“great beach getaway!”

Port Stanley Beach Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Stanley
Port Stanley Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Stanley
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My friends and I recently stayed in the penthouse at the Port Stanley Hotel and were pleasantly surprised by the experience. The room was extremely spacious and clean. We found the staff to be very accommodating - even allowing us an early check-in for no additional cost. While previous reviewers are correct in stating the unfortunate placement of Mackies, the location is still premium for anyone who enjoys the beach. The entire town is within walking distance, although I would highly recommend you choose The Buccaneer for your meals(which is attached to the hotel). We enjoyed a lunch of yellow perch and it was delicious! Breakfast, which is included with the room was also very good - with no hidden charges! Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank mac1927

Reviewed August 18, 2010

We spent two nights at the Port Stanley Beach Hotel and really enjoyed it. The purpose of our trip was simply to hang out at the beach on beautiful Lake Erie and staying here was a great choice. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. Being able to walk to the beach and back to the room(no driving required) when we desired was very convenient with kids. The complimentary breakfast was huge and awesome and a great way to start the day. We loved it!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank hiway87
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Just go here!!! The rooms open right onto the beach and I've never seen a "beach" hotel with rooms that had wood floors and persian carpets. Its like class meets beach. The hotel includes breakfast in the price which was anything on the menu and was delicious. We had dinner there as well and the proportions were huge and everyones meal was absolutely amazing. Our party of four were so full we could hardly roll out the door. The people here were all very nice and made you feel very happy that you had picked this hotel to come too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would know that they would not be disappointed. I cannot say enough about this hotel. an excellent choice. Ask for room # 2. It is huge and you"ll love it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank barb7torontotoronto
Reviewed July 20, 2010

To start off, I called this hotel over a month before our expected stay to book. I wanted a queen bed with a pull out couch which I was told was available. #6 I was told. I said I thought on the website it was a different room number and I was told I was wrong that it was indeed room number 6 I wanted. So, I booked the room. I called back later that day to confirm the booking and that 's when I was told that the room I had booked was the king room and was wayyyyy more expensive then the queen double pull out I wanted (the queen was unavailable now and the room number was 4 not 6) after a few calls back and forth the manager made it right for me and worked out a price just for the mix up.

When we arrived at the hotel was a little confusing because you had to go through the hotel resturant to get to the hotel. The outside parking was confusing as well. You could not park infront of your room because it was mackies parking lot. The only view from your room was of mackies. No waterview. No phone in the room, make sure you bring your cell.

Now to the good stuff...... The rooms were beautiful and clean (I HATE bugs, spiders etc... there was none). Beds, very very confortable! There is only a shower (no tub) but it was very nice (once I played with the settings) I liked that I could exit my room from "my own" outside patio door. Food was excellent! The resturant is attached to the hotel and the waitresses there were awesome (except one young girl, but I think she was new) all were very nice and I think went the extra mile to pay attention to my 3 year old son. You get a free breakfest with your stay and can order anything off the menu except the steak and eggs! The guy who set up the patio in the morning was really nice and even gave my son the umbrella he wanted two mornings in a row! (green one) I cant say enough good things about the staff there. The yellow perch was amazing! If you stay there you have to try it! Price of food was reasonable and the bar closed down at 11pm so there was no loudness from drunks (good when with kids) and if you still want tol get your drink on, there's G.T's not even 2 minutes away. I couldn't here anything from inside my room.

The hotel IS just steps away from the beach. Right behind Mackies.

We had a amazing time on our trip and my frustrations that I had to begin with quickly faded. I loved this hotel and will be coming back again next year! The only thing I ask, please put curtains on the windows lol the blinds just dont do it. The sun was very bright in the morning :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank barriecat
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Ii have traveled all across Canada for work and try to eat healthy. I have to say the yellow perch platter was the best fish I have ever had. The garden salad was fresh and crisp with amazing dressing. I wish this was closer to home.Friendly staff the locals make you feel at home. GREAT TRIP

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank snaponman
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I read previous reviews and chose P.S. Beach hotel & Buccaneer restaurant over the more elegant Kettle Creek Inn because of previous 2 reviews. First of all it is beach front blocked only by a local fast food icon. We were upgraded during the week days to a king bed by Latisha who was most kind and sociable. These rooms are better than any motel by far. Kettle Creek is in the center of town and a car ride to the 100 yard plus wide beach. I am not a sun tanner but the wind surfers and gulls make it worthwhile to stroll down. May I recommend the local 50 seat theatre." Mending Fences" is a realistically funny play reminding me of my own relationship with my own son. It is a must see. Breakfast is really good at the Buccaneer and dinner was enjoyed at the downtown diner and several other establishments such as " Me and Susie's" and "Kettle Creek" not to discredit the Buccaneer menu. All in all the trip from Toronto was enjoyable for my wife and one knows women. I would also recommend the antique train ride to St Thomas for a leisurely view of the countryside which features dinner and music on select days. .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drroman123
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Right next to the beach -- just great. About 5 to 10 minute walk to main street in town, but there are some restaurants and shops on the way. Would be nicer to have enclosed patio areas in front of the rooms instead of just opening onto the nearby parking lot, but besides that, very nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
#4 of 9 in Port Stanley
Cardinal Court Motel
Cardinal Court Motel
#1 of 3 in Saint Thomas

Been to Port Stanley Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!