Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Tet Rouge Resort(La Pointe)
$279
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$206
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$521
$509
$680
$693
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$428
$415
Serenity at Coconut Bay(Vieux Fort)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,392 results
All reviewslazy riverwater slideskids clubswim up barcoconut baythe grillst luciaadult poolatlantic sidebuffet restauranta la carte restaurantssomething for everyonesea grassmud bathgift shopcaribbean nightentertainment staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I visited St. Lucia from 10/29/2011-11/04/2011 with a friend and had a FANTASTIC time at the Coconut Beach Resort & Spa. Below is a breakdown on the resort:

ROOM. This resort has two different sections – family and adult. We stayed at the Harmony section of the resort – which is for adults. Our room was located on the 3rd floor and contained 2 Queen size beds and a balcony. The balcony had a spectacular view of the grounds, pool, beach and lush green mountains. I believe all of the rooms have a great view of the beach but if you are on the top floors, the view is spectacular. The only thing I would change would be the bathroom – it needs to be updated but it was clean.

BEACH. The resort is located on the Atlantic Ocean side. The water was like bath water – nice and warm. The sand was soft and fluffy. There were no seashells. I have never been to the Caribbean where the beach had no seashells. Prior to going to St. Lucia, we read on the internet that the beaches in St. Lucia were experiencing an unusual large amount of seaweed. Yes, indeed, there was a lot of seaweed. The staff at the resort did a great job in getting rid of the seaweed on the sand by raking it. As for the water, once you passed the portion near the shore which contained a lot of seaweed, the water was clean. There were pieces of seaweed floating here and there in the water but that did not bother me at all. I was at the beach every morning and enjoyed every minute of it.

BEACH CHAIRS. Finding a beach/lounge chair at the beach or near pool was no problem. The resort is huge and has more than enough beach chairs to accommodate its guests -- which is a great plus for a resort.

POOL. The resort has several pools. One pool in particular is huge. There is even a pool with a water slide and a lazy river – which was a lot of fun. Most of the afternoons, we were at poolside. It was clean and wonderful.

GROUNDS. BREATHTAKING!!! There were beautiful plants, palm trees, flowers, colorful evergreens, lawn and banana trees. The resort did a wonderful job in keeping up with the grounds – they even trimmed the palm trees. The resort is very scenic -- the grounds, pools, beach, Atlantic Ocean, and the green mountains. Did I mention breathtaking? St. Lucia is a very green island – weeds even grow on the sand.

TOURS. The resort has a tour desk which offers many different types of tours. We decided to go on the shopping tour which involved going to the town’s market. Town was 1 hour away from the resort and the road consisted of curve upon curve upon curve. I was getting motion sickness. Once in town, we had a nice time shopping and felt safe the entire time we were in town.
Weather. When went when it was still considered rainy season. Yes, it rained 4 out of the 6 days we were in St. Lucia but that did not matter. One minute it poured, the next minute was a hot and sunny. It was hot the entire week and there was always a warm, soothing and beautiful breeze. I came home with the darkest tan I ever got.

FOOD. Wow, the food was really, really good. The buffet restaurant had a different theme every night and every night it was DELICIOUS!! The beach grill was fabulous. I was adventurous in trying out food I never had before and ended up loving it. The cooks at the resort are great!! There was one particular cook at the beach grill that was very nice and accommodating. At this moment, I cannot remember her name but I believe it began with the letter V (her birthday was on 11/02/2011). By the second day of my vacation, she already knew the way that my friend liked her salad (no tomatoes, little onions, extra cucumbers and Italian dressing). I found it amazing that in a huge resort with so many guests that she would remember how my friend liked her salad.

ENTERTAINMENT. Every night after dinner there was always live entertainment. I especially enjoyed Barbara Cadet’s performance (she was amazing on the saxophone) and the performance by the country band. We even attended an adult pool party. The entertainment staff was wonderful in involving the audience.

STAFF. All of the workers (concierge, cooks, maids, waiters, maintenance crew, entertainment crew, ground keepers, bartenders, etc.) at the resort were very, very friendly and accommodating. They were always smiling and willing to assist you. I read reviews where there were comments about the staff being rude. I don’t know what those commentators are talking about. The staff was fantastic!!!

CLEANLINESS. The entire resort is very, very clean.

DRINKS. Oh the drinks! The bartenders were wonderful and the drinks were delicious. Move over Pina Colada, I now have a new favorite tropical drink – the Dirty Banana.

BOTTOM LINE. HAD A FANTASTIC TIME!!! I totally love St. Lucia and this all-inclusive resort. I will definitely return to St. Lucia and the Coconut Bay Resort & Spa!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to have a great view. The top floors have a fantastic view of the grounds and beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Suse67
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Has a fantastic 2 weeks with our 4 children. It was excellent - the children were happy and found plenty to occupy them all (ages 2 - 10). We were relaxed and pampered. Would defiantly recommend

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank SInedavis
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Coconut Bay is a great vacation spot! It has something for kids, adults and the young at heart! The stafff is pleasant and friendly, there are daily activities and plenty to keep you busy, or you can just relax and do nothing! It's right on the beachfront, but if you don't like sand, sit by the pool and overlook the sea sans sand! The lazy river was fun for adults and the kids passing us by were having fun too. There were lots of families with children enjoying themselves, providing plenty of entertainment for all, or if you'd rather not share your pool with children, there's an adult side where you can enjoy lots of peace and quiet. Traveling as a single female, I felt very safe and relaxed throughout my stay and would recommend Coconut Bay to anyone looking for a peaceful relaxing vacation. The staff was pleasant and food was above average for all inclusives I have experienced previously.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms don't have a beachfront view, they over look pools and gardens.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Denise B
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband had his 70th birthday at Coconut Bay on 24th October this year. What a fabulous way to celebrate a very special occasion! From the moment we stepped from the limousin sent to pick us up from our flight, and Wayne, the friendly 'meet and greeter' pressed a sangria into our hands, to when we sadly waved goodbye to Lennita and Chantelle on front desk, we loved every moment. We had been upgraded to the 4th floor of Harmony side which meant we had the BEST view of the ocean from our balcony and a HUGE bed, plus a fridge to keep the champagne cool! As others have reviewed, the facilities were many and varied, something for everyone, and as I have certain dietry issues, I was particularly pleased with the huge amount of choice at the buffet restaurant, which meant I never went hungry! Thanks particularly to Mary and Petula who looked after us so well, always with beaming smiles! And as for the cocktails - delicious and we learnt so much about mixology of the friendly bar staff, particularly Kinnion at the adult pool side bar. Sure, the beach is minimal, but the views from the sunbathing decks around the adult pool make up for it. We enjoyed the Lazy River, giggling like children as we negotiated the waterfall! I had spent a lot of time online to Cecile at the Miami office, arranging a very special romantic dinner for two in the wedding gazebo, right next to the sea, and a cake for my husband's birthday dinner, and was delighted to find that Junius, the lovely concierge, seemed as excited as me about the prospect of the evening. He had taken it upon himself to make sure everything was perfect and keep secret from my husband! The two ladies who looked after us that night were marvellous, discreet yet attentive when required. It was a very special memorable evening. The two theme nights were fun - pirates and cowboys - we took themed accessories and although not many did, I urge you to dress up a little - it all adds to the fun. We indulged in a sunset cruise on a catamaran from Castries, what a beautiful evening. And we took a private taxi up to the volcano and Botanical Gardens. Another great day out. Otherwise we just chilled. All in all, Victor was made to feel like a real celebrity and the whole week was just the tonic we both needed. Thanks again to Coconut Bay.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the top floor of Harmony section - the view over the palm trees is amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PhyllidaNorwich
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Great variety, as can have peace, vibrancy or a mixture, food good but need to improve the consistency of service given by staff, as often shown to table and asked if want tea or coffee or drinks with meal but were then forgotten so didn't have anything. But overall good, rooms clean and most staff friendly.

• Stayed: November 2011