“Do yourself a favour, don't do it” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Roxy - CLOSED

The Roxy
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, On
“Do yourself a favour, don't do it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had been to this restaurant a few years back, and it wasn't too bad. Believe me, I'm going to tell the truth about this place. The Roxy, is really "The True & Original Greasy Spoon". I had the perch dinner, on a Friday evening in July in the height of tourist season. My husband had a club house that was to have no tomatoes, but came with tomatoes. The tomatoes were not the problem though, it was the grease. I have never had food that was this saturated in oil. We have never had this terrible of a meal. We even asked someone sitting across from us, and they agreed-the worst. We didn't even want to pay full price, and didn't. How disappointing this place was. Read my other restaurant reviews and you won't find one like this from me. The waitress was also quite a peach. The table was sticky and the walls dirty. We definitely won't be back here. I'm sorry I drove to Port Stanley, and passed up many places much better. Even the soft drinks were syrup without much carburation. In fact, they didn't even have gingerale. Pepsi, iced tea or sprite was the extent of the variety this date.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

“Just plain bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went in with 5 other ppl. We sat down and the waitress came over and ask for our drink order my daughter and mother didn't know what they wanted right away the waitress said to my mother " hurry up I have other things to do" the food was horrible. Chicken fingers tasted like fish, fries were cooked so any times they were greasy and almost black, the salad was a plate full of lettuce slice of cucumber and a slice of tomatoe. I will NEVER EVER recommend this place to anyone EVER. She was rude to other ppl that can in also, ppl came in and sat down and the waitress yelled across the restaurant to them " you seated your self without waiting for me"

• Visited April 2013
London, Canada
“Ugh!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'll keep it short and to the point. Stick to the bar. We went in with 6 people. One steak, one burger and 4 perch suppers....well, being in Port you would think that the Perch would be reliable if not excellent. Bottom line, the perch was like deep fried drywall and the other dishes were high school cafeteria caliber. Beer was cold, so stick to that.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Markham, Canada
“Good casual dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went on Sat evening at 6pm, and were seated right away. We ordered perch and crab cakes, which were both tasty. Our toddler was being picky that night and would only eat bread, so our waitress brought us extra rolls each time we asked. Overall, the food was good, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere comfortable and casual.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HabsFanInToronto
Hudson Oaks, TX
“Good basic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The window seats provide a very nice view of the water. The waitress was very helpful and willing to provide lots of ice so we could make ice tea. They had very good fish and chips. Their Shepard's Pie was excellent.

Visited June 2012