“Great view but not much else”
Review of El Nuevo Horizonte

El Nuevo Horizonte
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Yabucoa
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place had a recommendation in the guidebook so we stopped for lunch. It does have a great view but we found the food overpriced and nothing to write home about. Service was mediocre at best. A better option to eating in the restaurant would be to get small plates from the outside bar and enjoy the vista from there.

1  Thank TahoeHiker
There are newer reviews for El Nuevo Horizonte

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I went to this restaurant a few weeks ago with a group of about 14 persons. The Menu is very confusing, they have a principal menu and another menu attached to it that looks easy. I asked for a grilled chicken with salad but they didn't have chicken available, come on you don't have chicken breasts and they are on the menu???. Then I asked for a chicken quesadilla and the just bring me a cold quesadilla WITHOUT CHICKEN after 45 minutes waiting.
I told the waiter about it and she said that there was chicken in the Quesadilla... Really? maybe it disappeared from the quesadilla.

I really didn't eat because it was cold, but I payed for it. They didn't care about trying to change the plate or find a way to make me happy.

2  Thank FranK946
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The view is incredible for sure, the beers were oh sooooo cold- just like you want them and the
mofongo with fried pork was amazing. We sat outside and ate so we could take in the great view. We may have given it five stars, if my husband had ordered properly- but the other item we ordered was the seafood toastones and that was just okay. If we are ever in the area again, we will come back for sure for the mofongo and a drink!

5  Thank Nicole W
Reviewed April 5, 2012

It's an awesome place, the view will take your breath away. The only thing was the waiting for the food, almost an hour. Very good place to have few drinks, and have few appetizers...

2  Thank WilfredoAFaisca
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The view from this restaurant is amazing. It is very peaceful and breezy. I find that it is a little over prized, but if you have the money and want to have great Puerto Rican food it is worth it. I had the salmon with tostones and it was delicious.

2  Thank Jossie R