We visited St Lucia last week for my Uncle's wedding at the Coconut Bay Resort and Spa. 14 of us went on the holiday / wedding trip, ages ranging from 17yrs to mid 50's and we all enjoyed it as much as each other. Me and my partner are 25 & 26.
We flew with Virgin, which meant that from the minute we boarded the plane, we were all inclusive. Recommended! Plus the plane was only half full going both ways, so we could stretch out. Two people to every four seats!
On first impressions when we arrived late at night, it seemed odd that the lobby, restaurant, bar and entertainment area, as well as the access to the rooms, were all open to each other. However, this turned out to be a great feature of the hotel. Especially as there were a few of us, it meant is was an open space where we could all sit together, and always have someone we knew in sight. It gave the hotel a great 'lets all join in' atmosphere.
The Pool areas off of the lobby were lovely, bright and fresh. The beach was very well kept to the left of the hotel, but more rugged and natural to the right.
We spent most of our time in the Adults pool area which we nicknamed 'Saga Corner'! But it was really relaxing and it felt like you were in your own private area. Perfect!
The gardens did not have a twig out of place. The gardener even hand picked us some flower petals to throw on the wedding day.
The rooms were spacious yet comfortable, the air con very efficient, and the balconies had great views.
All the staff were very helpful, happy and chatty. Junias on the beach bar was so pleasant, bringing drinks and sandwiches round in the afternoon. And Big Ted and Sting Ray on the main bar always had cocktail ideas!
The best i think was H in the late bar and nightclub. There was only 4 of us who wanted to dance but he organised a DJ and food for us and kept the drinks flowing!
My only niggle about this resort, is that the lobby bar closed at about 12am and the nightclub at 1am. It would of been nice to drink a little later some nights as you are in the pool till nearly 7!
The good thing about the bars in this hotel was that not only were local basic drinks like rum, brandy etc, available, but they had Heineken and Piton beer on draught, Malibu, baileys, wines, pernod etc. All the same drinks that you'd find behind the bar in your local. The fruit drinks are just what you need to refresh your pallet in the middle of the day too!
The a la carte restaurants were fantastic, however, you don't get much food on your plates so feel free to order two or three of each course. The buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner had such a wonderful range of foods. The fish of the day was always excellent!
The wedding services were second to none. The co-ordinator was lovely, on hand everyday to sort any last minute things. The gazebo and function room (building) was decorated with fresh flowers. We had champagne coming out of our ears! The meal was out of this world aswell.
I could go on forever about how much I enjoyed my week here, we've only been back 4 days and are planning to go again next year. I wish we could go back today, but I suppose I have to go to work! :(
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.
M&M Cumbria x
Ps. the hot tub is a must last thing each day, followed by a Pina Colada before changing for dinner!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort