This is our second visit to Coconut Bay, travelling with our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren... We chose this resort again for a few reasons. It is very family oriented, close to the airport (5 minute transfer), great beach for long walks, good food, and friendly staff who are wonderful with the kids.
The check in process is very quick and efficient. There was fresh rum punch waiting for the adults, and the kids had fruit punch. We quickly got our rooms, put away the luggage, got our bathing suits on and headed for the beach.
Two nights we ate outdoors; 1 western BBQ night with country music, and the other was a Caribbean night with a steel drum band. The food was great, lots to pick from. On the days that we did not go on excursions, we ate at the outdoor beach grill for lunch which serves great pizza, wraps, salads, fish sandwiches, wings, burgers, dogs and fries. The indoor buffet for breakfast and supper was good. There were fresh fruits, salads, plenty of choices of meats/fish, potatoes/rice, and lots of deserts. There is a buffet just for the kids at their own height, where they could get their own food.
The bartenders really deserve a special mention (don’t remember names), but there was more than one who actually served the grandchildren in turn, and didn’t pass them by to take an adults order first - I know because I was watching. The kids have their own drink menu, and I think that makes them feel special.
The only thing different this year was the $250 resort credit. It was given last year as well, but this year it was spelled out in a letter how it should be spent - $50 in gift shop, $75 in spa, $75 in adventure desk etc.
In my opinion, if you are given a $250 gift, you should be the one to decide how to spend it.
Overall we were very satisfied with the service, food and cleanliness of the resort. You never know, we just might make it back next year.
** P.S. Don't forget the about the donkeys - they love apples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, West Indies and Jetsetter so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort