“Great place and indeed a hidden gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunure Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunure
Dunure Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunure B&B and Inns
“Great place and indeed a hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is an ideal pit stop for travelling down the west coast of Scotland. Food is great and the place is modern and clean. Being on the harbour just adds to this perfect spot for lunch. I had a salad with actual dressing on it which is unusual in most places.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Colinnclark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Second visit, but first visit for a meal and won't be the last. Came here with my partner on a spontaneous night out for a meal and rediscovered the Dunure Inn. Excellent setting and view. Staff who you can chat to with excellent service. And the food was 5 star. Not just sea food on the menu which you would expect at a restaurant by the sea, there is other traditional pub grub on offer also. Definitely will return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

As usual myself and my partner couldn't make a decision on where to go for some food, so we looked up google to find restaurants close by and found that this menu was the most appealing. We weren't disappointed, helpful friendly atmosphere and the food was even better, you could tell that everything on the plate was made from scratch. Brilliant place to eat, which myself and my partner will definitely be visiting again. Keep up the good work guys. :-))

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited this relatively local restaurant yesterday for the first time. I've now got to ask myself why we've never been here before now having stayed locally for 12 years.
We can truly say that the only thing at miss from this restaurant was the parking, but a two minute walk is no hardship.
The food was fresh and faultless, the staff were excellent and dealt with our every need perfectly and with a bit of local banter which we enjoyed.
We will most certainly go here time and time again if this is the experience you get.
There are by
Erous indoor and out door areas to eat, my only recommendation is for you to get there asap.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Ronnie M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Lunch today was fantastic. Tempura to share went down a treat, 2 haddock in beer batter were very generous portions. 2 Chicken salad with mango salsa were amazing and a butterfly chicken accompanied with massive onion rings. The sweets for those who could manage were again ample portions with the hot chocolate fudge cake being a big hit. The kids menu also went down a treat. Friendly efficient staff and a clean restaurant with nice views over the harbour. Casual atmosphere. Great fish dishes too, a good varied menu to choose from. My new favourite casual Sunday lunch venue to chill. Thanks Dunure Inn for a nice day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Prudhoe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to have a mid week break and chose the Dunure Inn, we stayed from 21st - 23rd May 2013, What an absolute delight it was, The hotel is set in a perfect location over looking the harbour, our room had a prime view of the harbour and the coast line. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and had everything you would need for a short break.
The bar in the hotel was really relaxing and everyone was very friendly,
The restaurant was very nice, and the service was very excellent. The food was delicious, the menu very good, I am not a lover of fish but decided since we were near the sea I decided to try sea food, the dish was perfect, I think I'm a convert.
The owners of the hotel, Hugh and Helen are lovely, they are so helpful and very friendly, Hugh offered to take me out on his boat to collect the Lobster pots, The crab and the Lobster are brought in daily by Hugh and are on the menu, he made a taster with the crab he had just caught which he let the customers try.
If anyone is considering the Denure Inn for a break, then I would book up and go, We will certainly be going back and can hardly wait.
Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have a lovely view of the Harbour and coast.