“Amazing Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have just got back from our stay at this resort and i would like to say the hospitality we recieved from staff were amazing. To mention just a few in particular Wade, Sherma, Jimmy(the tall guy lol), Kay & Ritney. Also our cleaning lady Naralie who made our room amazin thank you so much. Nothing was to much trouble and the holiday was so perfect we will most definately be returning. We hated leaving but made some good friends. The water slides were great for our daughter and the kids club was fantastic. Oh and if you go and want a lush drink try the Sherma Special, do not ask the contents as this is our secret he he the secret of the island. Thanks to all again.

Room Tip: Quiet area is the Harmony side, but with kids choose the Splash side
1 Thank Tomedee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,648)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I write this review two days after my wedding at Coconut Bay Resort & Spa, & whilst on my honeymoon. We arrived with an initial party of 15 from the UK & were greeted by Ken, his lovely smile, rum punches & soft drinks for the younger members. There was a bit of confusion with the rooms as lots of us shared the same surname but that was resolved with the help of Sinead, Fenton, Ed and my friend John Paul on the front desk.

To the spa team Dahlia & Christina you run an amazing team. Cherry you did my hair exactly as I wanted it to be and more, my girl Petal you made me look a million dollars and even I was stunned with what you did with my make up, mani & pedi. Thank you all again.

My wedding day was AMAZING. I cannot thank the wedding team enough- Onita you are a star, you kept me calm during my "moment" which I am eternally grateful for. Barbara your organisation and keeping my family in check was great. Tasha - I know that you are going to be great wherever you work, you were very professional, calm and your attention to detail with the rest of the team is second to none. Thank you girls also for my lovely birthday card and gorgeous present. Such a lovely touch!!

The team who helped prepare for our wedding banquet who we didn't meet thank you so much. To Claire John, Aurea, Vic & Owen thanks so much.

Our housekeeper Giselle kept our room looking fantastic and her lovely daily messages and the beautiful decoration on our bed was just a lovely personal touch.

Thanks to Cornelius & Benjamin Thomas at the Calabash the food was amazing & your service great!!!

Whilst lots of people have complained on Trip Advisor about the decor of the hotel and the lack attention from the staff, I have to completely disagree. Myself and my family have had such a fantastic time and continue to do so. Yes the hotel could do with a bit of a spruce up but that's just cosmetic & I understand a refurb is due next month. The service and smily faces are great. Thank you Coconut Bay

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank EllaD17
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We loved Coconut Bay. We went with one 18 yr old son and he quickly acquired others his own age and we hardly saw him during the day except when we went out on trips. The food was fantastic and the staff were SO friendly.Nothing was too much trouble to make the holiday special. The bars provided a huge variety of drinks and the non alcoholic ones were the best we've ever seen so children and teetotallers were very happy! The airport being so close was an advantage and you weren't disturbed by noise - about 4 or 5 flights took off a day and we never saw or heard them land.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cathy T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Coconut bay beach resort is the place to be if ure looking for a resort close to the international airport!! Just 5 minutes drive aWay!! The staff are very friendly and alWays Willing to help!!Akon at the pool bar Was a darling, he alWays ensured that We Were happy and satisfied. Our house Keeper Was also great(can't remember her name) We never go to the same place twice but Will sure come back to coconut Bay

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank peterppw
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Peterppw...thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself on holiday here at Coconut Bay. Akon is a great team member and I will be sure to pass along your comments.
Your statement that you dont holiday at the same place twice but will return to Coconut Bay is the ultimate compliment and we are all very grateful.

See you again!

Cheers
Mark
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

For years My husband and I wanted to go to St Lucia well we were finally able to get there this year. We just got back from Coconut Bay Beach resort we were there from July 27th-August 3rd we went with with our kids and and friends and their kids. Where do I start our experience was fantastic, nothing was an issue for anyone on the resort never got any attitude the people went out of there way to help us. We celebrated our eldest b day while we were there and they made sure to make sure the table was dressed up and that her day was super special. Second the FOOD was great no issues what so ever didn't eat a bad thing and the kids loved the kids drink menu and were always at the bar. The only thing I can complain about is the room not so big and in need of updating but they are renovating this fall I'm sure it will be FANTASTIC. We have all traveled to many all inclusive resorts the by far was one of the best we have ever been to and we have all been to 5* resorts. We will all go back there for sure one day! The number 1 PLUS the resort is 5 min from the airport this is awesome after a 5.5 hr flight. Thank you to Coconut bay for all the great memories.

Room Tip: We traveled with friends and we had a connecting rooms and that worked out well 2nd floor on the spl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ann-marie d
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My Overall Rating 4.5

Good: Food, Staff, Location, Pools, Bars, Wifi.
Not so good: Beach, Room AC, Lack of Activities, Smoking in Lobby.

Our family, two adults and two teens, were there the first week of August. It was a good JetBlue flight down from NYC and the Hewanorra airport is well staffed and well run (if you have been to Jamaica or Cancun you know this isn't always the case), so in and out was quick. The airport is about two football fields from the resort, so it takes less than 5 minutes to get there with the resort provided cab. We arrived at 2 pm and had lunch at the buffet before our room was ready at the promised 3 pm. We had booked one of the Splash deluxe rooms (which were remodeled in 2011), which are on the fourth floor. It was clean, the vaulted ceiling of the fourth floor opened up the space and the bed combination of a king for us and twin trundle for the kids was great - both were very comfortable. Room’s AC was poor – it wouldn’t keep the room below 81 during the afternoon and it wasn’t broken. The staff kept soda, bottled water and Piton beer in the small in room fridge. Some reviews say the resort is very tired, but we didn't really feel that way; in any case it is being remodeled in September, so it should only get better.

We have been going to Caribbean all inclusives about once per year for the last 15 years and we have found the gold standard family resort is Beaches Turks and Caicos. Compared to that resort, Coconut Bay is a step below in several areas, but the resort staff at Coconut Bay was the best we have experienced. CB gets downgrades for: the beach, which is small in size, but otherwise nice; lack of water activities – no diving, snorkeling, Hobie cats or Sunfish on premises, all they had were kayaks; lack of activities for kids over age 12 – the teen club Beaches has at their resorts gives them something to do and socialize amongst their peers; and, it may be the lack of tolerance as a non-smoker on my part, but the open air lobby was tough to use with about 50% of the guests, mostly Europeans, smoking constantly while there. On the plus side, CB has: great bars that have good selection of booze (Stoli, JW Red, local Rum, etc), and the $2 premium for some real top shelf stuff (Glenfidich, Grey Goose, etc) isn't unfair; food at the buffet was good quality and varied, while the food at Capri (Italian), Calabash (Creole) and Silk (Asian Fusion) was as good as any fine NYC restaurant; wifi in the room ($40/week) and in the lobby (free) was fast and reliable.

The resort offers off site excursions through its travel desk (many are only 1x or 2x per week) and is an Avis location for rental cars. We did the Treetop Adventure ziplining ($75) which was fantastic, and the full day Land & Sea trip which is a Catamaran sightseeing and two stop snorkel trip plus a bus trip to the Botanical Gardens and Volcano ($129), which was also excellent. We rented a car from Avis to tour the island for a day and that was less joyful – the Mitsubishi suv was old and had serious mechanical issues; and driving on the roads is challenging because they are narrow, winding and mountainous (they drive on the left) which can cause car sickness.

My 4.5 rating is based upon value – the resort is probably closer to a 4.0, but it is ½ the price of Beaches, making it quite the deal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Joe P
Dear Joe P...Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Coconut Bay. Your review was both positive and constructive and also very much appreciated. We are pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

You mentioned the AC in your room. I am happy to say that as part of our renovation we are overhauling the AC units to improve the cooling of the rooms.

You also mention Beaches Turks and Caicos and they are indeed a wonderful resort for families and most definately in a substantially higher price category that Coconut Bay as you stated.

Your comments on the Teen activities is noted and as part of our plans we are revamping and reopening the Teen Club.

The team truly appreiates your comments and hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again.

Cheers
Mark
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at the Coconut Bay from July 27-Aug 3, 2013 with our family of four and another couple. Our family had two side by side rooms on the third floor of the Harmony side with a nice balcony and view of the gardens, the wedding gazebo and the ocean. The elevator was an added bonus for luggage and when you didn't feel like doing the steps, and we never had to wait for it. Everyone is correct in saying that it is a short ride from the airport. We were greeted with delicious rum punch and an easy check-in process and we were off to our rooms in no time. Since we arrived later in the day we close to explore the property to get an idea where everything was. Had a great outdoor buffet that night. Only downside to that was being able to see what you were eating. A few more lights around the dining would have gone a long way:) We saw many people using the flashlight apps on their phones to see what they were eating. They did the outdoor buffet two times during the week we were there. Have to give props to the executive chef (forgot his name) and to Chris, the front house manager who seemed like they were always there no matter what time of day. Just a suggestion, these guys work hard, maybe they deserve a day off every once in a while (ha-ha)!! The food was the best at any all-inclusive we have been to. The breads and pastries were great!! You have to try the chocolate bread!! There were so many food choices, if you couldn't find something you liked, you weren't looking too hard. We ate at Calabash twice (have the filet or lamb) and at Silks once and all were great experiences. We also went to the adult only dinner by the adult pool and it was such a nice evening, I don't know why more people didn't take advantage of it.
The lazy river was so relaxing and the water slides so much fun! The pool staff do a great job of keeping those areas clean and we saw them all the time testing the water. We loved the beach area and got a hut there every day. We were so close to the pool, lazy river, slides, swim up bar and snack bar. It was a great location for us. We love to be on the beach when we are on vacation, you can sit around a pool anywhere! The ocean did have a little seaweed that washed up on shore but we saw them cleaning it a couple times a day. When you are walking in the ocean, you can see areas of the "turtle grass" so you can just avoid walking in that area of weed. I didn't think it was a problem at all unlike some other people that posted.
We did one excursion with "Simon Says" who just happened to be at the resort one day with his family. I think he just "happens" to be at a lot of resorts so he can hustle his tours but that is just my opinion. Our day was fun and we got to see a lot of highlights of the island. The mud bath is not to be missed! It was a once in a lifetime experience! His tour covered a lot and I would recommend it!
As almost everyone has mentioned on here before, housekeeping did a great job! We tipped a little every day as they worked so hard and kept our rooms spotless!
One more thing I need to mention....The day after we got there we saw that they had a popcorn machine. I went up to get popcorn and it wasn't ready. I went back to the snack bar to finish lunch and went back after lunch and they had just given away the last bag and were making more. I chose not to wait as I could come back later. About 20 minutes later I was in the ocean with my husband and I see an employee walking on the beach with two bags of popcorn flagging me down. I never told him to do that, I never told him where I was (on the beach or by the pool) but somehow he found me. That is going above and beyond in customer service! His name was Anson and I just wanted to give him a shout out!
The bartenders are great, so funny!! I said it a bunch of times when we were down there, everyone seems to love their jobs! It really shows. We have traveled to a lot of places in the Caribbean (Punta Cana, Riviera Maya, Antigua, Aruba) and I can honestly say, because of the hospitality of all the staff, this is one island we will definitely return to and Coconut Bay will be our hotel of choice. Keep up the great work!!

2 Thank gert55
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,006 reviews

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!