We were looking for a tropical honeymoon destination in a location that neither of us had ever visited. We were also interested in a destination that offered a good balance of relaxing by the pool/ocean and exciting excursions. St. Lucia/Coconut Bay was the PERFECT place for us!
From the moment we got off the plane, we were treated like royalty by the people of the island and the Coconut Bay staff. Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted by Ken who promptly offered us a "Welcome Drink" and took our bags up to our room for us. We opened our room door to find it festively decorated with flower petals all over--the floor, bed, bathroom, couch, etc. We also had a bottle of Champaign chilling for us. Our room was exactly what we requested--top floor, with a view, and king-sized bed.
Ken continued to work with us all week. He is WONDERFUL and should be Coconut Bay's Employee of the Year!! He not only assisted us in our itinerary for the week, but proceeded to check on us EVERYDAY to make sure we were enjoying ourselves, knew what we were supposed to do that day, and find out if we needed anything else. Words cannot describe how wonderful of a young man Ken is.
The food and drinks were spectacular! We fell in love with the "Dirty Banana!" There were several choices at every meal. We never had to wait to eat. We loved the local food! We had the pleasure of eating local cuisine on a couple of the excursions. It was DECLICIOUS! We couldn't get enough of it.
Our room was cleaned everyday in an extremely timely fashion by another outstanding employee-Shirley. She was so kind to us, even when we accidentally made a mess one day. We always came back to a clean room with fresh flowers and adorable towel animals.
Coconut Bay has excellent entertainment options right at the resort--pools, water slides, a lazy river, the beach, water sports, bars, an amazing spa, private dinners, picnics, and daily/nightly entertainment. If you want to enjoy the island, there are several fun and exciting excursions you can enjoy. We would recommend the all day island tour, zip lining, horseback riding, and snorkeling. The price was right and we were always promptly greeted by our tour guides/shuttle drivers.
Our experience far surpassed what we were expecting for our honeymoon. We would recommend St. Lucia and Coconut Bay to everyone! We would love to come back in a year to celebrate our one-year anniversary.
Side Note: If you are planning on honeymooning at Coconut Bay, make sure you utilize their gift registry! It is AWESOME! Our wedding guests were able to purchase us some of our excursions and contribute to some of the things we did at the resort. We highly recommend utilizing this unique feature!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, JackRabbit Systems, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort