“Nice trip spoiled by one event.”

Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
stamford
“Nice trip spoiled by one event.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Pretty nice place, especially for my 8 year old son, who absolutely loved the Kidz Club. Food good, access to beach, hotel amenities fine. However, some of the hotel staff can be rude, though most were pleasant. Be very careful with valuables in room, as I found out. You must use safe, as I painfully discovered. I reported the incident, and was most displeased with the handling thereof.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 184michael
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear 184Michael.
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am happy you did enjoy your time with us. We do provide the convenience of a safe in every room for the safe keeping of valuables. I am extremely comfortable in saying that we have the most caring and professional staff who daily turn in items lost or misplaced by guests throughout the resort. Your particular housekeeper has won awards and received rewards from guests for her honesty. I had hoped that along side our security and management team you would have allowed us to search for your ring.
We all hope your ring does turn up and we will certainly contact you if it does

Cheers
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,701)
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is the first time we have tried an all inclusive resort and at first we thought we made a mistake in choosing this resort. As mentioned by others the rooms are a little dated, though they are large and actually comfortable. What the rooms lack in decor is more then made-up by the excellent staff, who can't seem to do enough. We tried each of the restaurants and the wait staff is attentative, however there was one server in particular, Janette who was exceptional. Janette has a love and knowledge of food which allows her to explain in detail the dishes. In addition, she has the proper knowledge of food service and she could easily work in any five star restaurant in NYC. While the food itself was only average who goes to the islands for food. The resort is right on the beach with a constant breeze, it is on the Atlantic and not the caribbean ocean. In total we had a great time, the smiles and friendly greeting of every staff member is contagious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FrankF562
Toronto
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just returned from our first one week stay at Coconut Bay Resort. The bonus of being in our beautiful freshly decorated hotel room (Harmony Side, Room 449), barely more than 1/2 hour of stepping off the plane, was such an added treat. I can't comment on the Splash Side rooms as I didn't see them.

We found this resort to be very clean and well taken care of. I had read complaints here about the food in the buffet, but I honestly don't know why. I don't eat fish, and I'm pretty picky about what I eat, and I always found a good selection to choose from, and it was different every day. The breads, soups and desserts were excellent (possibly too good!). We ate in the buffet, as well as the Italian Restaurant, and a special Couples Only dinner around the adult pool deck one night. The BBQ night was excellent and so much work must go into setting up all those tables and food outside.

One little thing we really appreciated, was that for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the tables in the buffet restaurant are set with fresh white tablecloths and napkins. Extra work for the staff, but much nicer than paper place mats and napkins. It just adds to the atmosphere.

Also, we usually try to do all inclusive when we travel south, and it was great not to have to wear a silly wrist band, or to sign your name every time you ordered a drink. Just give your room number to the hostess at meal times only.

Without exception, the staff we came in contact with were always smiling, helpful and polite. I especially want to mention a young man named Ken, who I started to call Mr. Coconut Bay, as he seemed to be working every corner of the resort. What a great attitude, and smile he has! My husband said to me that he suspects one day Ken will advance into hotel management.

Also Shirley that cared for our room, did a wonderful job. We never did actually see her, but we've travelled enough to know when a hotel room has been well looked after, and ours certainly was. I constantly drink water, and every day our fridge had bottled water.

The only other name I can recall is Kendall, a gentleman in the buffet restaurant who we spoke to. The staff there, especially the girls who seat you, are so sweet and friendly.

I wish I could remember more names of specific individuals that helped to make our holiday so great, but unfortunately, I can't.

The sun tracker beds on the adult side are EXCELLENT! Also the hammocks are wonderful. I loved them. We don't have children and this side of the resort appealed greatly to us.

I won this vacation, but regardless of that, it was a great one. If I hadn't liked it, I would definitely say so.

I only gave a 4 out of 5 for two reasons. One problem I saw was the lack of shade at the pools, especially around the middle pool where there is 0 shade. You can't take hours of hot sun when you aren't used to it. Reason two, and this is our personal preference, we found that in the afternoon around the adult pool, the noise level from the bar was irritating and we would move.

If you are considering choosing Coconut Bay Resort for your Saint Lucia vacation, rest assured you will be well taken care of. If you want a clean, comfortable resort, you've got it. There are many upgrades that have obviously been made, and it is evident. If you are looking for a high end, upscale resort, this may not be for you. To us, Coconut Bay provided just about everything we wanted in a vacation. I'm sure that we'll be return guests one day.

Thanks to Coconut Bay for this lovely vacation.

Room Tip: We had room 449 on the Harmony (adult) side. Newly decorated, beautiful view of the ocean. Loved i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Cherryg
London, UK
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a good time here.

Mostly suitable for families with kids or mature singles/couples who aren't looking for nightlife.

Room pretty good. TV set was a bit small & old but one doesn't really go to places like this to watch a lot of television.

Food was of a high standard - not loads of different restaurants to choose from but the ones they had were all enjoyable.

Drinks & so on were fine.

Location the best thing about it - it's really a huge bonus to be just on the doorstep of the airport. I've been to superior [and more expensive] resorts on the North of the island that are a dreadful pain to get to on bumpy roads.

Also the water slides & pools very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TFP2London_UK
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2013

At first glance at the room you get the feel if you have chosen the right hotel or not however as you start discovering the place you are sure to be delighted with your choice.

The rooms are ok and clean but not fatastic. Beds are good. Bathrooms do not have a bath, only a stand-in shower. Enough storage space, iron and tea-coffee making facilities.

The resort and especially the kids club are fantastic. I could hardly kept my daughter away from the wonderful ladies at the kids club especially Nasha.

The buffet restaurent is great with excellent good with plenty of variety. I would recommend fish. Pastries are delicious too.

Gym is hot and the machines are old but if you feel guilty after all that eating it is there to burn a few calories.

Pools are clean and warm. Lazy river is a bit too lazy but good fun. Water slide is fun too. All pools are only 4ft deep maximum. Bars are great and theme nights are wonderful, share there are only 2 a week.

Location of the resort doesn't appear great at first but itis one of the driest place on the island. You appreciate that when you see how much it rains in the rain forest area not too far away. It is very close to the airport but with only 6-8 flights a day its not like Heathrow.

Beech is clean, at times has a lot of sea weed washed up but you can easily find a spot without it on the mile long beech. non motorised Watersports are included and good fun.

Sea in April was pleasently warm and although on the atlantic side, the waves are gentle due to a reef breaking the waves half a mile before getting to the shore.

All in all, excellent value for money and highly recommended for families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Shropshire
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Returned to UK today following the most amazing 11 nights. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone, especially families. My two boys 9 & 13 had a great time & we all enjoyed the slides & lazy river. Entertainment team great, especially Samanfer who walked us into Viuex Fort and took us around. (I would not recommend doing that without a guide). The boys particularly enjoyed beach cricket & volleyball. First impression of hotel when the gorgeous Kenwood opened the taxi door was wow! What a welcome. My mom & mom in law thought he was the best. The food was out of this world - by far the best all inclusive resort we have been to. We tried all restaurants but preferred the buffet as there was more choice. We were disappointed not to get a top floor revamped room, but once settled, we realised the room was more than adequate for our needs & one of the most comfortable hotel beds ever. My husband is usually asking for painkillers after the first night, but not here. The bed was also a good size which we are used to. Nothing worse than being squashed in a tiny bed. Valencia looked after us & kept the room spotless. The shower was fantastic - always plenty of hot water. The front of house team were very attentive to all our needs. All staff, with one exception, were delightful & nicer people I have yet to meet. Well done to everyone. Loved the little welcome touch which I won't spoil for anyone who follows CBay on Facebook. We will definitely go again, which is a first for us. The Grenadines tour is very pricey for a family but what an experience flying on an 8 seater plane over those jewels in the ocean, then sailing around the islands, snorkelling with turtles & through a barrier reef. The beaches were like paradise, particularly Palm Island. We also did a land & sea tour which was a full day including lunch overlooking the Pitons & snorkelling again, also doing the mud springs which was quite an experience. The roads heading north are very winding & fast, so anti sickness tablets for the kids are a must. We are so pleased we did not choose a hotel north of the island, as this trip on top of an 8 hr flight would have been horrific. CBay is about 2 mins away from the airport by car, but as explained before, does not affect the resort in any way. There are so few flights every day that it really does not bother you, in fact the odd ones you see are great to watch. A couple of other staff we noticed in particular, were Hannah & Tyler in the restaurant. Tyler had the most beautiful smile and Hannah was particularly attentive. As for BA, the flights were on time & they were very efficient. The premium economy seats on the way back for the overnight flight were great as economy is very tight for space. The food was ok, and the film selection was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank I-love-to-shop-more
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent 14 nights at the coconut bay resort and spa for my wife's 40th birthday. The staff at this resort are some of the most friendly people I have ever come across,a credit to the resort. A big shout out to Mervin who took care of our bags the moment we arrived and always made time for a little chat each day,a top guy. Big Ted with his singing,Kay and her welcoming smile at the lobby bar all the reception girls and all staff in general thank you so much for making our stay a very happy one. Also met some fantastic fellow tourists,big Douglas from Colorado celebrating his 30th and sharing lunch with us over looking the pitons,amazing and unforgettable view,also Mike and his family from Chicago,pound me Mikey (St Lucian hand shake). This hotel does not claim to be 5 star but it is clean with lots to do on a beautiful island with beautiful people. If I was to have any criticism on this hotel it would be the decor of the rooms and maybe the entertainment could be better on certain nights. We had a 4th floor splash upgrade with great views of the ocean and well kept gardens but the rooms in our opinion could do with a total revamp as they look dated and tired. No need for an alarm clock on the splash side,the donkeys will do the job for you on most mornings eeeeeeyyy aaaaaawww,we took them apples one afternoon which were gladly accepted. The closeness to the airport is another big bonus,5 minute drive and your stood in reception with a cold rum punch,just the job after a long flight. Would we go back to this resort,probably not as the world is a big place to explore with lots of places to see but we would definately say this hotel offers good value for money for first timers to St Lucia.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!