“Really nice hotel with lovely staff.”
Review of Cairn Hotel

Cairn Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Carrbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The rooms and bathrooms are clean, and most of the rooms are ensuite. The staff is always there to help you: I wanted to do some walking and the manager gave me a map with walking routes and ideas.The food is absolutely delicious (try the cheesecake) and you get a lot of food for a little money. I would definitely go there again, whether I'd go with my family or friends, or just on my own again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hanneke B

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Two night stay in Carrbridge.We decided to eat both nights at the Cairn.Good meals on both nights.Staff just great..nothing a problem.The pub part of the hotel has a great atmosphere.And sitting outside is first class.The menu has good choices,something for all.Yes!! a wee gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank williamson000
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 1 night in June. Our room was very clean and comfy. We found the TV set to be very small. The host is very friendly and helpful with directions. We ate at the pub and the food was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Dropped in here for our evening meal and was very pleased by what is clearly a well run hotel/pub where the atmosphere in the pub and the efficiency and friendliness of the staff was the best I have seen anywhere. Good food, and my wife and I were very disappointed not to be able to book a room for the night there and then, even losing the pre paid room in Aviemore just for a bit of craic and a blether with some friendly locals. Cursing our luck, we will be back in the very near future. Ignore the folk who have moaned, this is a small village pub in a small village and one of the most homely places I have been to. an absolute 10/10. Well done to all.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aberdeenangusthebull
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were just passing through the town and arrived for dinner nearly at closing time, not hoping for much. But, "much" sure is what we got. Upon spotting us, a waitress cheerfully and briskly set about cleaning a just-vacated table in the prime spot in the front window bay. A second waitress soon arrived to be sure we were being well taken care of. I can't include all of the helpful, accurate comments and recommendations they gave us, but suffice it to say that mid-meal my husband said it was the best restaurant experience he had ever had, at any price or location. The menu included both some Scottish favorites (I got the roast pork-best ever), as well as some interesting, but not gimmicky, twists ( my husband got a gorgeous grilled salmon filet on a lightly sautéed version of salad Nicoise). Everything was fresh from nearby sources, and the portions were generous. We visit Scotland every couple of years, and the next time we go we will be sure to put the Cairn Hotel on our must-do list.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We took a chance picking the Cairn Hotel from an information center booklet. Even from the first phone call to see if they had lodging for the same night they were friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and the room was quite spacious and every basic need is there for you. The food was well prepared and the bar was quite cozy and warm. It is even just across the street from some very nice hiking in the woods just behind the main street of town. The friendliness and helpful nature of the staff was fantastic throughout and gave us a satisfying stay during our travels.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrDbag
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Friendly and helpful service, great menus for breakfast and dinner all freshly cooked, clean and comfortable rooms, great choice of real ale in the bar. Good value.

Nice and handy for Landmark too. I have already recommended it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrbridge
The Boat Hotel
6 mi away
Eriskay
Eriskay
#13 of 28 in Aviemore

Been to Cairn Hotel? Share your experiences!