“Excellent Friendly Service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

A cozy, comfortable restaurant with good quality food. Server was very knowledgeable and made us feel welcome (we arrived very close to closing time). Croquettes and smelt appetizers were delicious. Craft beers must be tried, good quality of wine as well. When the server heard we were there for a birthday she even sent us home with a complimentary dessert.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the nearby Inn On The Harbour and while strolling around the beautiful village of Port Stanley we happened upon Me and Susie’s restaurant. We were seated immediately by friendly staff.
Looking for local fair we chose the soup of the day, a creamed cheese and pumpkin plus the local fried perch as a main dish. The soup was served in large bowl and was piping hot. The flavour was very nice but a bit too rich and a little heavy on the salt for my tastes. To be fair, I do not usually use salt in my cooking at home, so I may be a bit over sensitive to it in other dishes. It was quickly obvious that to finish the soup would destroy my appetite for the main course.
The main dish was a flour coated pan fried perch served in the 'butterfly' fashion. This had a pleasant light flavour, not fishy in the least. A touch of fresh squeezed lemon was all I added.
I tried the local brewery amber ale named Dead Elephant. A odd name for an extremely good beverage. It is a little on the bitter side (which like) and the flavour was wonderful. It refreshed the pallet, quenched my thirst and had a lovely lingering nose.
For desert we order a slice of Ovation Chocolate Cheese cake. As you might guessed by the name it consisted of bits of Ovation mint chocolate embedded in the cheese cake. The taste was predictably rich but the mint kept it fresh. The texture was heavy, more like fudge than cheese cake.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went for late lunch Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and what a great decision it was! Sat outside and we were served quite promptly. The server was friendly without being overly intrusive. I ordered the 3 mushroom 3 cheese pizza and my friend had the perch and we split a small caesar salad. The salad was a really good portion. Instead of bacon they use pancetta and what a great touch that was. The small complaint on the salad was the gigantic hard croutons. They were too hard to eat and should have just been left off. The pizza was piping hot and so tasty. I loved every bite. Mushrooms were cooked perfectly and it was piping hot. The perch and fries were also fantastic. Their homemade tartar sauce and coleslaw were really fresh and not overpowering. Overall it was one of the best lunches I've had in Port Stanley for awhile, This will be the go-to place from now on when we visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant has a fantastic, relaxed atmosphere. Wish we could have sat out on the delightful looking patio but it was a showery day.

We ordered locally caught fresh perch. Servings were ample and fish cooked to perfection. Great that we could order perch by the piece.

Service fast, effiicient and friendly. Just loved this place.

We will return soon.

1  Thank EvergreenCanada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband decided to try this restaurant for our first wedding anniversary. It was in the town we were married and had a beautiful patio and nice looking menu so we decided to give it a try. I had a beet salad to start which was delicious and reasonably priced at $6. For our main courses my husband had the ribeye steak ($32) and I had the Moroccan Chicken ($20) the prices seemed high but we figured we would splurge and the food would probably be amazing. It wasn't. The steak was extremely fatty with lots of gristle and it only came with fries and on top of 3 or 4 slices of tomato. Not worth the $32 by any means. My Moroccan Chicken when it came smelled amazing, first bite though was disappointing. There were just a few roasted red peppers on top of the chicken with 3 green olives on top of saffron basmati rice. After my first bite which was missing some substance I realized it wasn't even a chicken breast, but a thigh, with the bone IN for $20?!?
The waiter was great, very helpful but we found this place extremely over priced. For a $100 meal we could have had a MUCH better dinner just about anywhere else. Very disappointing for our first anniversary dinner :(

3  Thank Jodi K