“Amazing”
Review of Dunure Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunure
Dunure Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Dunure B&B and Inns
Prudhoe, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to have a mid week break and chose the Dunure Inn, we stayed from 21st - 23rd May 2013, What an absolute delight it was, The hotel is set in a perfect location over looking the harbour, our room had a prime view of the harbour and the coast line. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and had everything you would need for a short break.
The bar in the hotel was really relaxing and everyone was very friendly,
The restaurant was very nice, and the service was very excellent. The food was delicious, the menu very good, I am not a lover of fish but decided since we were near the sea I decided to try sea food, the dish was perfect, I think I'm a convert.
The owners of the hotel, Hugh and Helen are lovely, they are so helpful and very friendly, Hugh offered to take me out on his boat to collect the Lobster pots, The crab and the Lobster are brought in daily by Hugh and are on the menu, he made a taster with the crab he had just caught which he let the customers try.
If anyone is considering the Denure Inn for a break, then I would book up and go, We will certainly be going back and can hardly wait.
Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have a lovely view of the Harbour and coast.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Queensferry
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from May 18th – 20th 2013.

The Accommodation, Food, Service and Staff were all faultless. Nothing was too much trouble!
We received prompt and attentive service at all times from the very friendly and welcoming staff!
A very relaxed and informal atmosphere! Unusually, no credit card details were required when we arrived yet, we could just ‘Charge’ anything to our room!

We stayed here on a ‘WOWCHER deal, but would happily return at ‘Normal’ rates!

I must add my thanks to the management for the very generous gift of a bottle of Prosecco, brought to our room as compensation for Royal Mail’s Failure to deliver an anniversary card for my wife; something which was absolutely no fault of The Dunure Inn!

This was ‘above and beyond‘excellent service.

I’m more than certain we’ll be back!

P.S. Not forgetting the FREE wi-fi (which actually works).

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Called into this Inn for a meal on Sunday. After walking through the door, l was asked if l was eating , said yes and asked to wait a moment. which we did. after 5 mins of standing there l proceeded to a empty table and totally ignored. after a further 10 mins of waiting with no eye contact from either waitresses we got up and left. might have helped if the waitress leaning at the bar would have given us a menu or asked what we would like to drink
We went to Ben and Jerry in Ayr and got excellent attentive service

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank landy99
Inverurie
Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a wonderful experience. My husband and I booked a Wowcher stay at the Dunure Inn for two nights. The location is idyllic (even though the weather wasn't the best). The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Room was clean had everything required. Food was amazing especially the breakfast. Would definately advise other to try it. Thank you for an amazing two days.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped at first to investigate the castle we wondered to the harbour and a hungry son persuaded us over to the inn. It seemed a little quiet so we were a little unsure what to expect. Pleasantly surprised, friendly staff plain but comfortable the food was excellent. Piping hot, hot plates and tasty and reasonably priced. The cod on noodles was great. On a nice day the patio looks welcoming

• Stayed May 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to the Dunure inn was a pleasant surprise. I hadn't visited this wee pub for many years , will definitely not leave it too long again . The service was excellent all our food arrived hot and tasty. I had mussels as a main , served with two large chunks of homemade bread and a potion of chips which to be quite honest I could have done without there was plenty of eating in the large portion of mussels . My hubby had a double cheeseburger which was served with a lovely peppercorn sauce he struggled to finish it ( he did though) . It is situated right on the harbour , also has tables and chairs outside which when we get the sun will be an lovely place to sit in the summer.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My first time here , the freshness of the sea food , was so overwhelming it was a pleasure to eat from this gem of a restraunt , we could of stayed for a week just eating the beautiful sea food , and the views just complemented the food in front of u , we will b returning to enjoy a real special little gem of a restraunt , staff 10 out of 10 service 10 out of 10 , a real wee pearl of a restraunt

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunure
Savoy Park Hotel
Western House Hotel
Turnberry Road Suites
Turnberry Road Suites
#1 of 1 in Maidens

Been to Dunure Inn? Share your experiences!