Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Tet Rouge Resort(La Pointe)
$249
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$275
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$578
$272
Orbitz.com
$400
$491
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$428
$415
Serenity at Coconut Bay(Vieux Fort)
TripAdvisor
6,441 results
All reviewslazy riverwater slideskids clubswim up barcoconut baythe grillst luciaadult poolatlantic sidebuffet restauranta la carte restaurantssomething for everyonesea grassmud bathgift shopcaribbean nightentertainment staff
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at Coconut Bay the first week in December for 4 nights. It was just what we were looking for. My husband and I traveled with another couple and we stayed in a Harmony Oceanfront room. The rooms were nice, clean and spacious. We were not in one of the remodeled rooms but it was perfectly acceptable. The resort as a whole can use some sprucing up, but it shouldn't discourage you from visiting. I loved that it was so close to the airport! You are not bothered at all by the noise of overhead flights. As other reviewers have said, the staff at this hotel is outstanding. The first night there, we met Mariette Harris, and ran into her everyday. She greeted us with a smile everytime! Mac at the Blu Bar was great, we enjoyed watching all our US sporting events with him! We ate at all three specialty restaurants with Silk being our favorite. The chef, Andrea was outstanding. Ask for his special ribs or chicken wings if you go (ask in advance, as they are not on the menu). When we told him we were returning a second night, he prepared some specialties for us. It was great. The pools were clean, and I suppose we were there off season so they were pretty empty. My only disappointment was the beach. Although the staff tries it's best to keep it clean and seaweed free, it's impossible to do so. Also, because it's on the Atlantic side, you don't get that real clear blue Caribean Sea color. It was warm though, and we didn't encounter any jellyfish. The nighttime entertainment was fine. Not only is the staff so nice, they are also talented. The drinks were ok....a bit watered down, but I have been to many all inclusive resorts and these were no better or worse than the others I've stayed at. For the money, Coconut Bay was perfect. I will definately return some day! We also did the half day snorkel excursion which we booked through the hotel. It was a lot of fun (despite the rain). Again, the crew on the catermeran were very accomodating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paula C
Reviewed December 26, 2012

First of all I'm not one to complain...but this resort was by far the worst I've ever been to!! My Husband and I were suppose to go to St. Lucia for a friends wedding/our honeymoon, and thank goodness the wedding was cancel because they would have been extremely disappointed with this resort. Our first impressions of the lobby was nice and the staffed seemed to be good, but everything was down hill from there. We were taken to our ground level room which was a average room, we did have glass doors with a nice view, but had to lock the door by putting a 2x4 piece of wood in the jam. The bathroom was small and had a tiny shower that looked like it had not been cleaned, the water pressure was low and had luke warm water. At the time, my husband and I were okay we don't care about the room anyhow...but things kept getting worse. The Adult side of the resort is laughable, small pool and a even smaller bar. The block patio around the pools were un-level and you found yourself trying not to trip and fall. Every sign was rusted and looked like it hadn't been painted for some time. In fact the whole resort look that way...run down, no up-keep. The beach was tiny and full of sea-weed all the time, a staff member on a tractor would go threw several times a day trying to pick up the sea-weed but it didn't help much. There was a electrical problem one day by the swim up bar, which meant no blended drinks. Staff would fog for bugs in the early evenings, which don't get me wrong I'm happy they were controling bugs, but should that be done at night? The Beach Grill had very slow service, the first night we had to wait a hour to get food which to me is unexceptable at a all inclusive resort. It would have been fine to wait if the food was good, but the only thing worth eating was the pizza. The cable for the T.V went out and a staff member decided in the middle of the night that it was okay to just come in our room. (could this be something you would just slip under the door??) There was hardly any entertainment at night, thank goodness we met fun people and were able to make the most of it. The food wasn't horrible at the resturants, Silks was by far the best. The Island it self is beautiful lots of good excursions. But Coconut bay was not worth the money, we've stayed at different resorts for a lot less and had much better experiences. I will never recommend this resort unless major renovations were done.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had a great time. The resort had everything one needed to relax or not. The food was plentiful and very good, not to mention great drinks. Staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Will certainly return, no reason not to. Special thanks to Junias, he is a great asset to the resort with his pleasant and humorous personna.

Room Tip: I like the top floor center.Stayed on the Harmony side.Great ocean view and sunrise. Just have to get up early, that was the only problem during the week.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick A
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Every time I visit Coconut Bay, it’s a great experience that gets even better. The staff is great – one of the best anywhere in the islands. Coconut Bay provides an upscale authentic Saint Lucian experience at a very reasonable cost. They have integrated even more native foods into the menu and the entertainment really gives you the island’s feel.

I took some time out to visit the spa, which is world class. It’s a must-stop during your stay. I also met their new kite surfing team and had a chance to see the newly built watersports center. Make this another must-stop while you’re there and learn to kite surf. On the same stretch of beach is the new beach wedding area for those who want to get married right at the beach. Coconut Bay has done a great job of creating a wonderful venue for beach weddings. They still have the gazebo where our daughter was married, but this gives couples one more option.

I also booked the sunset catamaran trip out of Soufriere. This is another must-stop in my opinion. The boat is located very close to the hotel, so it’s just a short cab ride. Great boat, great crew, great experience.

Finally, let me say that I am amazed and sometimes shocked at the negative reviews that I see posted on Trip Advisor about Coconut Bay. I wonder if these people really stayed at the same place I did! Coconut Bay isn’t perfect (very few places are) but it represents one of the greatest overall values in the Caribbean, and the most fun. That’s why there’s no place my wife would rather go, regardless of price.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, and the new Junior Suites in Harmony are worth the few extra dollars paid.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank CSNDTraveler
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The staff made this trip. The buffet food was very good but the specialty restaurants were very inconsistent. We talked to a number of people that had very different experiences depending on the night the visited these restaurants.
Of special note are the following staff:
Samanfer - Entertainment
Jedi - Great Buffet service
Jill - Buffet Hostess
Mitch - Bartender pool side
Fatta - Bartender pool side
Kay - Bartender pool side
Rooms on the Adult side 3rd floor were good but we saw a number of rooms being renovated.
Overall a great value for the price. Being on the Atlantic side meant an offshore breeze kept the insects away most of the time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends