“Wonderful experience at Lobster Pot.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vieux Fort
Lobster Pot Bay Beach Chalets
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Powassan, Canada
“Wonderful experience at Lobster Pot.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I spend 2 very wonderful relaxing weeks at SeaSide Cottage. The staff MaryAnna and Jannell were absolutely amazing. They accommodated me in every way possible. MaryAnna helped me move from CityView Guest House in Vieux Fort, where I spent one very unhappy week. The owners daughter at City View is the most unpleasant person. She should not be dealing with the public. SeaSide Cottage needs to be updated but I had everything I needed. It was clean and well air conditioned by the breeze from the Atlantic. I was right on the beach and I saw the most amazing cloud formations building up over the ocean, full moon in all its splendor, glistening across the waves. It was always thrilling to watch/hear the jets take off just beside us, wondering if the pax were sad to leave this beautiful island and where they were returning home too. I was so happy there I hardly left my large comfortable patio. Many local friends spend countless hours with me, they enjoyed the view so much. I enjoyed chatting with the local people as they started their day and tourists that wondered past. I would highly recommend this resort to my friends and family.I love being close to the local people. I had the most blessed
2 weeks at LOBSTER POT BAY. Ready to go back in minutes notice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MARILYNJOANNE

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Moose Factory, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I travelled to this cabin for a 1 month vacation and volunteering experience in Vieux Fort. The cabin is nothing like it is on its advertising and the emails that you get from the owner "Terrance". The website that is advertised is "http://st.lucia.com/lobsterpotbeachcottages.html". These cottages are also called Maria Island View Cottages. There was no water for 2 days, an insect infestation, sketchy characters stopping by and peeking into the windows and the grounds and beach are absolutely disgusting and covered in garbage. We were required to send a money transfer prior to arriving and give the rest in cash upon arrival, which we did. We did not stay beyond 4 days due to the conditions. We cannot and have not been able to get our money back. This place does not deserve to be rented ever.

Room Tip: Consider Coconut Bay Resort when staying in Vieux Fort.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
15 Thank Dominika9

Travelers are raving about these Vieux Fort hotels

Moose Factory, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Do NOT even consider this place to stay at. Terry/Terrance, the "owner" will be kind and more than generous before you arrive. In fact, he'll even offer to pick you up at the airport - the first sign of trouble was the fact that he wasn't there on arrival and only arrived after we borrowed a telephone from a local to call him - "he'll be right there".
Upon arrival, you realize that this place is absolutely nothing like it is on the advertisement that he emailed you/found online and furthermore it gets worse. The publicity photos were taken ~10 years ago before hurricanes hit and also before the beach became overgrown with seaweed and littered with garbage. There was no water for 2 whole days while we were there and the cottage was infested with ants and mosquitos.
We found that each day creepy/homeless-type men would sit on our patio or peek into the cottage. One day we returned from work to find our "cleaning lady" (Terry's girlfriend) had let herself into our house through the bedroom window while standing on a chair - only to leave both open and available for any random passer-by to let themselves in as well (which there are more than enough to do so). As well the back door was left open so she could get out.
There were no laundry facilities, air conditioner didn't work and no Wi-fi (as advertised). Well there was if you stood in the middle of the road.
We left after a week in disgust and did not even get a partial refund for our month-long rental. In fact, our phone calls were not answered and there has been no chance of getting the money back. Of note, you can only pre-pay far in advance for this cottage with cash/money draft. The lady staying next door (The pink cottage) had her purse (cash, cards, and passport) stollen which was in her bedroom while sleeping.
DO NOT, EVER, EVER stay here - absolute catastrophe.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Hewanorra Gardens
Hewanorra Gardens
#4 of 8 in Vieux Fort

Been to Lobster Pot Bay Beach Chalets? Share your experiences!