“Great holiday at a great resort”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Great holiday at a great resort”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Coconut bay resort and missing it already. We arrived on Sunday afternoon in torrential rain which didn't stop until the late evening but it didn't stop us having a great time from the off. We were greeted by a group of cheerleaders on arrival and a glass of refreshing rum punch which went down nicely whilst we checked in. Within 5 minutes we were in our room and ready to start the holiday. Spent the afternoon being entertained by Mitch at the adults pool bar, he even gave us bin bags to put on as the rain was so heavy!! We ate at the buffet for breakfast and dinner every night and there was always so much variety, which also was great as we are both vegetarians but didn't struggle to find a good selection. Had lunch a few times at the grill which cooks pizza, chips, wraps etc all lovely and cooked to order. The drinks on the all inclusive are amazing especially the cocktails, try the dirty banana. We stayed mainly on the Harmony side which was the adults only side, really clean and lovely views out to sea. The sun seekers sun beds were amazing and it was great that they didn't allow people to reserve them although some people did try to at times. Nikita was amazing, she would come round every day to your sun loungers with lunch choices and fresh fruit. The lazy river was a lot of fun and they always had a lot of entertainment on so there was something to do if u wanted to. The rooms were fine, need updating but they are closing in September to completely refurb. Overall a great resort and you get a lot for your money from the all inclusive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenny I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,706)
Coventry
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our 1st trip to Coconut Bay & we were very impressed. The hotel is lovely which they are doing up at the moment. The food was good the buffet restaurant is fab no complaints, we ate in 2 of the A la carte restaurants which was 'silks'- chinese (fab) & 'calabash'- (fab). There something for everyone of all ages they have an adults only side with an adults only pool & a side for families they also have a fantastic kids club which has an array of activities all the staff are fantastic they even do activities some evenings aswell which means you get a meal child free (which is rare when you have children!) All the staff are very friendly & can't do enough for you. If you are thinking of doing any trips while you are there we highly recommend a local man called Solomon he does trips by car & by boat you tell him what you want to do & he will accomodate the trp round your needs he is also reasonably priced. You can check his website out on trip adviser which is where we found him & also read some reviews.
All round i would say the holiday was fantastic & i would definately be looking to go back. :)))

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marieCoventry
London
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We went for our honeymoon and were expecting a much better standard of room. It was very basic compared to "inferior" hotels elsewhere around the Caribbean that we have stayed in.
We had payed for a Deluxe Garden room, which basically meant you were on the noisy ground floor, with interconnecting doors to the next room that weren't well insulated against the noise.
Being on the ground floor also meant we could see palm trees and plants but not the sea, unlike the other floors.
The bathroom was also old and smelt like it hasn't been cleaned properly for a while.
On the plus side, the beds were very comfortable.

The staff at this resort made it a joy to stay at. They were very friendly, without being over the top or false.

The food was also excellent in the main buffet restaurant,
Calabash and Silks restaurants.

The cocktails were excellent too, the all inclusive package includes the local Rums which are probably some of the best in the world.

The beach is disappointing despite its Eco-crudentials, but the pools are very good.
Don't get hung up on the water park...2 slides and a lazy river are not a water park!!

The hotel is great for people who don't like long transfers as it is 2 minutes from the airport, but it's also a long drive from the main island attractions.

I'd say this is a great hotel for families, but it's not a great honeymoon hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank skyzoober
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Skyzoober, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your holiday with us at Coconut Bay. We appreciate all of our guests comments both positve and constructive. We are thrilled you recognized our hard working staff who are genuinely interested in our guests enjoyment. Also your comments on the food are appreciated. As with most hotels there are differnet price point rooms and the first floor Garden View rooms are our entry level room and the most inexpensive. Having said that we are pleased to say we are in the middle of refreshing all of our rooms on property.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back at Coconut Bay

Delaware
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I'm 2 weeks back from my great vacation at Coconut Bay. I booked my trip based on the reviews and found all of the good things to be true. My trip did not start off the best due to American Airlines issues. So when we finally arrived at the resort we were very travel weary We had been up since 3am and didn't arrive until 5 pm due to flight delays. We were greeted right away and when the room accomdations were not exactly what I had requested( I do not stay on the 1st floor of any hotels) I spoke to Emily and she made it right. This set the tone of the vacation and it never changed. Kudos to Emily , Mervin,Kay, Ken and all of the servers. I'm very big on customer service and this place really set the bar high for my future trips. I enjoyed the beach and the pool. I'm also a foodie and the food here far exceeded any of my other travels for variety and taste anytime you can get me to eat soup in the Carribean, it has to be good. I loved the grill, try the spicy chicken wrap yum! and also the ala carte restaurants except for the Capri- the pasta appetizer was not cooked all the way and they brought me another cooked better. Silk was pretty good but I enjoyed the Carribean restaurant te most I ate there several evenings,but I really really enjoyed the buffet. I was expecting the standard all inclusive food, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. I loved the pumpkin and spinach soup as well as the ravioli, I also enjoyed having both fresh raw vegetables as well as a selction of cooked veggies. The snapper was excellent.There was something for everyone. I've been to resorts before and if you do't eat when the food is first placed out they just leave it an never replenish. Not so at Coconut Bay, the food was always at the right temperature whether hot or cold and someone was always around to replenish food when it got low. I enjoyed the evening entertainment, but was also more than comfortable just reading and relaxing in the lobby. I enjoyed the water park the slide was so much fun along with the lazy river, most days that was where you could find me. I enjoyed my room which faced the pools and sitting on the balacony was divine, there was always a great breeze. My room was cleaned every day wonderfully.My room was fine. The resort could use a little updating here an there but it was still nice If you want a fussy 5 star hotel, then this may not be the place for you. However if you are looking for great people, good food, people who really care if you are having a good time and will do everything in their power to accomodate you,and a truly relaxing atmosphere, then Coconut Bay is your kind of place. I will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to request the splash side even if you do not have kids with you. It was quiet and c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tanyatash
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I just had my 4th visit to cbay. I love everything about this hotel from top to bottom. Its about 2 mins from the airport which is great. You get a warm welcome from ken on your arrival. He makes sure that you have everything you need for your stay. Food is great and theres loads to choose from. The silk restaurant is amazing. Theres plenty of bars to choose from and the staff are amazing, Kinnion (tha joker) is an amazing cocktail maker, and a joker lol (hense the name) we just told him to make us something and always got something different and they were all yummy. If you go to the pool bar you will meet mitch. Mitch will sing to you all day and show off his tricks with the bottles and glasses. Also at the pool bar is kay, she is so much fun, makeeba, such a sweetie, honey (archie) is awsome he would bring our drinks to us when we were sunbathing. other bar staff members who made our holiday great were morgan, donna, kirby, jade, small j, jimmy, sabrina, The entertainment was good and the entertainment team always make sure your having a good time, Ritney, jason, anson, jamara( good luck jamara with miss st lucia) and the new boy evan ( who is so much fun) thanks guys for all the fun and laughs. Last but not least the guys who work hard to make sure all the pools and water park is clean and tidy dean and javid, good work guys. We also met the new GM mark hawken, he took his time to talk to us and is always on hand if you have any questions. Thanks again cbay for another amazing vist. Can't wait for my #5thvisit next year to see all the new changes. lots of love from the #fitbrit

Room Tip: Ground floor harmany side, nice and easy to get to after a few too many cocoktails lol
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank laurab_1958
Dear Laurab - We love our returning guests! Thanks for your review and sharing Coconut Bay with everyone. The enthusiasm you have written with is so very much appreciated by the team!
Thank you for continuing to make Coconut Bay your selected vacation spot. We truly appreciate you!

Mark
Florida, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2013

A quick jump from the airport and our feet were in the sand. When we first arrived at coconut bay our rooms were not ready yet and we did not mind at all. The staff were so welcoming. We were greated with delicious tropical drinks served out of coconuts and had a lovely lunch. After lunch we indulged in another cocktail and enjoyed some live music in the forever breezy lobby. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a nice view. (fourth floor views are outstanding FYI )
There were two themed dinner nights during our stay. One was a western theme the other carribean. Tables were set up poolside and we were treated to a show. On one evening the New England Patriots Cheerleaders put on a very energetic show for us dancing, singing and doing some fun trivia. All the young woman were so lovely and very friendly. They were staying at the resort shooting their swimsuit calendar.
Many of the workers at the resort went above and beyond during our stay. While visiting some resident donkeys that live on the property and Spot "the donkey dog" we met 2 grounds keepers Eliahas and Delone. They took a few moments out of their busy day to explain to us a little bit about the coconut and it's stages of growth. They were very warm and friendly and willing to supply us with fresh coconut water. We actually enjoyed the knowledge they shared with us about the island. So please don't be afraid to give a quick hello to some of these fine fellows. You would be surprised how nice these gentlemen can be!
I also have to mention the fresh brewed coffee was delicious as was the cookies from the lunch buffet. I must admit to being guilty of walking out of the buffet with one in hand a few times during our stay.
They have large swimming pools and actives during the day. Everyone enjoyed the lazy river.
The beach is amazing!!!!!!!!!! Some seed weed but who cares that view was something I could never get tired of and loved watching the horses go by.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor were beyond amazing views.I was on the third floor. We could see the ocean...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sunny, thank your for your kind words about your stay with us. We appreciate all of our guests and get great satisfaction when they have had a much deserved enjoyable holiday.

We hope to see you again here in Paradise

Mark
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Since coming home from CBay Resort, the four of us have serious withdrawal symptoms! From the moment we arrived there to be greeted with calypso music and a lovely member of staff handing out rum punch to the moment we sadly had to leave, the whole holiday was fabulous. The lobby is an open plan design to let the fresh air through, and that is so nice. So whether you are at the reception desk, by the dining hall, or the lobby bar, you can look across to one of the pools. The whole tone of the resort is relaxing. The staff really make your stay here special. All the people we met were so lovely, whether they be in the entertainment team, or staff in the bar, dining room or kitchen, or maids, everyone had a smile on their face and were so friendly and welcoming. We really must mention Samanfer in the entertainment team, Honey, Jade, Mitch, Kay & Nikiter in the bars, Dean-John by the pools and Etto in the Dining Hall. And of course how could we ever forget Junias in the adults bar?! His Goodbye Song remains in our memory! The rooms are dated, but in September the resort is having a major refit and all of the bedrooms are being refurbished. We were in the Splash section for families. The room was kept spotless by our lovely maid Virginia. There were always plenty of clean towels. The queue for the dining hall was never too long, and the food was excellent. Staff were always checking to keep the serving dishes topped up and to make sure everything was kept neat and that the food temperature was right. We ate in all 3 a la carte restaurants as well. The food in all of them was good, but as our daughter prefers vegetarian food, the main dining hall suited us all better. There was never a mad early morning rush for bed chairs round the pools, and we tended to sit on the decking by the activities pool so we could be near the sea and the breeze. There is also a grill where you can get burgers/pizza etc - so the kids were pleased! The kids say it is the best holiday we have ever been on, and we agree! The beach is long, and because it is the Atlantic side, the waves can get a little choppy, but the sea was so warm it was a pleasure to walk along the beach each day. Most days you could play beach volleyball and some days cricket. Vernon put us through our paces most mornings in his aqua fit class (then we felt justifed in going straight to the bar after!). The grounds are beautiful. And if you are lucky enough to visit, you have to go and meet the four donkeys! And their friend Spot the dog. Don't worry about the closeness of the airport. There were so few planes taking off that it was not a problem, more a novelty. What else can I say? You have to go to CBay if you get the chance! Relax in paradise and come back home with a smile on your face and some beautiful memories to treasure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!