“Still up to standards.”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Reading, United Kingdom
“Still up to standards.”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I writ a review before about this hotel and it never ceases to displease. This is the second time I have stayed here and it really is a good hotel. the staff are so friendly and the hotel rooms are good enough for a couple of days or a week or so. The hotel is right next to a restaurant and pub which makes the stay even better. I'm glad to say that I will be coming back to this hotel again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is taking a trip to Newcastle.

Room Tip: You might prefer to sleep on the bottom floor as I thought they where much more silent than the high...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMPremierInn11, General Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle Airport (South) Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very glad your stay with us was a good one; we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
divonne les bains
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Omg I am so using the guarantee tomorrow morning. No idea why but this room is so god darn hot on a normal temperature day and with no air con we have an industrial auze fan which turn the room into trying to sleep in a fan assisted oven. Forget about opening a window. Noise pollution from drunks, couples fighting and metros outside and light pollution from security lights in parking placed right next to the bedroom windows which have inadequate black out. Forget the money back guarantee I needed a room change and I couldn't 't get one. 29 quid does not make up for doing night shift followed by a very busy day tomorrow. I soooooo need to sleep premier Inn Newcastle Airport South :(

• Stayed July 2014
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle Airport (South) Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Wakefield
Reviewed July 21, 2014

A very good 2 night stay. Always a great stay at premier inn this hotel didn't let us down. Could have done with air conditioning though. Still a very comfortable stay. Staff Were very friendly Thank you

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.
Weston Super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014

One of the best Premier Inns I have had the pleasure to stay at. The staff were very friendly and professional and one member of staff showed concern that I was hard of hearing and offered a system in case of a fire alarm, something never offered to me before. I left an item in my room and the staff were good enough to contact me and I managed to return to collect it, first class!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.
walsall
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Having spent the previous night in a premier inn, Paisley, it was going to be interesting to compare the 2 hotels. To be honest they are identical in many ways as to be expected from a chain. There is a big car park which is barrier controlled and covered by cctv, Booking was made easy by a bubbly, cheerful receptionist called Katie who made sure i had everything i needed and gave me all the relevant info about the hotel. The room was clean, bright and spacious with a nice sized bathroom.This hotel is out in the countryside with only the pub around but there is a metro station about 150 yards away if you wanted to go into town. I did not hear any noise from the planes whilst in the hotel but it is very loud when outdoors.My 2nd night was marred by a guest upstairs constantly walking about heavy footed till 11.30 then starting again at 5.30 in the morning, not the best preparation for the long drive back to the midlands.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms facing the car park are quieter,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write a review; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have stayed at this particular hotel a number of times and found the reception staff always pleasant, friendly and providing a high level of service. Asking for help in finding a laundry, shopping facilities and other travelling issues, was met with a smile and lots of practical assistance.
This hotel is quiet and is close to the train station which is good as we can go into the city and leave the car behind.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed here recently for two nights whilst attending a special occasion in Corbridge. The location of the hotel was ideal as we were only approximately 14 miles away and the room was £49 Saturday and £29 Sunday. The only eating establishment around the area was The Wheatsheaf next door which I shall pass comment on seperately on Trip Advisor. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. As carer for my disabled mum and sister, I must say the hotel was great for our requirements. We all shared a disabled room on the ground floor - this was previously arranged by telephone. There were emergency pull cords in the bedroom and bathroom and grab rails fitted around the bathroom and on the bath - it would be good though for hotels to be able to provide some sort of mobility bath seat for ease of getting into the bath if needed. The room was spacious and clean. I did need to go to reception to request extra towels as there were not enough for all of us and there were not enough drink condiments - the receptionist was very obliging. The only problem found with the room was that there was no mirror near to the hairdryer and anyone with mobility issues may also have issues trying to access the hairdryer because of it's positioning. The only mirror was a full length one on the opposite side of the room and this was a problem as the hairdryer cord barely stretched half way. I pointed this out to the receptionist on duty at the time it was needed. A great hotel for a short stay !

Room Tip: Take your own hairdryer and an extension cable for if needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. Your feedback is important to us as it enables us to improve standards; I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards, Mark Davidson, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Novotel Newcastle Airport
Novotel Newcastle Airport
#31 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airpor...
#69 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth...
#21 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosfort...
#33 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth
Travelodge Newcastle Gosforth
#41 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle Airport (South) Hotel? Share your experiences!