After debating between this hotel and the St Lucian by Rex, I made the decision to stay at this hotel, with some reservations. However I was delighted with my stay at the Coconut Bay Resort, which I felt represented good value for money. Yes there are areas in which the hotel could be improved, but by doing so this would escalate the cost. Check in was quick and efficient with a cool flannel and drink provided. Bedrooms are a decent size, bathrooms quite small but fully functional and are kept immaculate by the housekeepers. Coconut Walk buffet serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and provides a decent variety to suit all tastes, the food is basic and simply but well cooked and edible. In addition there is the beach grill, which is open until 1am, if you get the late night munchies and serves generally fast food. Most days there was a BBQ buffet served on the terrace next to the beach grill. Upstairs are the two speciality restaurants, Bellagio - Italian and Silk - Asian. Both of these restaurants are well worth a visit, the only downside is that you have to get up early 8am ish to book for the next day.
Entertainment was varied and there were some great bands that had the guests up and dancing all evening.
The entertainment staff worked hard to entertain the guests but there was no pressure to take part in activities. It could get noisy around the pool area where the water aerobics and pool volleyball took place, however there is an adults only pool and although it was within a stones through of all the main activities it was surprisingly quiet. Whilst there they were building a bar area there as at the present they use a portable bar with limited drinks and facilities
The spa is a nice peaceful escape for a little bit of pampering with a full range of treatments available.
As the hotel is on the Atlantic Ocean, the sea can be choppy and not quite as calm as the Caribbean, however you are able to swim and it is much warmer than the sea in England. The beach does get alot of seaweed however this is cleared twice a day by maintenance staff and there is a stretch of beach that can be used for sunbathing.
The staff deserve a special mention, they are a great team and go a long way to make sure you have a great time. Please remember to say thanks to them, it goes a long way. The St Lucian’s are mad on English football and if you are travelling from England and have any English newspaper they will greatly appreciate these.
I had a holiday to remember in St Lucia and the CBR provided everything I needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort