“Worst meal I've ever had......”
Review of Mickey's Boathouse - CLOSED

Mickey's Boathouse
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ordered bacon wrapped scallops and beef tenederloin.
The scallops were old and tasted fishy.
The tenderloin was so tough that even the veritable saw of a steak knife could not cut it!
I called for trhe manager and complained. She immediately comped both dishes. We had ordered a bottle of wine. We paid for that and left after leaving my phone number for "Mickey" to call me.
He did call and basically said the meat was from an unusual supplier and after all I hadn't paid for it!! Then he said the scallops could not be "old" since they sold so many of them. Well, I have to tell you that they were definitely old and I don't know how he could know I was wrong since he was out of town at the time. His overall tone was aggressive as if it were my fault.

I have lived in Port Stanley for more than 10 years and I am embarassed that our lovely little village boasts this tyoe of horrible restaurant along with an aggressive, arrogant and ignorant
owner.

2  Thank peter f

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Came down to Port Stanley for a 2 day stay, tried Mickey's boathouse our first night here and it was so amazing we wanted to return the next day, and we were not disappointed the second time around either. The service was great, extremely friendly servers who care about the customers. The food was very hot, which to me is important to enjoy a meal ! We tried the curry seafood, chicken cashew stir fry and salmon with creamy dill sauce, and they were all excellent ! We would highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed !!!

2  Thank Adele C
Reviewed July 28, 2013

i go here about 6 or 7 times a year and have tried something different every time and loved them all! best thing right now is their caramel carrot cheesecake.......seriously, just skip dinner and have this with a glass of wine.......heaven!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

best food in town but slightly erratic (but very friendly) service - good value tho

large portions

Could do with a mosquito killer outside in the evening

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited Mickey's Boathouse on the recommendation of the owners of the Eagles Rest Bed and Breakfast, and had a wonderful meal there. Since we were on Lake Erie, we definitely wanted some perch. That night, the special was a combo of lake perch, halibut, and shrimp, with fresh-made fries, homemade coleslaw, real tartar sauce, corn chutney, and wedges of lemon. Perfect!!! Without even consulting the menu, we ordered that, along with some tall cool glasses of lager from their small brewery. When we were unable to decide which brew to order, our helpful waitress brought us two generous samples to try!
The table on the veranda where we could watch the activities at the harbour, the friendly service, the huge yummy meal and the unique beer made for a perfect summer evening!