restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style, we ate there most of the time.
Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were great. They had nice island names , with the non-alcoholic drinks carrying names of cartoon characters(don't worry, adults can have them too, I would know), please try Bob The Builder.
Coconut Bay is perfect for children. My son was constantantly busy. There's an arcade that he made the most of, table tennis which we all played, the water slides and the lazy river we could not get enough of, I like the idea of having a jacuzzi built into the pool, the hot tub was great. We were so busy that I did not get to play water volley ball.
There is nightly entertainment my highlight being Pirates Night and Karaoke Night.
The hotel was kept clean at all times and the staff worked hard at ensuring that happened.
We booked a half day tour at the hotel and the taxi picked us up there. Our tour guide was Dane and he really does know his country, very pleasant guy. We got the opportunity to see the
volcano and the Diamond Waterfall which is in the Botanical Gardens.
Last but not least the Staff get 100% for service, they made sure that we were comfortable and well taken care of at all times. Each staff member had a smile to offer, they never seemed, tired
even if they worked a double shift, they were never grumpy or upset. I must say that the staff is Coconut Bay's greatest asset.
Special mention to Germain at the front desk who greeted us when we checked in, she was constantly making sure that we were having a great time.
We would definitely go to Coconut Bay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort