“Home atmosphere and great culinary art!”

The Windjammer Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Port Stanley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We spent at the Windjammer Inn just one night in August, but knowing before how nice it was, we would have made our stay longer!
The place is homely and warm in a very nice small town which is Port Stanley.
We had dinner there and also breakfast. Both great! Best meals of our holidays for sure! As a matter of fact we suggest this place not only for sleeping but also for eating. It's really worth a try.

1  Thank SilviaMere

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went to Pt. Stanley, On., early this spring and happened to see a bed and breakfast which had a dining room. We went in and took a look and decided to try the restaurant even though there was no one else in the place except the staff. I did not know what to expect with no one else there and a menu which had items on it which I did not even know what they were. The waitress who's name I forgot (she was from West Lorne) was very helpful. My wife and I ordered different things and shared them. We were very pleased with the tasty food we got and went back again about a month ago. This time they were busy but once again we had a very enjoyable meal. I am a senior with hearing aids and did not like the music as most noise from around me is very distracting and I want to talk to my wife instead of hearing noise. A request to turn the music, which was not loud, down was done and we again enjoyed a great meal. It is hard to understand with hearing aids and I really appreciated the lower music sound which I could barely hear and that is the way I like it.
Will be back this fall for another great enjoyable meal.

1  Thank Angus M
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The waitress was great and friendly...the food was surprizingly good...really enjoyed our evening there...

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We have been to the Windjammer a number of times for anniversaries or just an evening out with friends. We have sat both inside and out on the wrap-around porch. We have never had a bad experience here. The food is excellent, the staff friendly and the ambiance fantastic. I would highly recommend this place for a special evening out especially in the summer.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We went to the restaurant on a saturday for lunch. It was fairly busy. We sat outside on the veranda which was nice. I think there was only one server as we waited a while for our drink order to be taken. She was very nice and apologetic but c'mon. I had the pickerel cakes, they were delicious. My wife had quiche also very good. Except for the slow service it was excellent.

1  Thank Mark H