Take my advise. Do not go to this hotel if you are not bringing at least one child with you.
As a former employee at Walt Disney World I saw parrallels of this hotel to the famous amusement park. Coconut bay is beautiful and grand. It has 3 pools and waterpark built into the resort. It really feels like it has everything a resort could want. But I stress the feels like. So here is why I realllly didn't like it.
1. The room smelled. Not sure what the funk was but I couldn't get it out of the room. Two other friends of mine complained of the same smell in their room. Like bad air freshener trying and failing to cover up mildew.
2. The buffet was BAD. I'm a guy that will eat just about anything. It was bad. It's the first time I've thrown away pecan pie (my all time favorite). I couldn't eat my chicken sandwich at the beach bar either. It was that bad. The other two restruants were booked 2 days out so if you go book before you leave the US.
3. Customer service suffered. 3 times I asked an employee a question and they simply said "I don't know" and walked away. I asked where to reserve a dinner reservation and was sent upstairs. upstairs sent me back down to who I asked the first time. they then sent me to the front desk. The front desk sent me to customer service who told me it was booked. I wanted to use the internet. I asked the front desk and they sent me to customer service. waited with no one at the customer service counter for 20 minutes. When he arrived he sent me back to the front desk to scan my credit card who then sent me back to customer service(where I waited in line) to get to use a computer at a high way robbery per minute internet rate.
4. They don't sweat the small stuff. No towels in the towel bins. Water arrobics instructor instructed outside the water. Didn't contact me about my flight cancelation. Arranged my taxi to airport 4 hours before I took off when airport is a 2 minute cab ride.
5. The beach.... stunk. Lots of sea weed. It was windy. If you get to this place and really don't like it. Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 8 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort