“My Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Red Deer, Canada
“My Wedding”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had 14 people come with me to the Coconut Bay for my Wedding. Overall the resort is good. I would agree with the other posters that say that the resort is run down however while we were there there was a lot of renovating going on so I think that they are doing some much needed improvements. Our rooms were clean and thats all that mattered to me.

The food was the best I have ever had on an All Inclusive. It was really great. For my wedding they provided beautifully presented food. It was perfect.

The grounds were good. Cocoland was great. Alice was awesome and always was asking about our kids and was just so good with them! I can't say enough good about her!

Hammy in the upstairs lounge, was awesome. He treated us so great. What a fantastic guy.

Small J.. also great. Played with my kids. Was super nice.

Chantelle took care of my wedding. She was great. Very detailed and organized. However there was a few communication problems. The venue.. I chose to get married at the eternity beach and as I am walked down the isle they tell me I am not getting married in the gazebo. Apartently some one else changed there venue and they mistook her for me.. I was not and still am not impressed with how it was dealt with.
I don't blame Chantelle, however when you pay that kind of money to travel 9 hours to get married on a beach I expected to be treated a little better. The manager of the weddings, Tori? met with us. She went on and on trying to excuse the mistake and making excuses for what happened. It got a little overboard. Don't go into a meeting where you have screwed up with out some sort of plan. I don't care how sorry you are that was my wedding! Then interupt my dinner to give me 300$ back. Thanks a lot it cost over 10000 for the trip and that wedding that you screwed up!
And at check out I had to question them about some of the spa charges... it went on for the entire day and in the end it was never really explained. I was supposed to get 15% off all spa.. I didn't. And they would tell me how much my spa purchases were normally so I could figure out if I was ripped off or not. Plus they were trying to tell me that I only get 15% off before the wedding not after?? If that is the case you need to update your wedding packages cause it does not say that anywhere.

Overall we had a good time. No I would not go back. It was hit or miss for how well you were treated some of the employee's went above and beyond some were rude some clearly just didnt care.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cindie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,742)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We are just back from CBay and had a wonderful time. All I can do is echo the fantastic comments that have already been said in earlier reviews.
We stayed as a couple from 26 nov to 11 dec and enjoyed every minute. Bar tenders Akon and Junias will have you in fits of laughter in the adult pool bar. Cocktails are fantasic. I lived on Coconut clouds, Splish Splash and Dirty Bananas for a fornight.
The entertainment team work very hard to keep everyone amused and put on great shows both themselves and with help from professional acts brought in at night. A special mention to Anson who always had time to stop and speak to make you feel welcome.
Also, Samanfer had a very similar warm welcoming attitude has an incredible talent for dancing as you will see!
All staff were lovely but the list would be extensive to mention them all.

Food in any of the restaurants is absolutely superb. There are 3 a la carte themed, a buffet and the beach grill. I would quite happily have eaten in the buffet every night as the choice and quality of food is second to none and I have travelled quite extensively.

The resort is on a lovely stretch of beach and has a very welcome breeze to keep you cool throughout the day. Yes seaweed washes up but this is cleared daily by staff and does not detract from the natural beauty of the beach.

I have to mention the staff at the Cbay watersports just a few minutes stroll up the beach. They are Bruno,Marko,Pedro and Luis. These Potruguese guys have been taken over to promote kite and winsurfing in the hotel and they are a tremendous group of guys who are very professional but also made us feel very welcome and have a great sense of humour. I signed up for an initial course in Kite surfing after chatting with these guys for a few days. There was no pressure. I wish I had done this earlier in the holiday as I enjoyed it so much. A special mention to Luis who was my instructor. A really nice guy with a natural talent for teaching ( and lots of patience).

My only slight negative ( if I was to really picky) is the rooms decor are a bit tired and need updating. I did speak to the new manager only through conversation and he told me they have already started a refurb programme. The rooms are clean and large and have a good selection of channels on the flat screen TV.The bed was very comfortable. Very adequate for hols as lets face it, how long are you in your room.

Pool areas are extensive and there are LOTS of sunbeds. No need to get out of bed early to reserve.
All in all, we would return to Cbay in a heartbeat and probably will do within the next 12 months, see you there!
Daryl and Mo

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Daryl S
london, ontario
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I just returned from a Westjet vacation booked through Selloffvacations. Everything at the resort met or exceeded my expectations. The entire staff was excellent. They just hired a new executive chef. The food was excellent. Other reviews complain about the beach. If you walk one minute in either direction on their beach you could always find a beautiful peaceful spot away from any noise to enjoy your music and reading, especially near the spa area. Being 4 minutes from the airport was great. No problem with noise at all. My assessment is based on having paid $1500 for one week, tax included.

The only let down was the ripoff by Westjet. They promised a $250 resort credit which was supposed to be good for tours, gift shop etc. The tour desk and the gift shop would not honour it. I called Westjet and they would not refund the $250 I spent on a tour.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eastwood00
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This resort was fantastic. My fiance and I spent a week here and our bartender Junias made our stay. If you ever stay at coconut bay make sure you stop by the adult bar and enjoy his entertaining ways. We stayed on the adult side and it was so peaceful and beautiful. The staff was amazing and very entertaining. We toured the beautiful town of soufriere and it is a must if you come to st. Lucia. The restaurants were phenomenal, food was unbelievable and the service was even better.

We hope to be back soon and visit the craziest bartender on the island. SEE YOU LATER SUCKERS - junias

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ajk429
Mamaroneck, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from our 8th visit to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa. We were last there six months ago in May 2012. Please see my three other reviews of this property.

What more can we say than "we love this resort." For us, it has EVERYTHING: close to the airport (5 minutes away); nice to exceptional accommodations; great pools; wonderful food; exciting entertainment; small, but adequate, beach; waterfront activities; great spa with very relaxing massages; amazing bars where you can get any drink you want; activities for children (but separate from the adult's side of the property); immaculate facilities; but MOST of all is the remarkable staff.

Since our last visit, the hotel has reupholstered the lobby sofa cushions of which there are many. They have also changed the decor of the Silk Chinese Restaurant as well as modifying all the restaurant menus. The Internet has been improved, but still needs some tweaking as the WiFi signal often fades.

What really makes CBay Resort special is the spirit of the people who clearly want to make sure that you have a good time. Of importance is the fact that we have been coming to this resort since 2008, averaging about twice per year. Although there have been changes in the management, most of the staff are the same - also indicative that they enjoy working there!

We would like to acknowledge with thanks some of the staff who have made our stay so enjoyable:

Reservations:

Behind the Activities Desk:
Catherine
Michi

Children Activities:
Mia - too bad my wife and I are too old to be in the kids group!

Even Peter (Bill) Clercin who makes sure that all the towels are clean and that there is an adequate supply of fresh ones stopped by to make sure we were having a fine time!

Last, but not least, we would be remiss in not including members of the Administration without whose minute to minute attention to details CBay Resort would not be the same: thanks to Paul Cluzen and Craig Dennehy for providing such wonderful reservation services; to Gregorson Vitalis for his expert guest services; to Chris (Paul) Chin who is always around making sure that everything is working well in the main dining room, bars, and in other facilities; to Jeffrey Goldstein who is so attentive to the food services; to Executive Chief Adrian and Sou-Chief Adrian for their scrumptious and beautifully served meals; to Keisha Sanderson for her delicious pastries; to Clyde Edwardson for watching over the food and beverage services; and finally to the newest member of the team, the captain of the ship, Mark Hawken, who was always around checking to make sure that all services were working in exceptional fashion.

We look forward to returning for our 9th time in 2013!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Trinidad
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Resort from November 19- 26th 2012.. During our time there, the breakfast was amazing, the lunch had alot of variety and the Caribbean cuisine was out of this world!!! Every night there was a lot of entertainment with live shows and the disco which was pumpin by Jason!! We enjoyed the waterslides also and the swim up bars which we enjoyed having shots by the pool.. Most of all, we could not get enough of the paintball shooting!! The best night was when they had Lady Lyn whom we could not get enough of also, she had me and my husband wining to the ground and broke a sweat from all of the dancing..

I would recommend this resort to anyone who are willing to enjoy themselves and have a good time...

I also want to big up people working at the resort who are Jason, Ritney, Jamara, Wendy (Entertainment crew), Dahliah, Small J, Ken etc.. They work really hard, and do a great job at keeping the resort lively and up to par!! I really hope we can return when we do have kids of our own!!

Sarah and Shivayan
Trinidad & Tobago

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SarahVana
Harrisburg
Reviewed December 8, 2012

A group of six of us all agree that the staff is the most important asset for cbay resort. Our stay for a week was very pleasant from check in to check out. We enjoyed the meals at all of the restaurants however we couldn't be accommodated for six at calabash which was upsetting after spending nearly 10 grand between all of us but life goes on. We all used the spa and got massages which were excellent. We walked to vieux fort city which was very appealing for the wife and I. We visited soufriere, castries as well. What a pretty island and remarkably clean for Caribbean island standards. We took a catamaran snorkle tour around the pitons and the zipline tour at the plantation. Our last night we ate at Debbies restaurant and the locals we right definitely worth taken a night off the resort. Splendid food I'm upset we only got one meal there. Anyway a few all star staff you should all get to know is big ted, small j, mitch, fatta, dahlia, and donna d. One more shout out goes to michi from barefoot excursions. Some of our cab drivers were also very informative moses and lester i loved learning about your culture and cuisine. One love your friends from pa!

• Stayed December 2012
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!