Well, we can't agree more with previous reviews in the fact that the 5min transfer after a longish flight is great start. The hotel is on a beautiful beach which was cleaned every day whilst we were there.
With this hotel it seemed to manage to combine to give you something great and follow it up with something poor, or the other way round.
Such as the a la carte restaurants, with the Calabash where our table nearly collapsed then we were moved tables and treated to one of the best hotel meals we have had on our travels. Our visit to the Asian, however was a lovely looking restaurant but we waited a very long time for our meal which arrived cold and was disappointing. In the middle of this we had embarrassed staff trying to fill time badly. Also to mention though, the Capri Italian restaurant which did not disappoint at all.
The adult "harmony" pool was nice with twin sunbeds that revolved to face the sun...nice touch, then the bar area would spontaneously erupt into drunken football songs ...not so harmonious!!
In the middle area there was a self-service soft drinks machine which is a great idea but it would be out of diet coke or strawberry juice or both, or have the flavours but no gas.
The toilets in the lobby area were smart with the added effort of palm leaves and flowers round the urinals then the small loo by the beach had a hole kicked in the wall and graffiti like you'd expect in a down town railway station.
I won't go on as you get the idea. I also understand there is some refurbishment going on this year but what this place needs is a bit of care with what it's got.
All this said, we did enjoy our holiday; the gym was nice, getting pool towels was easy, lots of sunbeds, no restrictions with restaurant bookings, the beach was nice - especially if you went for a walk out in either direction, Wi-Fi connection in the lounge was a bit hit and miss (but free), the bar queues were never that bad, breakfast was good (normal AI fare), rooms large, all in all some aspects of the hotel scored a 1 and some a 5 which is why we ended up giving it a 3.
It was a bit odd though, for some of our holiday that the whole hotel was geared up towards an American cheerleader stay which seemed to affect entertainment and meal arrangements.
Also, we made a bit of a mistake - we booked a Splash room thinking it would be quieter at night (even if noisy during the day) as there would be small children going to bed early. However there was sometimes loud music coming from the stage right outside the rooms which went on till midnight. Bit annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort