“Hogmanay Break”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carrbridge
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Hogmanay Break”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Once again my wife and I spent a most enjoyable weekend at the Carrbridge Hotel for
hogmanay. As we would expect the staff were their usual friendly selves, the rooms were spotless and the meals were again excellent. The entertainment for each night was most
enjoyable and a very friendly crowd of coach party guests. New years day was all go, with a
village treasure quiz in the morning. In the afternoon Nick, the courier for New Market Travel
organised a quiz which was followed by a bingo session. In the evening we had another
couple of hours of ceilidh dancing. Super weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tom G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Suffolk
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We have just returned from a New Year break organised by Newmarket Holidays, staying at the Carrbridge Hote, and were very satisfied and had a most enjoyable stay. The hotel was comfortable, clean and warm and the staff did their very best to see that we all enjoyed the New Year's Eve celebrations, which we certainly did. The Celidh was very good and fortunately there were some Scottish people there to give us a lead with the dancing. So disappointing though that as usual, most of the English people just sat around all evening. The dancing was fun and we would certainly recommend the hotel. Also, three of our party were deaf and it was good to have a T.V. with teletext so that we could access subtitles, not that we wanted to watch T.V. much but it was nice to be able to know what was going on, if we did. The village is very pretty and there are some nice walks around. The food was quite basic but with the price we paid, we could not expect cordon bleu.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Diane061
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have a week ago spent 5 days at the above address, the hotel has recently been altered and at present the owners are adding more rooms, I was in the '' new part'' my room was 620
a lovely room, comfortable, clean I was perfectly happy with the room ........
my gripe is the food, it was terrible, there was 3 coaches in when I was there, the amount of food being returned to the kitchen was unbelievable, the entertainment in the hotel was very good,such a pity about the food.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a fantastic location, I love being in that part of Scotland, I would definately go...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Lynda M E S
Workington
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Having read the reviews I have come to the conclusion that peoples standards as to what is good food and what is poor fare differ considerably. I stayed there recently as one of a coach party and found the rooms adequate but the evening meals were by my standards abysmal. The breakfasts were good but not always hot enough. I would not go on a coach party that had this hotel as its destination.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank DanFWorkington
Maryport
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was excellent. The evening meal menu was very basic very little different from every day meals at home and this is not what I expect from an hotel. Shepherds pie and Cottage pie is not what I expect to eat in an hotel unless they are excellent which these were not

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gwen A
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I recently stayed at The Carrbridge Hotel during a weekend conference.
The staff were polite and good natured and the hotel was clean and tidy.
My room was clean and tidy and had athough quite basic everything worked fine and it was warm and cosy.
I slept very well and enjoyed my weekend in this hotel
The food was quite basic but this was a conference which was very good value so we couldn't expect too much.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank macnab99
City of Chester
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here in mid November for 3 nights as part of a railway explorer package. The local village is best described as quiet, but there are a number of walks and attractions to hand.
The hotel is a typical established hotel. Generally it was very clean and the refurbished room we had was excellent. Like a lot of hotels, fire regs have broken the "flow" of the corridors and some of the doors are well sprung, but that is a small price to pay for safety. The restuarant was good with a good selection of meals included within our package. The down side to this was the vegetables were always the same. Big panoramic windows give a grandstand view of what is going on in the village.
The hotel is a handy central location if you wish to visit say Aviemore, Grantown and its distilleries and Inverness and its Loch (and Nessie)
The staff were excellent.
We would go again

Room Tip: There is no cash dispenser in the village. The post office/general store will oblige with a cashback...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrbridge
Dalrachney Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boat of Garten
Cairngorm Hotel
Cairngorm Hotel
#2 of 11 in Aviemore

Been to Carrbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!