“" A PIECE OF PARADISE "”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Trinidad
“" A PIECE OF PARADISE "”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

My family consisting of my husband, son (9 years), daughter (11months) and I stayed at Coconut Bay from 07th July - 14th July 2008. This was the greatest vacation we ever experienced. Forget all the bad reviews that you have been reading.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted with champagne and a non alcoholic drink for my son. This was very refreshing since we had to endure a 1hr plus drive from Castries. We were immediately directed to our room and given an invitation to the Manager's Cocktail held on that same day.

The food was excellent at all three restaurants. The restaurants being Italian and Asian which you must make reservations for the day before and only serves dinner and then there's COCONUT WALK, the restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style, we ate there most of the time.
Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were great. They had nice island names , with the non-alcoholic drinks carrying names of cartoon characters(don't worry, adults can have them too, I would know), please try Bob The Builder.

Coconut Bay is perfect for children. My son was constantantly busy. There's an arcade that he made the most of, table tennis which we all played, the water slides and the lazy river we could not get enough of, I like the idea of having a jacuzzi built into the pool, the hot tub was great. We were so busy that I did not get to play water volley ball.

There is nightly entertainment my highlight being Pirates Night and Karaoke Night.

The hotel was kept clean at all times and the staff worked hard at ensuring that happened.

We booked a half day tour at the hotel and the taxi picked us up there. Our tour guide was Dane and he really does know his country, very pleasant guy. We got the opportunity to see the
volcano and the Diamond Waterfall which is in the Botanical Gardens.

Last but not least the Staff get 100% for service, they made sure that we were comfortable and well taken care of at all times. Each staff member had a smile to offer, they never seemed, tired
even if they worked a double shift, they were never grumpy or upset. I must say that the staff is Coconut Bay's greatest asset.
Special mention to Germain at the front desk who greeted us when we checked in, she was constantly making sure that we were having a great time.

We would definitely go to Coconut Bay again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
2 Thank cmbailey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,701)
Johnstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Just returned from Cbay and now having spent time at both ends of the island thought I would share my thoughts on this location.

Transfers. very close to airport so no need to worry re travel sickness etc
Location. The property sits on a huge area and is well laid out and easy to get around, the beach does suffer from seaweed but the hotel does its best to keep this managed with daily raking of the sand...a short walk in either direction brings you to some stunning and deserted beaches so go explore. Easy drive to Castries and any where else for that matter, I hired a jeep and headed to Castries going up the East coast through Micoud etc and then travelled back down the West through Soufriere etc. Roads have been greatly improved in the last two years
Rooms. A bit dated but clean, functional and well air conditioned and the housekeeping staff do a good job of servicing the rooms.
Food. Simply you wont go hungry. the snack bar is handy for a quick bite but the coconut walk buffet was always great, Bellagio very good and Silks also very good...only criticism is the family dining times are too early and you find yourself rushing.
Pools. numerous pools all well maintained and good safe depth for most kids, lazy river and slides great fun and well supervised by the staff, plenty of toys left behind by other so dont bother taking your own.
Entertainment. Got a bit samey after a while but they all tried hard...the pirates night and carribean buffet night probably best two night.
While we were there they seemed to take delivery of new equipment and a few days before departing they had a candy floss machine, popcorn machine and hot nachos all up and running.
To sum up we had a good two weeks but i feel for the extra travelling time and increase in cost I would probably head back towards the North if i was to revisit the island.
feel free to email me via tripadvisor if you have any questions.

• Liked — transfer time
  • Disliked — bit too isolated for other dining options outwith hotel
5 Thank PMACCA
Cornwall,UK
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Stayed at Coconut Bay for a week at end of June before going on to Grenada.

Good stuff--
Staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful,They are the biggest asset of Coconut Bay.

Food and drinks all good. Loved Silks,the asian restaurant. Don't forget to book the day before you want to go. Kids over 12 can eat any time, under 12 have to be before 6.30. Seems to work quite well. Cocktails are great, they will make anything and nothing is too much trouble. See Crazy Charlie and the rest for great drinks.

Pools are varied and interesting,something for everyone.Easy to get away from the kids if you want to. Loads of space,though not so much shade.

Transfer from airport less than 5 mins,but no bother from aircraft noise. After long flight and an hour and a half getting thru airport chaos, the short transfer was brilliant --most other people had 1.5 hour transfer to other resorts on bendy roads. Greeted with champagne and rooms were ready.It was a very pleasant introduction.

Not so good--

Beach, which i knew was on Atlantic, but was very breezy,so you couldn't really sit on it as sand blew into drinks and eyes etc,and was just too breezy to enjoy. But move back to the pool area and it was fine.There was as a result quite a lot of sand in the main pool which did cloud it a bit. Seaweed not really a problem as it was raked regularly,and you only had to walk along a bit to find clear water. Water is warm but its definitely not the Carribean.

Accomadation blocks are a bit tired in places and need some maintainance,though room interior was fine.

Duty free from on site shop--beware. They deliver it to the airport,you are not allowed to take it with you from the hotel. Only problem--it wasn't at the airport when we got there. The customs people said 'oh no, not Coconut Bay again' Anyway it turned up about 30mins before the flight,and then i had to go back to check in and retreive bags as i wasn't allowed to carry it as hand luggage. Far too much hassle for a bottle of rum. Buy it at the airport ,much simpler.

Overall it was a good stay, but the second week inGrenada was better. St Lucia is a beautiful place,and Coconut Bay has a lot going for it,especially if you have smaller kids, but its location means its not a true Carribean experience,but as long as you are aware of this, you will really enjoy your stay.

• Liked — staff and food
  • Disliked — beach
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Badcat110
England
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We have just arrived home from the Coconut Bay Resort and Spa and after reading some of the reviews we were concerned about going to this hotel. But we shouldn't have worried we had a fantastic holiday and came home completely chilled.

Our party consisted of 4 Adults and 1 Child (12). The IItalian and the Chinese were great and the staff couldn't be more helpful and even sent us pizza to our room when my son was poorly and we couldn't make it to the restaurant. The buffet was ok and some nights they had alot of variety.

The pools, slides and the lazy river were great and we spent most days chilling by these and using the swim up bar. The kids club was not the best but there wasn't that many children there so my son amused himself playing volley ball, he thought it was great because other guests just joined in, all of a sudden there was more than enough for good game.

The staff were fantastic, they were all friendly and nothing was to much trouble. Crazy Charlie and Big Ted at the bar were great and Charlie would sing all day non stop.

We hired a taxi and went round the island and it was well worth seeing. Our taxi driver Carol was a fountain of knowledge and could tell us everything about the island, plants and even took us on a tour and showed us bits that you would never see on a normal tour.

We had a great holiday and would return again to this hotel.

• Liked — Close to the airport and well maintained hotel
  • Disliked — The sea was quite rough and had seaweed but they did clear the beach daily
1 Thank Nutty9
Hoorn
Reviewed July 16, 2008

We had a great stay at coconut bay!
First of all a 3 min. drive from the airport and we stopped during that 'trip' , we got a bottle of water! No inconvenience of aircraft taking off, very little aircrafts take off at the island.
Coconut bay is a family oriented resort and it has a great atmosphere. Staff do everything possible to make your stay wonderful and relaxed.
Kids can play in the waterpark or stay entertainded by the great staff of the cococlub. Our son baked cookies, Tie-dyed, painted a coconut, played in a pirateship, he had a great time.
Especially Nasha Louis gave our son warm attention, Thank you!
When our son (3 yrs) was in the cococlub for a few hours we relaxed at the adults only (kids free)beach.
There is one big restaurant with a buffet 3 times a day. The food is great, a lot of diversity. My favorites, clam chowder soup and fresh Mahi mahi fish! Chef gets fresh fish from fishermen on the beach!
Every week there is a pirates night and caribbean night, with ofcourse more food, like rotie, shows, steel bands and market stalls.
But during the week also more modest music is played by wonderful musicians in the lounge.
Coconut bay is a resort with dedicated staff who listen to the wishes of there guests and therefore keep on improving!
Some of the things a read about the resort have already been improved. They remove seaweed from beach, kill mosquitoes.
Some things are being done for the future, a skelter-track is comming as well as a golfcourse.
St. Lucia is a wonderful island, with a lot of beautiful nature, hidden beaches and great activities to do.
The only negative thing for us was that It took up to 1 hour drive to get anywhere else on the island from the resort. But on the other hand after a long flight it is a great benefit to get into your bed at the resort that quick.
Thank you coconut bay for a great holiday!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank wansan
Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Coconut Bay Resort, Saint Lucia
Date: July 13, 2008
I just had a wonderful stay at the Coconut Bay Resort in Vieux Fort, Saint Lucia. I went on the trip alone since I was going to spend most of my time Kite-Surfing at the Reef (name of the Kite Surfing and Wind Surfing school 10 minute walk down the beach). To my surprise I had so much fun at the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The Staff at the Hotel were very friendly and the Customer Service was excellent. They always made me feel at home and very welcome. Most of the staff remember your name and when they last spoke to you so don't be surprised. I thought maybe it was going to be mostly families or couples but instead there was a nice mix of people. If you are bringing a family the hotel has the largest water-slide on the island and a lazy river. There are 3 pools - one has palm trees islands in the middle, waterfalls and a swim up pool bar. Both Adults and Kids can go to the bar (they have tropical drinks for Adults and Kids(Non-Alcoholic). Very Cute!!. There is another pool that has a Volleyball net and regular water-aerobics classes. If you prefer a more quiet atmosphere there is an adult section of the hotel (Adults Only) and an Adult Only pool with a tiki bar. The Bartenders make you have a great time...no one is stuffy!!
Did I mention this is an All Inclusive resort and yes the drinks are included!
Regarding food there is the main dinning area which is set up buffet style and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. There is a grill out by the pool that you can get burgers, chicken wings, fish sandwich, grilled cheese & other bites from 10am - 1pm. There are also 2 nice restaurants which require reservations - one Italian and one Asian cuisine. I ate at the Italian two times and it was excellent. The Asian was also very good. There are theme nights too - one night was Carnival night and everyone dressed up. Another night was Pirate night which was like a mini Cirque De Soleil.
The resort has activities (Water Volleyball, Reggae dance class, water aerobics) going on all the time and at night there were live bands every night. They were all quite good playing of course Reggae, Calypso, Socca, Jazz, and many of the Old School songs. My legs are still tired from dancing!!
There is an onsite Avis and a tour desk. I went on the Land Sea tour one day that was outstanding. I also went snorkeling at the Jalousie Resort which was better than any spot in Florida.
The property is very well maintained and clean as well as the hotel rooms and restaurants.

There is a wonderful SPA on site at Coconut Bay which offers every service imaginable including couples massage. I had 2 deep tissue massages with Evonne which were the best massages I ever had!
Besides the staff being so friendly I did not mention how many new friends I met who were vacationing from all over the world. Everyone seemed to be very happy with the hotel, the restaurants, the activities etc. Usually I hear a few complaints but did not hear ANYONE complaining!!!
I did think the gift shop could be expanded to have more products and also thought some of the prices were very high.
Regarding value for the hotel this was quite excellent. My flight was expensive but the hotel costs made up for the price of the airfare.

Whether you are single, couples that don't want to be alone all the time, or families you will have a blast!!

I thank the wonderful staff at Coconut Bay Resort and plan on coming back as soon as possible.

Cheers
Ms. Ray

• Liked — Friendliness of the Staff
  • Disliked — The Gift Shop lacked products
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
4 Thank msseagrl11
NY
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Let me just say - this was one of the best vacations i have ever had.

I am 19 years old and I traveled to coconut bay with my best friend and her family.
It is a great resort for not only families, but teenagers if they want an amazing spring break!!

Beautiful pools, very picturesque resort! I had fun on the lazy river. I also enjoyed the main bar. The bartenders (especially the evening ones) always know how to treat their guests. :)

I have stayed at 5 star hotels in the Bahamas and in St. thomas. I stayed in BREEZES in Dominican Republic. I also stayed for a month in acapulco, mexico. but Coconut Bay is number one in my opinion out of all these places!

The minute i got home I told my parents that St. Lucia is a true paradise and I hope to go their again.
And i will definitely be staying at coconut bay!

Stayed July 2008
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!