My husband and I spent 5 nights at Coconut Bay in December via a JetBlue Getaways package. We agonized over what property to choose and ended up selecting Coconut Bay based on the tripadvisor reviews. Now we are wondering how many of these reviewers actually stayed at this hotel. To give this property 5 stars is laughable. If there was a .5 star option, we'd give it 2.5 stars. The rooms are along the lines of a Comfort Inn: flat pillows, stratchy bedding and an uncomfortable mattress. We stayed in a Garden View room on the Harmony side. You would think that the adults only side would be all King beds but our room had two doubles. The other downside to the room was the bathroom. There was no bathtub, only a shower, and the shower was no more than 3' x 3' in size.
This was our first time staying at an all inclusive and we looked forward to enjoying great meals right at the hotel. But, other than breakfast, our meals were all disappointing. We had a feeling that all of the food came from some industrial food supplier. Silk was the absolute worst. My beef and peppers entree tasted like a Lean Cuisine. Our waitress actually asked us if we were ready for our main course. We said yes and she came right back out with the food. It must be all be sitting in huge warming trays.
Despite all of this, there are a few positives to this hotel. The proximity to the airport (less than 5 minutes drive) is fantastic and we loved having a long stretch of beach to ourselves. The lazy river was a huge hit, as were the water slides (even if the joints along the slides need to be re soldered). The drink selections were endless and I drank many, many dirty bananas. Breakfast had a nice array of breads and pastries, fruit, and made to order eggs. Also, we loved the free Monday afternoon rum tasting with Hamilton. We must have sampled 16 different rums.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 8 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, West Indies, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort